Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

And the Pulpits are Silent

[u]Edit by Poster:[/u] Article Deleted

2008/3/31 2:53

Re: And the Pulpits are Silent

Amen!!!
Are these people not playing church?
Are they not saying; we can't speak truth about this subject and stay out of politics; because of keeping peace; as devil's advocates; is much more important than speaking truth? Are they not saying; we must compromise with these who believe and support such evil and keep peace those who promote such people on the forums, and in the church and elsewhere them and only show them love with compromise and let them go to hell; while we remain silent and say we love them and stay at peace with them.
There is a greek word for this thinking: HOGWASH
moe_mac

2008/3/31 7:07

Hi Mr Julian,
good to see you. I know your heart for God so what i am about to say is not really against you personally. But why do i get the feeling that man with the arms cocked like that is saying all those things without tears?

2008/3/31 7:22

Re:

John 2:15-16
15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!"
(from New International Version)

1 Cor 5:3-5
4 When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.

Matt 5:17-20
17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 7:6-9
6 He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:
"'These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are but rules taught by men.'
8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
9 And he said to them:

[b]"You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions![/b]

The blood of Jesus is the only thing that will save us and it is the only thing that will cause us to hate the sin that we once embraced; even in our own life. He forgives us when we sin; when we ask; but if we don't hate the sin in our own life how could we ask for forgiveness and how can we resist it in the world; if we make friends with the devil and the world.

2008/3/31 8:40
psalm1

Julian wrote;

"Illegal aliens over-run our borders and the pulpits are silent."

I had a thought. What if revival broke out through these people?

David

2008/3/31 9:36Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

May we who in truth are Gods children not follow this silence....

Isa 40:3 A voice is calling, "Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness; Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God.

May our message to the world and its wicked ways be this one "REPENT!" and "BELIEVE"

Isa 1:3-4 "An ox knows its owner, And a donkey its master's manger, But Israel does not know, My people do not understand." Alas, sinful nation, People weighed down with iniquity, Offspring of evildoers, Sons who act corruptly! They have abandoned the LORD, They have despised the Holy One of Israel, They have turned away from Him.

This is where "christianity" is at large is in the world today.

2008/3/31 9:42Profile

Re:

http://www.thetruthproject.org:80/

2008/3/31 9:43

Same ole stuff, just a different day. Silenced another preacher making a post about silent preachers. If the revival did break out in illegal aliens, maybe they could teach some Americans and Canadians how to stand for truth; because there sure aren't many doing it now. I was looking for someone to stand in the gap and found none. Many preaching a social gospel like Obama's preacher; if it is any other gospel than Jesus Christ and the cross; which changes lives and ways of thinking from a lie to the truth; it is another gospel.
Check on yall in few months; God willing.

2008/3/31 10:44
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
Same ole stuff, just a different day. Silenced another preacher making a post about silent preachers. If the revival did break out in illegal aliens, maybe they could teach some Americans and Canadians how to stand for truth; because there sure aren't many doing it now. I was looking for someone to stand in the gap and found none. Many preaching a social gospel like Obama's preacher; if it is any other gospel than Jesus Christ and the cross; which changes lives and ways of thinking from a lie to the truth; it is another gospel.
Check on yall in few months; God willing.

No matter the nationality, i have noticed if you stand for truth, God and his word, obedience and holiness, death to self ect, ect.... you will be lonely. These things are not popular to the unregenerate people. But to the one who are his children and are born of the spirit they will love these things, because they love God. And by his grace i will not be one of the silent ones. There are times for silence, our Lord gave us the example. He also called people brood of vipers, in other words children of snakes...and we know who the snake is.

he spoke boldly on many occasions. Not for his own gain or protecting himself, but for truth, Gods house and those things that the father wanted him to speak.

Now we follow in his steps. And lead by the spirit and by his grace we can stand up boldly in a wicked and perverse generation and stand for God and his word.

Jesus is described as lamb, but also as a lion....

the problem for most is when we should be as lions we draw back as a lamb, when we need to be as a lamb and be silent before those who do us wrong we become fighting roaring lions.

i pondered this the other day, how many will be "cut off" from Gods covenant? how many are professing christians and yet have uncircumcised hearts?

how many did not obey God the same day he spoke?

may we have the obedience of Abraham and do what God said.

may we stand for truth in this generation, we might be the last.

Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised male child, who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."

Gen 17:23 So Abraham took Ishmael his son, all who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskins [b]that very same day[/b], as God had said to him.

oh that we would take God for his word! and believe him, how many "Ishmaels" have we produced by our silence and own efforts and compromise?

it is good things, applauded by men and churches and denominations, but not by God!

Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

woe unto you who are silent

2008/3/31 11:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy