SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  the greatest evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
but i don't see anything i can do that could possibly affect the Supreme Court ruling, (and even if this ruling is someday overturned, abortion will still exist and be readily available.)

Bubba, this mindset indicates an apathetic attitude. Most people involved in the pro-life movement know it will take 'forever' to make abortions illegal so they are working otherwise to convince people to not do it. And they are succeeding - one baby at a time, one abortion clinic closing at a time. Do you know there are now fewer abortion providers in the USA then at any point in the last 30 years?

To suggest AB will still be available even if outlawed is a lame excuse, IMHO. If you take this reasoning to its logical conclusion, one should decriminalize all acts of violence because people will still do it!

The abortion issue is NOT just about killing fetus': it deals with the entire issue of what leads to 'making a baby'. It is a morals issue. "Experts" go into schools to teach children how to 'do it', leave knowing jolly well they played into children's curiosity and flair for experimentation and what is the result? Pregnancy. Oh, well, never mind: there is the school nurse who will help you go to a Planned Parenthood Clinic which will give you an abortion - just do not tell your parents. So, off to the clinic she goes and the taxpayer pays PP to kill this baby and in the process scar the girl. Physical intimacy has been demoted to the realm of animalistic drives like my cat, completely separated from the spiritual aspect God had infused in it. And who pays? The girls and by extension the boys - the fathers, and the fellows who may eventually marry a girl who has been victimized by this satanic philosophy. The girls will find herself being unable to bond with her husband once she marries and the husband cannot figure out what goes with this [now] crazy woman he is married to. It is no accident that rates for abuse and divorces have risen since roe v wade. Abortion is all part of a larger picture.

Yup, abortion hurts more people then the A-bomb ever did or will. The bomb kills bodies. Abortions kills souls AND bodies.

A pro-life worker must content himself/herself with few numbers, persistence in face of apathetic minds, little public acclaim for any greatness. And we all know if the churches had done their job well, there would be fewer abortions in the USA. Most clients who have ABs say they are religious.

Now go figure...and where is the outrage?

ginnyrose

2008/4/5 11:01Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re:

Hello,
I'm not sure just how this thread started with Nuclear threat and progressed to abortion. I apologize for not having read all your posts.
I've been involved in "pro-life" for over 25 years. I've seen some success, but none quite as profound as what I want to share with you now.
I'm originally from a large midsouth city. In that city at one time there were 5 abortion clinics. Yes there were protests. Yes there were sidewalk counselors. Yes there were vigilants. But then there were prayer warriors. There are now NO abortion clinics in this city. 4 of them closed because they could not find any doctors willing to perform abortions. The last one experienced a similar decline in business, until one night it mysteriously burned to the ground. No one suspected anti-abortion activists. The insurance company suspected the owners. Nothing, to my knowlege was ever proved, except that God answers the prayer of faith. God did what man could not do, without any signs, without any protests, without any change in laws, without any other interference. God simply removed the desire for blood money from the doctors hearts, and without them, you have no service to offer.

Back to the greatest threat. What has been mentioned so far are great threats, no doubt. But to me, the greatest threat in the world today is that of religion. You see, religion is based on the performance of religious in relation to God. Even among so called "protestants" today, there are few groups and denominations that are exempt from religion. Religion deceives its victums by thinking that if they do this and that, all is well between them and God. Biblical truth is that our "righteous" deeds are as filthy rags before God. There is only one thing that connects us with God, and that is faith, faith in the perfect, not the imperfect.

Millions crowd churches every Sunday, and perform their believed religious obligations that relieves their guilt in a carnal way, and then return to their old lifestyle thinking everything is cool between them and God. How tragic for these people, when they step into eternity and their hope is in their works, not in their faith in Jesus Christ and Him crucified. They help other men build kingdoms of their own instead of helping build the kingdom of God. They are just as much little popes as the man in the palace in Rome. They set themselves up as the authority of God, and demand that their subjects are subjected to them, rather than God. Oh yes, they are subtle. They have to be to decieve. Many of these "leaders" are very sincere, some even well intended. But they are teaching what they were taught by men and women who themselves were decieved. They look to mortal men in books and videos for answers. They are all hungry for God. But they are misled into a trap of grave consequence.

Bible readers are not exempt. They read their bibles faithfully and regularly. But then on Sunday, they are told what the bible says and what to believe by men and women who live by tradition. Jesus said that when the blind lead the blind, both fall in the ditch.

The only reliable teacher is the Holy Spirit. He alone is the One who leads and guides into all truth. Yet many have raised up mortal men as their teacher, and put more confidence in what they sit and hear in their itching ears, than what the Holy Spirit can reveal to those who read their bibles prayerfully and rely on the Holy One, the True Light, to lead, guide, and light their path and reveal God to their spirit.

The bible calls this religious outrage the great apostacy. Friends, it's not the falling away from church that makes one an apostate. Falling away from biblical christianity is the great apostacy. This, to me, is the greatest threat in the world today. Nuclear weapons can destroy the flesh, religion can lead you to hell, for all eternity. You can move into the wilderness, store up food, build bomb shelters, hoard water, or whatever. But you cannot build a shelter from death. Death is a certainty. How tragic for the religious to wake up in eternity and find out that all their works were in vain, that they believed a lie, carrying the book of books that they would not read for themselves, or would read to confirm mans opinion instead of seeking the true revelation of light.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

"O"

2008/4/5 11:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
God did what man could not do, without any signs, without any protests, without any change in laws, without any other interference. God simply removed the desire for blood money from the doctors hearts, and without them, you have no service to offer.

Awesome!

I have one question: what happened to the abortionists and the nurses that assisted them?

Quote:
How tragic for the religious to wake up in eternity and find out that all their works were in vain, that they believed a lie,

Jesus echoes these sentiments in Matthew 7:22, 23: Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS." NASB. I have many times tried to imagine, to visualize this happening and every time I am filled with horror.

Appreciate your post..

ginnyrose

2008/4/5 14:42Profile

Re:

Man, "O", I really liked your post here. I have written in my Bible, "Religion Kills", and that is a surety. Jesus calls the proselytes of the Pharisee's, twofold children of Hades, and in my experience, when this snake bites, it blinds and paralyzes, and few, so few, escape her clutches. The word, speaking of the murder of Jesus, states that if the powers of darkness and evil had known, that this would bring about their own annihilation, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory. It seems as though these Pharisees had the thoughts of the demon Princes playing them as mere puppets, and the Word attributes their actions DIRECTLY to the Satanic overview. Wow..Think of it.

Jesus called them sons of their father, the Devil, who was a murderer from the beginning. Religion kills. It removes the real relationship possible with the Father and replaces it with a sterile and deadly faith killer with them, the leaders, as the focus , and their doctrine.

This, of course, is a spirit, not a particular sect or specific heresy, it is a fortress of ideas and mandates enforced by a vast power of united devils. Jesus said that no kingdom could stand divided. Satan will not cast out Satan. They are united.

In Revelation, The Lord Jesus speaks twice directly about His feelings about this exact spirit. He called it the Nicolaitans, or RULERS AND KINGS OVER MY PEOPLE. It may have been translated this way, if James, king of England, did not need the hierarchy of the church of England at his behest to govern with a more absolute scepter, so we got the odd transliterated Greek; NICO-[LORDS] LAITAN[THOSE UNDER, OR BENEATH]. Jesus says,"I hate their deeds, and I hate their teaching."

I call the religious spirit "The breath of the Dragon." It steals away men's faith, and the grace to live in the Spirit of God. When man rules, God leaves.

I look at the Apostolic ministry doing three basic things, in direct opposition to this wicked fortress called religion, and thereby the ministry of all true Shepherds called to oversee the church of the living God.

[1] Shepherds FEED the church of God. [2] Shepherds PROTECT the church of God. [3] Shepherds MANIFEST THE ABSOLUTE LORDSHIP OF CHRIST JESUS IN ALL THE CHURCH IS AND DOES. I don't have time for scriptures tonight, but here is one for the last one. 2 COR: chap. 1, last verse, Not that we are Lords over your faith, but helpers of your joy, FOR BY YOUR FAITH, YOU ARE STANDING! This is the Apostolic heart. No control; burning love, to see each lamb stand whole and holy before their Lord on that day! Upgirding and serving to see those the Lord has entrusted to him walk in faith to overcome, and stand honored by God forever. That's a far cry from most of the aberration of so called ministry today.

Much more to say, but time doesn't permit. The Lord will have a holy witness, and I believe the first installment is arriving very soon!...Brother Tom

2008/4/6 1:04
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Dear Brother Tom

Thank you sir, and amen. One need only get close to the top eschelon of these so called mega churches to see the diabolical control and iron hand lordship over the saints. My bible says Jesus Christ is the head of the church.
This same reason is why they are so opposed to home churhces. They have little or no control over home churches.
Jesus told James and John not to "lord it over them, as the gentiles do". Well dear brother, there is so much scripture that is ignored like this passage, by modern day so called giants. And you are right, the Lord has written ICABOD over the door. The glory of the lord has departed. The people and the leaders they fuel millions too are so blind in their carnality that they simply cannot see He is missing. Lost as lost can be. It is very frightening. They are unteachable, hard hearted, with only one goal, anarchy. Self promotion and personal glory. That is not like my Savior. It is not like biblical teaching. It is the apostacy in full bloom, the blind leading the blind.
Thank you again for the kind words. God bless you real good as you go on with Him.
You mentioned apostles. Let me give you an illustraton and insight if I may. The other day I sliced open my thumb on my right hand. Yesterday I was doing a few dishes, and I had to avoid using my thumb. I managed to get through it, but it was very awkward, and my hand/fingers were not nearly as useful without the aid of the thumb. The apostle is like the thumb on my hand. It assists the teacher, the pastor, the evangelist, and the prophet and helps them to excel in their ministry of love and service. The popular apostate church has exhalted false prophets and wont' give the time of day to one's like you and our bible describe. I could go on and on here, but you know what I'm talking about. It is tragic, and millions have been lead astray into believing doctrine of devils that appeals to the flesh and relegates God into the servant of man, instead of the other way around.

God bless you who hunger and thirst for righteousness that can only be found by faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ our LORD and Savior.

"0"

2008/4/6 18:25Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: come out of her my people.

I praise the Lord for he is getting his assembly of people ready for his return. in Eph. 5:27 the Lord is preparing a church without spot wrinkle blemish. we in our zeal for the Lord can become bitter easily when we see the things we don't like in the church. here is a little comfort. they are not the church who disobey the word. no difference between another religion. so what do we do? focus in on Jesus and pray where can I fit in and be useful, and not be sidetracked in my mind of thinking of the negatives. we can pray for God to deliver them out of the fire Jude 1:23. we are busy now praying that God will bring us together with true saints. this will take faith and preparing ourselves as we wait that we be worthy for God to bring his beloved to be with us. God has to know they will be safe with us. Jesus is the good shepherd over his sheep. beleive me I know what demons are. I was assistant to the worship leader in our church, one sunday on the way to a church and saw a cadillac, big white and horns on front. I thought out loud that car reminds me of boss hogs the old tv show. the brother said to me when I got to church good morning boss hogs. I knew that wasn't the holy Spirit. but I still love him and pray for his deliverance. revival will have to include deliverance to stop the enemy from all kins of devision and phariseism. praise God-- he is in control and loves his own amen.

2008/4/11 14:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy