SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Goodbye to my Sermon Index friends

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
repentcanada

Re:

God be with you and yours brother, will miss reading your posts/comments

2008/4/2 21:53Profile

Re: Goodbye to my Sermon Index friends

I didn't get to know you to well, being a new-be, but I liked what Ravenhill said about 2% real Christians in America.

I went to china in 07', summer, and in conversing with Chinese believers, or seekers, the subject came up concerning the number of Christians living in America. 80% they cheerfully guessed. [they love America....shang ra-la with golden streets and automobiles for all!] No, and cutting to the chase, I said about 2% of americans were true Christians.

I had no idea that Ravenhill also agreed. Needless to say, they were shocked, or just thought I had a mental problem. Real Christians are Christ like, not necessarily just born again. 2ndly, web sites promote personas, which , believe it or not, are not necessarily the real person they project.

I wish you the best to endure the pressures coming, and bear a loving heart to your Master in the days to come. Semper Fidelus is our King. Tom

2008/4/2 23:01
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Will go against the grain here and ask if you are sure this is the Lord and that you might reconsider brother.

Still recall Philologo's mention one day, taking note of your member name under the log on section that has the time counters;

[u]jimdied2sin[/u]; 2 minutes ago

;-)

Either way brother ... no need to be a stranger.

2008/4/2 23:15Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Dear brother, if this has anything to do with the recent altercation that transpired here a few days ago...please do reconsider your decision to leave.

I've learnt a long time ago to not make these types of decisions when upset; the same principle can be applied to going grocery shopping when hungry. You'll buy stuff, you'll get things you really don't need. Brother, you don't need to delete your account, and there is a remnant here that loves you and appreciates much of your zeal.

Do reconsider, do spend some time in contemplation. God bless you, Jim.

2008/4/2 23:25Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Do reconsider

I'll agree with Mike and Paul here. I think your desire to break fellowship here is unfortunate. I'll be honest and say that I don't always see things the way you do...and perhaps that's the best reason for you to stay. You may need to take a break, but perhaps you don't need to break away.

MC

2008/4/3 0:51Profile

Re:

Jim... you and I have butted heads a few times, but I am a better man for it. You have been an encouragement and a challenge to me, and I hate to see you go.

I appreciate that a while back we were able to find common ground on which we could stand together. I think we have a lot more common ground than we think we do.

Love ya bro... and SI is an addiction. You will be back. ;-)

Krispy

2008/4/3 7:14
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Hi Jimmy,

I thank you for being true to your convictions. Your blogs have often encouraged me.

narrowpath

2008/4/3 8:04Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I guess because I haven't been around a lot lately, I did not get the opportunity to know Jim, but it looks like he has a lot of friends here. Jim if this is what God is telling you to do my advise is move on and don't look back, if God is telling you to make this move it may take a while before he shows you why, but as always God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28) I am sure you are one of the called.

2008/4/3 9:29Profile

Re:

Goodbye, So long, Farewell to thee, Adieu,
Be good, Bye Bye, Relax, Take Care, Bon Voyagee,
Adieu mon vieux. A la prochaine. Goodbye 'til we meet again!

2008/4/3 10:31

Re:

I do pray that you will change your mind and decide not to leave. :-)

2008/4/3 16:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy