Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

birthing

by Warren Litzman

Nothing in Christianity Works Properly
Without a Knowledge of the Birthing.

When Jesus said to Nicodemus, “You must be born again,” it was the beginning of the fulfillment of Ephesians 1:4. Before the foundation of the earth was laid, God had determined that all humans would never be completed humans until they were put in Christ (Col. 2:10). Throughout the entire Old Testament never a word was said about humans being in Christ. That time would come when God raised up the Apostle Paul. He would be the first to know the in Christ truth and he would give it to everyone else.

Yet Jesus was the first to mention it. John, in his gospel, is the only one to record what Jesus said, but when Nicodemus asked how humans would be rebirthed, Christ did not answer him. This was because Paul alone would be raised up to deliver such an answer in the final gospel. The essence of the statement is you must be born-again in order for Christ to be in you. The birthing is what placed Christ in the human believer and at the same time the human believer was placed in Christ.

While this event of the new birthing was announced by Jesus of Nazareth, it could not take place until the Holy Spirit came on the day of Pentecost. All believers on the day of Pentecost were by the coming of the Holy Spirit, baptized or placed in Christ and this was the prime mission of the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 12:13). The part of receiving the Holy Spirit and the speaking in tongues was a fulfillment of prophecy (Joel 2:28) and was important to Israel, as the earthly kingdom was still being offered to Israel.

The outer signs of the miraculous events on that first day of Pentecost, coming after the death of Christ on the cross, were a continuation of signs and wonders given by God to open Israel’s eyes to the need of the kingdom of God on earth and the acceptance of their Messiah. Such outer signs are not needed in grace because there is no need to prove the validity of God’s power or Christ being real for He now lives in the knowing believer. But the coming of the Holy Spirit was absolutely critical to the grace believers and the final gospel, because as I Corinthians 12:13 plainly says that by one Spirit, the Holy Spirit, every believer is placed into one body, Christ (I Cor. 12:12).

Today with the Apostle Paul’s revelation of the final gospel, received directly from Christ, a believer being placed in one body is simply effecting the birthing. Another important thing Jesus said to Nicodemus when He announced the birthing was that he could not see the kingdom or enter the kingdom unless he was born again. When Jesus said this, the earthly kingdom was still being offered, but the truth of it applies to the final gospel also. There is a kingdom for the born-again and the kingdom is Christ himself. At salvation, all believers are translated into Christ or birthed into Him (Col. 1:13). There are many unbelievable truths connected with the birthing and few believers really understand it all. Yet many are coming to its knowledge. Nothing in Christianity works properly without a knowledge of the birthing. Coming to an understanding of the birthing is the purpose of Paul’s final gospel.

Scriptural proofs:

Colossians 1:9-29 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness; Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

2008/4/1 23:30Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: birthing

The word travail; as to travail much in prayer, is
the same as the Grk word for birth. We have a
labour of faith, a labour of love, and our labour
for the Lord is not in vain!!

2008/4/2 21:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Oh, that the Body of Christ would know this.

That who we truly are is Christ and His Seed of the Father is what gives us new life.

The whole Seed, not just parts and peaces by what we do, but by who we are in Christ and who this Christ is in us.

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

How shall we know this mystery?

John 16:7-14 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Is The Holy Spirit come? Is the Holy One Himself come in the Flesh, that is our flesh? Yes Lord Jesus Come and thank you for the Teacher-Parakleet, the Holy Spirit.

1 John 2:20-29 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming. If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Amen; In Christ, Phillip

2008/4/3 4:32Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

By Warren Litzman

“Ye must be born again” (John 3:7).

Introduction

“Ye must be born again” is a favorite sermon topic, but relatively few Christians really understand what it means to be born again. Why is it such a rare thing to hear a simple exposition of what the new birth means and what takes place when one is born again? This has always perplexed me because the fact is our supernatural birth is as real as our natural birth.

In order to understand the birthing, or what it means to be born again, a historical setting may be helpful. In the Old Testament, salvation was of the soul. That makes salvation easy to understand because most of us grew up in religion where we learned a vocabulary to express the concept of salvation by our soul-winning campaigns and by being encouraged to be a soul-winner. The use of the word soul is primarily Old Testament terminology. In the Old Testament, the saving of the soul was all there was because the saving of the spirit by Christ was not yet a reality. Christ had not yet died on the cross, and no provision had been made to have an exchange in spirit wrought by Christ in the person at that time. This exchange takes place in the believer’s spirit; Satan out and Christ in. All soul salvation was of self-effort, and the person had to do something to make it happen. An example of this would be Abraham, who was said to be a great man of faith, but the Scripture states that what made him a great man was his obedience—which is self-effort. Obedience salvation requires that you do something to make it so. All salvation in the Old Testament was soulish with no exchange taking place in spirit.

In the Old Testament, the word soul is used eight times more than in the New Testament. In Paul’s epistles, he uses the word soul only nine times. There is little mention of soul in the New Testament because once Christ is birthed in the spirit of the believer, there is not anything you can do to improve the condition of the spirit. In the Old Testament, salvation was something that was done soulishly, and the human spirit (Satan’s nature, kindly referred to as “Adamic nature”) was brought under subjection. That was very tenuous because even the greatest people in the Old Testament had a difficult time bringing their spirit under subjection.

The Liberating Secret

It is my understanding that the entire purpose of the third-dimensional world that exists around us is to facilitate what I see in the Scripture to be the “liberating secret.” The liberating secret is something hidden in God that no man in the Scriptures knew anything about until it was revealed to Paul by God (Gal. 1:15–16), and Paul told it to us in his epistles. Paul would finally summarize the liberating secret in Colossians 1:26–27 as “Christ in you, the hope of glory.” He would go on to teach us that the creature was a container with the Creator living His life in and through the creature. All this comes about as a result of the birthing.

The word birth, when used literally, always means a new life, which has the same nature as the parents, coming into existence. When a wolf or a sheep is born, there is a new life which has the wolf nature or the sheep nature, as the case may be. When a child is born into the world, a new life comes into existence. This life has the nature of the child’s parents which is sinful and subject to death. This is the birth that Jesus called “of the flesh,” and the result of that birth is flesh. This birth of the flesh receives its nature from Adam, the father of the human race. The Adamic nature, however, is a sin-nature or a Satan-nature. The only thing God could do with the flesh was to judge it, and the judgment resulted in condemnation and execution (Rom. 8:3; Gal. 2:19; Rom. 6:6). Scripture does not teach that the human being has a nature of its own. To be re-birthed does not mean that this life which is born of the flesh is changed or made over. Because Satan’s nature misused the Creator’s creation of the human, the creature had to have a miracle to ever function according to its original, Godly creation. That miracle would be an exchange of natures, making the new birth imperative.

The new birth is a birth in the Spirit. It is to be “born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:13). It is the coming into being of a new life which has the incorruptible and immortal (not subject to death) nature of its father, God. Of the new birth, Peter writes:

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever” (1 Peter 1:23).

This seed not only lives forever, but it also remains (1 John 3:9) in the one who is born of God. Such life must be eternal, and that is what Jesus said it is (John 3:16). Life, which is eternal, cannot die. All who are born of the incorruptible seed have an incorruptible nature (the God-nature), which is eternal life. It is impossible for such to be unborn, for that would mean the corruption of the divine nature and the death of that which cannot die.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/4/10 5:34Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

2008/4/10 21:23Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

By: Warren Litzman

The Origin of the Plan of God

If someone were to ask you what your origin was, what would you say? Your first idea might be that you had a mother and a father, and when they came together you came out of their union. But that is not really your origin. Someone else might say, My origin was when I was saved. That is when I was birthed, or born again. But that would not be your origin either. You might even go all the way back to Adam and say that your origin was in Adam, your forefather. But that would not be correct either. In order to answer this question you must start with God and the plan He had before the foundation of the world:

“According as he hath chosen us in him [Christ] before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love” (Eph. 1:4, author’s translation added).

What was behind this great plan of God? Before anything was created that is in the Bible, we are told that God had a house full of creatures. The creatures that God created had no sonship quality in them and did not bear the earmarks of God’s nature. Having a father spirit, God took one of these creatures and placed him as a son. He did not birth him as a son; He placed him as a son, and we know that son to be Lucifer. One day this son, Lucifer, who is called son of the morning in Isaiah 14:12, decided that he was greater than God and tried to take over God’s house, which led to God taking action.

If I were to ask you who you thought God was, the first thing that would come to your mind would probably be that God is love. That answer would be correct because God is love and all He wants from His created creatures is reciprocal love. Love is what He did not get from Lucifer. God does not want a creature who is forced or programmed to love Him. God wants a creature to love Him by a free-will decision because of who He is. God, as Father, wanted to fill His house with sons, and that is how this great plan of God came about.

The Bible tells us exactly what God thought at that very moment. In Ephesians 1:4 we read,

“According as he hath chosen us in him [Christ] before the foundation of the world…”

According to this idea, God made a choice that all His sons would be in Christ. He made that choice before the foundation of the world. It is not surprising that the most often stated truth in the New Testament is that of being “in Christ.” It is stated more than any other single concept. The great liberating secret comes from the statement, “in Christ.” God created free moral agents, just like you and I, with a plan that one day we would come to a place where we find that we cannot save ourselves and need help. Our lives might be in turmoil, and we may come to the conclusion that we cannot work it out by ourselves. At that moment, God’s liberating secret goes into effect because we have the free-will option of turning to Jesus; and when we believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, God births the liberating secret in us. An unfortunate fact today is that multitudes of believers who are saved do not know the liberating secret. They have no understanding of Christ in them and what that means.

The only way there can possibly be another person in you is to have a conception, which brings about a birthing. There is no other way to accomplish a birthing action. From the time God decided He was going to put Christ in the believer to the time He first did it, at least 4,000 years passed. Everything that happened during that time period had to do with setting the stage to bring about the liberating secret. As born-again believers, we know something that neither Isaiah, Moses, Abraham, Jacob, nor Adam knew. We know something that no one in this world knew for over 4,000 years. We know that the only way a creature can ever please God is for God to take a part of Himself and put it into the creature. Throughout the entire Old Testament, the theme is that people must do something to please God. God allowed the people in the Old Testament to approach Him by their own works; however, they had to offer a sacrifice by killing an animal. The required sacrifice pointed to the Cross, but killing an animal did not save the people, as there was no life in anything they did. “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life” (1 John 5:12). God waited 4,000 years until the momentous event of the Cross came about.

2008/4/10 21:26Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

By Warren Litzman:

The Origin of the Birthing

Jesus was the first to speak of the birthing when He spoke to Nicodemus, who was the ruler of the Jews. God arranged for Nicodemus, who had heard about Jesus teaching and performing miracles, to go to Jesus and say,

“We know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him” (John 3:2).

It was obvious that Nicodemus wanted to talk to Jesus about spiritual matters. He most likely wanted to talk about Moses and the Law and the many wonderful things that had happened during that 4,000-year period. Jesus looked at this spiritual leader and, with no explanation, said he must be born again or he cannot see the kingdom of God, or better yet, he cannot understand what God is doing unless he is re-birthed. That was a far-out comment.

Nicodemus was aware that an earthly kingdom was going to be set up at some point in time because God had promised throughout the Old Testament that a Messiah-king would take over Israel someday. But Jesus said there was no use in discussing such things until Nicodemus was born again. My understanding of that discussion is that the kingdom was not going to be set up on earth at that time because the kingdom would ultimately be in believers when they are born again. That was so radical that Nicodemus did not understand it. The end of that conversation was that Nicodemus did the only rational thing there was to do by saying, Well, does that mean I can go back into my mother’s womb and come out a second time? Jesus never answered his question. Instead, Jesus said a very strange thing. He said, Nicodemus, it is like the wind blowing, you do not know where it is coming from and you do not know where it is going. That is what it means to be born again. That was the introduction to the liberating secret. That was the introduction of the “mystery.” It literally meant you must have a spiritual birthing before you can ever understand the things of God.

I believe there are multitudes today who are born-again children of God, but they do not see the things of God because they do not understand the birthing process. Nicodemus did not understand it, and Jesus did not explain it to him. That is very important. Why didn’t Jesus explain to Nicodemus what it meant to be born again? Why did He say it is like the wind blowing? The reason was it was a mystery not to be revealed at that time.

Nicodemus had already called Jesus a rabbi, which established an important factor. When Jesus would not answer his question, He took it out of the hands of people such as the rabbis, preachers, prophets, apostles and everyone else to explain the mystery. He, Himself, as the Son of God, would not explain the birthing process. I think He did not do it because one day, as in 1 Corinthians 2:9–10, the Apostle Paul would be destined to say,

“Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him [the liberating secret that God had prepared for mankind] but God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit” (author’s translation added).

Paul said the deeper things of God could only be revealed to you by the Spirit.

John also says some powerful and significant things about the birthing in his gospel and epistles. In John 5:1 we read, “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born [birthed] of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten [is birthed] of him” (author’s translation added).

What we have in this verse are two different terms relating to the birthing, born and begotten. In 1 John 3:9, an interesting word applies to the birthing, “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.”

The Koine Greek word for “seed” in this verse is sperma. The seed signifies the fact that spiritual life is imparted to the believer the instant of believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. The phrase, “his seed remaineth in him,” explains that the Seed, which is placed into the believer, abides without the possibility of removal or extinction. This means that the child of God, one who is re-birthed, remains eternally related to Christ and to the Father.

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin” is also significant because the believer’s Adamic spirit has been exchanged for the Spirit of Christ, who does not sin! “He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (1 Cor. 6:17).

Skipping down to 1 John 5:4 we read, “For whatsoever is born [birthed] of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world even our faith” (author’s translation added).

This verse takes some explaining. It states that whosoever is born of God overcometh the world. It is very rare to hear anyone preach on that statement. What you usually hear is that the born-again have ready access to God, or that the born-again can get faith to obtain a miracle. This verse does not say there is anything you have to do to make it work. It says the birthing means you have overcome the world. That is difficult for us because we do not really believe this fact; moreover, we are so mixed up with all of the soulish preaching we have heard about seeking after God, fasting and praying, memorizing Scriptures, or contacting someone with faith who can help, that we miss the entire content of this verse. At the same time, this verse does not say whoever is birthed of God will never have trouble. This verse does not say you will not get sick. It does not say you will never die.

2008/4/12 13:42Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The moment we were born again, we were unfit for this world. We are not supposed to fit in because we are a new creation. We are an entirely different race of people, like people from Venus or Mars who have set foot on this earth. God, Himself, re-birthed us; and He did not intend that the world should swallow us up. The world and all that is in it is under His subjection (Col. 1:16–17). All things were created by Christ and for Christ; and aside from Christ there is not anything in existence. Furthermore, John says,

“All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made” (John 1:3).

When the world was created with its evil, its Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, with the serpent, with evil men all around, and getting worse, God still says, Whoever is birthed of God overcomes. We have not heard the gospel, have we? If every Christian knew that Christ was in them and that learning Christ would mean it did not matter what the Devil threw at them, what a difference that would make in their lives. They would be overcomers, regardless of what God allowed to come their way. If one gets laid off the job, it concerns us. If the necessary money does not come in, it concerns us. If the doctor says there is a lump on your neck, it concerns us. From now until the time we go home to the Father’s house, there are going to be things that concern us. But Christ has overcome the world. Nevertheless, Scripture does not say it will not hurt or it will not get bad. It does say we will overcome.

I do not know what you are concerned about, but I want to tell you that your visible problem is not the real problem. Your real problem is not knowing who you are; whoever is birthed by God is going to overcome this world. Better yet, we have already overcome because there is not anything in the world that can take away your birthing or your relationship with the Father. Paul saw this, and he thought of the worse thing that could happen to a human being, and he said, It does not matter whether I live or die. I have told people on their deathbeds that Christ was in them. Hearing that made a big change in them because they had been frightened to meet God and most of them were wondering why God did not give them a miracle and raise them out of bed. They did not know, or had forgotten, that Christ was in them and that was all they needed.

In 1 John 5:18 it says,

“We know that whosoever is birthed of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten [birthed] of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not” (author’s translation added).

Charismatics would rather chase the Devil than preach a gospel that says he will not touch whoever is birthed of God without God’s permission. A remarkable thing happened to me years ago. It may have been my Baptist background, as we were never taught much about the Devil. When I began to preach in Pentecostal churches and with Charismatics in the faith movement, all I heard about was the Devil; I became Devil-conscious. Later, I decided that if I were the Devil, I would want people to be conscious of me. If I were the Devil, I would want everyone casting out devils and calling everything from a stump to a burned down house the work of the Devil. By distracting them with Devil-consciousness, there would be fewer opportunities for them to know that whoever is birthed of God cannot be touched by the Devil without God’s permission. That is big, isn’t it?

The verse also says, “Whoever is birthed of God keepeth himself.” We need to ask ourselves how that works. A believer cannot save himself, and he cannot stay saved on his own efforts. How then does he keep himself? I think the answer is by doing what he knows he ought to do to be true to the Christ within him. This is the best thing James ever said. “To him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin” (James 4:17). Sin, then, is a violation of your knowledge. Think about a diabetic person. If a diabetic takes his pill or his inoculation on schedule, he lives. He is doing what he ought to do by keeping himself. Most of us do not do what we are supposed to do most of the time. You cannot have a love affair with Jesus until you know He has been birthed in you. V

Christ-life Fellowship
PO Box 170307 Dallas, TX 75217-0307 USA

litzman@christ-life.org 214-391-0488

Webservant

2008/4/13 6:42Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The Birthing

Part 2

By Warren Litzman

The Holy Spirit and the Liberating Secret

In the last series of messages Jesus gave in John 14, 15 and 16, He laid out something very important concerning the Holy Spirit. These three chapters introduce the Holy Spirit, who was yet to come. In John 14:20, Jesus specifically said, “At that day [the Day of Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit comes] ye shall know that I am in my Father and ye in me, and I in you” (author’s translation added).

That is a very important statement Jesus made. If we do not understand what Jesus said, we will not understand the liberating secret. Jesus said only when the Holy Spirit comes would you know what God had done and who you are. You would know that “I am in you and you are in me.” It is obvious to me, from reading the Scriptures, that the Holy Spirit came and multitudes did not understand what Jesus had said at all! They did not have any knowledge about the birthing. They did not have any understanding about how Christ was in the believer and the believer was in Christ. Nothing is written about this truth in the book of Acts. The whole of what the Holy Spirit came to do, as far as Jesus was concerned, was missed. It is the same in the Christian world today with multitudes of believers misusing the Holy Spirit. They think He is power and the blessing, and they make Him the gifted one. They teach that He is the one who empowers man to be something in and of Himself, but Jesus never spoke of that being the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said when the Holy Spirit came, He would not do anything of Himself; He would not speak of Himself but would take the things of Jesus and reveal them to the believer (John 15:26; 16:13–14). It was a mystery that needed to be revealed. That mystery was Christ in man (Col. 1:26–27). The Holy Spirit would perform and reveal that ministry.

Jesus did not answer Nicodemus because it was the Holy Spirit’s work to reveal the Son. The Holy Spirit reveals Christ in and to the believer! This was missed in the book of Acts. Blessed as the book of Acts is, we have no record of Christ as the life of the believer until some years later when Paul received a revelation of Christ as his life (Gal. 1:15–16). The mystery is very important! Paul said only the Holy Spirit could reveal the mystery. Paul speaks of several mysteries, but the mystery of godliness is Christ in you, your only hope of glory (Col. 1:26–27). You come to know that only by the Holy Spirit.

2008/4/22 13:47Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The New Creation In Christ Jesus

By Warren Litzman;

He who is saved is “created in Christ Jesus” (Eph. 2:10). “In Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature” (Gal. 6:15). This creation takes the place of the old creation in the first Adam.

“If any man be in Christ Jesus, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new” (2 Cor. 5:17).

This new creation is “the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness” (Eph. 4:24).

The new man is the born-again man, the one born of the Spirit, as distinguished from the old man, or carnal man, the one born of the flesh. The old man has a corrupt sin-nature, with inborn tendency to evil. The new man is partaker of the divine nature and life, and in no sense is the old man made over, or improved (Eph. 4:24; Rom. 6:6).

God created Adam in His own likeness (Gen. 5:1–2). Afterward, “Adam…begat a son in his own likeness, after his image and called his name Seth” (Gen. 5:3). This is the beginning of the generations of the human race. But something happened in the interval between the second and third verses of Genesis 5. Adam, through sin, had lost his likeness of God. When Seth was begotten in Adam’s “own likeness, after his own image,” it was not in the original likeness to God, but it was in the likeness of sinful Adam. Scripture said of Adam “and he died,” so it was also said of Seth “and he died.” The observant reader will find the following formula throughout the chapter: “And all the days of…are…years: and he died.” There is but one exception, Enoch, of whom it is not said, “and he died.” Enoch, who was “translated that he should not see death” (Heb. 11:5), is a type of those saints who are to be translated when Christ comes for His Church.

Ever since, that same formula has applied to man. Every descendant of Adam, from Cain and Seth down to the present day, has been born in the likeness and after the image of Adam, with a sinful nature and subject to death. There is absolutely no exception from this condition. Therefore,

“Through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all have sinned” (Rom. 5:12).

Thus, “by the offence of one, judgment came upon all men” (Rom. 5:18). The words which are written large over the first creation, of which Adam is the federal head, are: Sin Hath Reigned unto Death.

That condition is unalterable, for God had commanded Adam not to eat of the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and had made death the penalty for disobedience. That means death in its fullest significance: physical death, spiritual separation from God and the second death, which is the final everlasting separation of the body, soul and spirit from God. God’s commandment had been broken, and the penalty could not be avoided. When the Son of God became flesh and came into the world, He dwelt among men of the old creation. But He was not of it. He was not of the seed of Adam, but of the seed of His heavenly Father. Therefore, He did not possess Adam’s sinful nature. He was full of truth (John 1:14). He was in the likeness of sinful flesh (Rom. 8:3), but no sin was in Him.

Through love, Christ identified Himself with the first creation and took upon Himself its guilt. He was the Lamb of God which takes away the sin of the world. As a result, He tasted death for every man (Heb. 2:9). But God raised Him up, “having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that He should be holden of it” (Acts 2:24). He rose victorious over death. The Son of God? Yes, but also the Son of man. With His resurrection, there was a new creation raised by God out of the death of the old. All who are saved are quickened together with Christ in this resurrection.

“But God…even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Eph. 2:4–6).

As the first creation has one man as its federal head (Adam) so also has the new creation the man, Jesus Christ (Rom. 5:15). The first creation received its sinful nature from its federal head, Adam. The new creation receives its righteous nature from its federal head, the man, Jesus Christ, for “by the obedience of one, many shall be made righteous” (Rom. 5:19). In each case, the nature of the creation depends upon the act of the head. It does not depend upon the acts of those who issue from the head.

As the unalterable law of the first creation is sin unto death, so the law of the new creation is grace reigns through righteousness unto eternal life. The law of the new creation is even more unalterable than that of the first creation.

“For if by one man’s offence, death reigned by one: much more they which received abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ” (Rom. 5:17).

Since the head of the new creation cannot be condemned (Rom. 6:9–10), the members cannot be condemned. To be saved is to be rebirthed into the new creation under the law of righteousness unto eternal life. If one who has been re-birthed can be un-birthed, it must be possible to bring him back into his original position in the old creation. That is impossible! To say this could happen would contradict Jesus’ own words: “He that heareth my words and believeth on him that sent me…shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life” (John 5:24). Furthermore, for everyone that is in the new creation, the old has passed away (2 Cor. 5:17). There can be no return to it. To say a saved person, one who has been quickened (rebirthed) together with Christ, can be lost is to reject completely God’s teachings concerning His new creation.

For the most part, in Christianity today, we have a religious idea that a new creature means we are an old person made better. Because Christians do not understand the birthing, they keep this idea that they are getting better; however, it was never God’s intention that we be better. It was never God’s intention that we be good on our own. We have missed the point, and that is why we fail as Christians. That is why we are not steady, nor do we quit our sinning. Our thinking and actions do not change because there is no concept change. A Christian is not a changed person; he has a totally exchanged life! That is what “new creation” means.

You may have thought life was the way you lived; but the life, the only life there is, is in the Son. Some theologians who write translations from the Greek have another translation of that verse that says, “If any man be in Christ he is a new race of people.” That translation fits what the Scriptures teach. As you read the Scriptures, they say we are strangers and sojourners; we are not a part of this earth at all. We are a heavenly people and were never intended to be earthly people. We are an entirely new race of people, but we have no understanding of that. How do you get to be a new race of people? You have to be birthed by a father, but it cannot be the same father you had in the previous race. To be of a new race of people you have to have a father who is of that race. God does not change us from one thing to another; He has an entirely new race of people on this earth who are not earthly but are heavenly. When you understand the birthing, you understand the lifeline of 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” We are a new race of people because the old has passed away. Most Christians do not understand this truth and that is why the world is not flocking to Christianity. The liberating secret of Christianity is still in God because we have not allowed the Holy Spirit to reveal it to us.

Paul said these truths were once hidden from apostles and prophets but are now made known by the Spirit. The writer of Hebrews said in Hebrews 1:1–2 that in the last days, God will no longer speak through prophets but by His Son. This is so because they are a new race of people. They are not old people that have accepted Jesus as their Savior; they are re-birthed people. If you really knew that, your life would be radically changed by that knowledge. You would know the only life you now live is Christ. You would know there is only life in the Son. You would know the only way you have life is by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. If you understood the essence and the power of that, it would change your world, your mind and your ideas. It would change your health, your problems and your marriage. I am not talking about being a “good Christian” because I do not think you can be a good Christian. I am not talking about being holy because I do not think you can be holy. I am talking about a birthing. I am talking about something God has done in you. God put someone in you who made the difference, who made you different in character and person than you ever dreamed you were. You have been born again.

In John 3:7, Jesus said you must be born again, and not until the next to the last epistle written in the Bible is that statement ever used again. In fact, it is only used twice in the Bible. In 1 Peter 1:23 it says, “Being born again not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible.” You are birthed in the natural because a father and a mother cohabited. They performed an act of love; and, as a result, the father put his seed in the mother, and that seed is another person.

There is nothing a mother can do to bring about that other person aside from the father’s seed. The mother may have cohabited; she may give herself; she may genetically give her ovum to encompass that seed and bring out genetic effects in that person created, but that mother cannot produce another person by herself. It is done by the father’s seed. What did Jesus mean when He said, You must be born again? He literally said there must be another father in the picture because only fathers produce fruit. Mothers cannot produce fruit; they only bear it. Believers cannot produce fruit; they are mothers who can only bear the seed that is put in them. You cannot produce a Christian life. I do not care how many times you are baptized, how many churches you join, how many times you make commitments, how many times you consecrate yourself, how many times you go to the altar, how much good work you do; as a believer, you cannot do any good works to please the Father. There is nothing you can do to produce Christ-likeness or the Christ-life. You must start with that fact. There are many things you will do, but there is nothing you can do to produce that seed. The seed has to come from a father. That is what Peter is saying in 1 Peter 1:23. He says you are born again by the Father putting His seed in you.

Let me tell you what happened the instant you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ. First, you need to understand that all you needed to do was believe. Acts 16:31 says, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shall be saved.” The instant you believed, you cohabited with another Father; and that Father, in an act of love, birthed in you His dear Son. That birthing is an act of love. Notice in 1 Peter 1:23 he said, “Being born again not of corruptible seed.” The new creation race was introduced in that verse. The corruptible seed is what happened to you when your natural mother and father came together. When your natural father planted a seed in your mother, you were birthed in corruption. Because of that, you came into this world a sinner with a sin-nature needing a Savior. You were unable to save or redeem yourself. The corruptible seed is the old life and not the life we now live. The life we now live is Christ because He has been birthed in us. This truth is explained more completely in 2 Peter 1:4: “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature.”

There are a number of things to be said about this verse. How is it this awesome event of another Father birthing in you another person takes place? It takes place by what you believe. How did you become a sinner? You became a sinner because your forefather believed what the Devil said. In the Garden of Eden, the progenitor of the human race had God’s Word available along with what Satan had said. Instead of believing God, he believed the Devil and thereby took on Satan’s nature so that every child he produced had Satan’s nature. That is why the Scripture says, “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble” (Job 14:1). In sin did our mothers conceive us. How did that happen? Because Satan planted the thought in Adam’s mind that if you eat of the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil you will be as your own god (Gen. 3:5). You would not need almighty God; you will be your own god. Sinners believe they are their own person and can do their own thing. That is from the old nature. Peter said because we believe the promises of God, we have become partakers of a new nature.

Notice what Peter said in both of the verses we have looked at. In 1 Peter 1:23 he says, “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God.” We are born again by the Word of God. We are not born again by a preacher, by baptism, by joining a church, by doing good works or by trying; we are born again by the Word of God. This all happens by believing. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved.” Look at what Peter says in 2 Peter 1:4: “Whereby are given to us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature.”

By God’s Word (the precious promises) you are a partaker of the divine nature. Another Father put His nature in you. That means the nature of God is in the seed, and the seed is the life, and the life is Christ, Christ in you. How did you get Christ in you? By believing what the Scripture said you became a partaker of the same nature of God. Do you know why people keep sinning and doing their own thing? They do not know who they are. No one has ever taught the birthing to them. They think they are getting better, or they are going to get better or will do right tomorrow, but that is false thinking.

When you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Father put His perfect Son in you. You may not live like it, talk like it, act like it, or believe it because you do not understand the birthing. Religion and Satan have been instrumental in confusing us. We have not been preaching the Word. We do not preach what God did! Multitudes of people waver back and forth between sin and righteousness because they do not know God’s righteousness is in them. Every time you open your mouth to say a vile word, if you knew the only life in you is Christ, what would happen in what you say? The problem is not sin but rather not really believing Christ has been birthed in you! You have no concept that God’s nature is in you. If you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, God put His seed in you. That is how simple it was when you were born again.

After Christ has been birthed in you, the Father will not depend on you at all; He will depend on His Son in you. As you walk on this earth, He will not depend on you acting righteous, He will depend on Christ in you, your hope of glory—that is the gospel. You have been lied to by religion and told that you need to be better, you need to put it all together, you need to get it under control, but that is a lie because you cannot do it. But the nature God put in you was God, the Son. You are partakers of His divine nature, and Christ can and will do what you cannot.

2008/4/23 16:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy