· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Milton Green

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Milton Green

I was a long time follower of James Robison's ministry about 17 years ago and I remember him mentioning Milton Green. He told about how he prayed a prayer of deliverance over him and that he was set free from demonic oppression.

I forgot all about it until I saw his name on the right of the SI forum. I thought that couldn't be him but I guess it is. Mr. Robison said that Mr. Green was just a carpet cleaner when he prayed over him. He said that he was so proud at that time he didn't want a carpet cleaner praying over him because he was afraid somebody would overhear him. :-) It was funny when he explained how it all happened.

I will definately have to listen to some of his messages. I was so taken back by that whole story and it's amazing to think here you have all of these messages from that very same man and I never even recognized it till now. :-D I never even knew he became a preacher!

2008/3/27 18:37

Re: Milton Green

Psl.18....Same kind of testimony for me. A long time friend gave me sermon index's address and I searched Milton Greens site, and I think I've listened to them all....no kidding.....the best gospel preaching I have heard in respect to truth and fruit. This is what brought me to this site, and I am grateful. I've left many reviews
on Milton's tapes.

Let me know what you think, as your the first person i have met who goes here. Tom.

2008/3/28 3:47

Re:

Quote:

Brothertom wrote:
Psl.18....Same kind of testimony for me. A long time friend gave me sermon index's address and I searched Milton Greens site, and I think I've listened to them all....no kidding.....the best gospel preaching I have heard in respect to truth and fruit. This is what brought me to this site, and I am grateful. I've left many reviews
on Milton's tapes.

Let me know what you think, as your the first person i have met who goes here. Tom.

I just popped on here before work this morning and saw your post. :-) I plan on listening to them next week because I'm on vacation. Thanks Tom, I will let you know what I think. I'm sure they are good. I have heard alot of good things about this man.

2008/3/28 4:13
Shaggy

Texas

Re:

Brothertom, I have gone over the tapes on sermonindex too and have 6 VCR tapes that I got in the 80's from a meeting that Milt had in Dallas. I went to 3 of his meeting in Dallas about 1984 and God changed my life. This is a word to the body of Christ today,for such a time as this. It is a word of truth and fruit! It's a walk of Loving God and Loving you neighbor. That's a walk of Grace. God is giving us time to Repent. God Bless,Shaggy

2008/3/30 2:58Profile

Re:

Questions:

Does anyone know Milton Green's doctrinal views, etc,? Just on basics, like:

1. Calvinism/Arminianism
2. Gifts of the Spirit
3. Denominational background/affiliation (if any)
4. Etc, etc, etc.

What about affiliations? Who did he do ministry with? And does he have a website?

I would like to know these things before listening to his sermons so thought I'd ask. I can't seem to find his website. Thanks!

2008/3/30 3:52

Re: JOSEF URBAN....cnn: Milton Green...TRUE PROPHET BROTHER

Josef: I'll do good on the etc. and etc. part of your quest concerning Milton Green. Don't know a lot. He was saved at 43, out of insanity and depravity. He died at 58, in the 90s. He was in a witnessing "lay" ministry for a while, and gained acknowledgement as a gifted prayer minister, where somehow he met James Robison, who then did crusades as a Babtist evangelist in a worldwide way.

Somewhere along the line, he ministered to James Robison, in a deliverance setting. I have heard this testimony from James more than once, on television. James was so dramatically set free, that it changed his life in a profound fashion. He became Spirit filled, yet remained a Babtist. Milton Green was a carpet cleaner, making a living as an owner operator of Friendly Carpet Cleaners.

James took Milton with him to meetings, which launched Milton Green into a conference type ministry. It seems he came into a prophetic mantle and deliverance ministry in a wholesale way. His main thrust is that you are saved by being born again, yet unless you bear holy fruit, you are not His, so therefore turn back to obey the covenant. His thoughts are very clear and anointed, reminding me of John the Babtist coming to a Babtist convention.

His only fault that is glaring, in my view, are some of the liberties he takes with prophetic allegories or types, saying that this is that, mostly from the Prophets. You'll see, and they can get on your nerves a bit, but overall he is awesome, and I love the man. Wish he were here, the church needs a lion like Milt today.

I think he accepts the gifts, but doesn't necessarily practice them. To him , keeping covenant and bearing good fruit is the Gospel, and every thing else spreads out below. He is big on Satan projecting his thoughts and will on those who are not willing to deny our "carton", ie: the old Satanic nature we all carry. and how the church as a whole has been defiled by not understanding God's covenant through Jesus's sacrifice.

I believe if one could lay down any preconceptions, and maybe not jump on his radical style and thought trains too quickly as weird, they could receive a wealth of pearls from this dear brother, and I have never heard ANYONE QUOTE THE WORD PREACHING AS MUCH AS MILTON GREEN! ;It is a joy in the world of the motivational positive life style masquerading as the Gospel. enjoy....brothertom......ps; if you find another storage site like si, let me know.

2008/3/30 22:59

Re:

Quote:

Brothertom wrote:
on Milton's tapes.

He really seems to preach what he knows to be true and now I know why listening to his testimony [url=http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=fc23b59f18c1bc9802cc]here[/url] on God tube.

This must be at one of James Robison's bible conferences because I see Rick Godwin and Dudley Hall in this video.

2008/4/19 18:30

Re:

Finally I found all three parts. For some reason I had to use a different search engine but here it is on Sermon Index:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13576&commentView=itemComments]Part One[/url]

[url=http://sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13577&commentView=itemComments]Part Two[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13578&commentView=itemComments]Part Three[/url]

2008/4/19 20:36

Re:

Quote:

Psalm18 wrote:
Finally I found all three parts. For some reason I had to use a different search engine but here it is on Sermon Index:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13576&commentView=itemComments]Part One[/url]

[url=http://sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13577&commentView=itemComments]Part Two[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=13578&commentView=itemComments]Part Three[/url]

If you haven't listened to this please do I promise you will be blessed!

2008/4/20 22:15
btovensmom

Re:

Hello,
I have had first hand experience with Milt Green Ministries. I attended his conferences when I lived in Ft Worth in 1984. This man changed my life forever. When he was finished teaching that first night, I repented all over again,gave my whole heart to God, and I was transformed by the power of God. My life has never been the same. I have a lot of his teachings and in most recent days, the Lord seems to be renewing some things in me. If you are out there and you haven't made Jesus Lord of your life then I am here to tell you that you can and you will never be the same. This man who I only knew a short time, was used so powerfully by God that my move to Texas was worth it all. Milt was far ahead of his time, and it is only now that wee are beginning to hear about the Fear of the Lord. Thank you for letting me share with you what the Lord has done for me. I am truly transformed by the knowledge I obtained from this wonderful man of God. We are not here to criticize, nor to ostracize but we are here to embrace, empower and equip. God bless. Btovensmom

2008/6/26 13:41Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy