SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  the greatest evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Krispy,

thanks for your frank assessment. (just so you know, i don't follow mr. bono, or know much about his activism.)

what scares me is that people will go along with your thinking that it is just a matter of time before "things . . get worse" and nations resort to the use of nucs. this thinking is that nuclear war is inevitable and we cannot alter this future (because we perceive it within the end-times prophesy of the Bible.)

this is a kind of hopelessness that I cannot share or accept from anyone, Christian or not. this is because it is self-fulfilling. if you believe any activity opposing nuclear weapons and the interventionist foreign policy of our military is a waste of time, it will be so.

the important question is this: do we accept and live under such violent options as part of our daily lives? we can do this with defeated resignation or with righteous protest and nonconformity. Jesus told us to "render unto Cesear" what belongs to Cesear. So, i pay my taxes and try to be a good citizen. but "Cesear" doesn't own my life and we are all called upon to stand up for what we believe.

bub

2008/4/3 12:19

Re:

Let us remember that the birth of Nuclear weapons began in Nazi Germany, and if we did not defeat the Hitler-ites,[and covertly steal their technology and technocrats,[Oppenheimer, and others] they undoubtedly would have succeeded and the world would still be smoking under their cruel Satanic sting. Russia and China followed, and detente' [The insanity of "If you destroy us, we'll destroy you" ensued until present day.

The Red Chinese applaud your work, as does all of the enemies of America, in that they will never rescind their weapons; seeing them as their only and last hope to win for their lust for domination, and against American Imperialism.

If America destroyed their weapons today, we would be attacked tomorrow. This is a sad reality. We're in a game of freeze-out, barreling at 90 mph for a head on, and whoever blinks loses.

When gunpowder was invented, it set off a similar chain reaction among the nations, and when Dynamite was invented, all Hell broke loose, and multiple millions of soldier boys were blasted into oblivion, along with the plague of tyrants loosed upon the innocent masses that love peace.[IE: today. Iraq, Afghanistan, and about 30 other wars here and there].

Solomon developed Engines of War, as did Alexander, and the Romans took warlike dominion over the Western world with hi-tech war machines like no other before. So, the issue cannot be accomplished by destroying the weaponry. History proves that because evil exists, so do evil men, and they will not compromise with goodness and peace. They are driven to dominate. They are driven to act upon a desire to usurp themselves over another.

The most evil thing and event in History is when Satan said in his heart, "I will ascend to the sides of the North, I will raise MY throne Above the stars of God, I will sit on the mount[pinnacle] of assembly, above the heights, "I WILL MAKE MYSELF LIKE THE MOST HIGH!". This is the spirit of murder, this is the root of all death, destruction, disease, and the ultimate annihilation of all mankind.

Nuclear weapons are a grain of salt in a 55 gallon drum, compared to this one. This is the creation of death itself. This is original sin.

Jesus said of Satan, "He is a murderer from the beginning" Out of this heart, out of this rebellion birthed the black heart of all men, as it spread to the first man, and woman. It is our natural identity. It is our self.

We became original sin, by birth right. We inherited the nature of Satan himself, through Adam, simply by being born.

It was the most costly error in history, and without doubt , the most wicked. Would it disappear if each and every nuke vanished today? Would we still fear another monster would arise to subdue and use us? Of course , and the end of war will come when Satan is thrown headlong into a lake of burning fire, where he will be tormented forever and ever, and with him, all who reject the ANSWER, the Blood of the God man, Jesus.

Since the beginning, there has been the Answer. The city of God, promised. Enoch knew of it, as did Abraham[who sought a city made by God]. Jesus called it The Kingdom of God. Ultimately it will be focused into a massive dwelling place the Lord calls New Jerusalem, that will forever be free from all war, and the evil hunters who create it. Rev:22. Bad stuff is outside, along with the bad.

Jesus said, "Remember my Death, until I come." Commensurately, to erase the greatest Evil ever to plague mankind, The greatest price, ever to grace mankind was paid. The death of God himself, in the body of a man.[COLLOSIANS 1 VS,13-22.]

Not to alarm, but I believe as the word says, there will be something that destroys one third of all mankind. I also believe that this is allowed and released by God himself, as the flood was, in Noah's day. I also believe that America will not be spared, but contraire', it will be added some suffering, for our rebellion was smack in the face of the word of God, and multiple holy men over 300 years. [In God We trusted] Judgement begins at the house of God. We've became a prostitute of epic reputation, selling our faith furiously to become the home of every foul bird.

I won't elaborate on 60 million babies offered to Molech, the grandiose thefts that have soaked into all manner of commerce, the sensual fornicating spirit that defiles us and our young ones, that would cause Sodom to blush, the widespread promotion of drug use, both legal and illegal, and outright in your face witchcraft and new age sorcery.{SEE OPRAH'S NEW CHURCH for an eye opener, you tube.]

Yes, America suffering Nuclear attack. I think 2 for 1. We will see 100 million burnt in the end, on our soil. 2 for every baby murdered.

The answer is Faith. Those who will survive "the greatest evil on the Earth today", will do so as it has always been, from the beginning. The just[ified]shall live by faith. What does this mean?

The Lord has never forsaken ANY who have put their trust in Him. Never." EVEN THOUGH HE SLAY ME, YET WILL I TRUST IN HIM."[JOB]

"Who are these, where did they come from?"..."you know"......[a multitude so great in number that no man could count them.]

"These are the ones who came out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." REV:7VS.14

Then the Word describes the City of God. The answer to the greatest Evil ever. Faith is the vehicle to get us over, to believe and know that he cannot lie, and He is worth serving no matter what, and as Job, "Even though He slay me , YET WILL I WORSHIP HIM."

2008/4/3 13:01

Re:

Quote:
this is a kind of hopelessness that I cannot share or accept from anyone, Christian or not. this is because it is self-fulfilling. if you believe any activity opposing nuclear weapons and the interventionist foreign policy of our military is a waste of time, it will be so.

Hopelessness? Are you kidding me? What I am talking about is the greatest source of hope known to man... the hope of redemption!

I look toward heaven for my hope and encouragement. You'll never find it here. Mother Teresa did more than probably any other human being to help relieve the suffering of the poor, and try and bring peace to the world. What a noble and honorable thing that was. But when her personal journals and writings were released after her death it revealed a woman who had no inner peace... why? Because her hope was in her good works, and in a false religion.

I never said we should never do anything to bring peace into people's lives, and try to alleviate suffering. We should, but the Bible plainly shows us that things will wax worse. But thats not fatalism... it's realism. It's not hopelessness... it's hope! Hope that as we see things worsen look up... for our redemption draweth nigh!

Krispy

2008/4/3 13:19

Re:

K-man,

do you ever have a bad day and say to yourself, tomorrow will be a better one? when a father sends his son or daughter off to college, do they reflect that it may be a waste of their time because the End Times are a commin'??

all humans hold out hope for their lives, in the here and now, in the moment God has created. we aspire to be better musicians, better husbands and wives, better employees, better athletes, etc.

we should not be waiting for paradise to commence. it will come in due time, but in the meantime we have Christian responsibilities to other people and to the Creation. my point in the thread is that getting rid of such abominations as nuclear weapons is one of our Christian responsibilities here on earth. because it is an expression of love for our fellow man. those untold millions unsaved will not be saved by the world war and destruction that you say is inevitable. no, they will be lost. i am advocating that we show our Christian Love for all of them and lessen the dangers here on earth. would that they live long enough to be able to come to the Faith.

bub

2008/4/3 14:08

Re:

Like I said, Bub, I never said we shouldnt do all we can to make this a better place... you're over generalizing my words. But we also, as believers in God's inerrant and perfect Word, have to realize that HE says it will get worse... and it will.

And that is why we should keep our hearts fixed on the future glory, which will have nothing to do with this wicked and perverse world system.

Krispy

2008/4/3 15:58
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
i asked before, but didn't hear back. what kind of tomatoes are you pruning in the middle of winter??

Before I read further, I will answer this question. We grow Trust and Quest, greenhouse varieties. They have been developed to grow under low light conditions. Garden varieties do not do well during the short months of the year. Having said this, these tomatoes respond very well to natural light as we are seeing now. Not only do they love natural light, they love its intensity which results in increased production. The plants will grow half an inch a day. Before they set fruit it is like one inch a day! Now you know why we are busy!

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/4/3 21:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I'm no fan of McCain either. I'm no fan of 95% of the politicians out there, regardless of their party affiliation. I'm about as frustrated as I have ever been with our "choices" for President. I wouldn't give you a plug nickle for any of them.

Krispy, you actually might change your mind about McCain if you listen to his speech "I Detest War". He says the same thing you just did on this thread...:-o

Actually, I share your sentiment about these presidential candidates...to vote in this election would be like ..oh, never mind, it is not very non-resistant! :-? Reckon I am a tad bit afraid I may end up voting for the one that will facilitate the coming of the anti-Christ. I am almost 61 YO and never in my life have I felt so much uncertainty, unease about a presidential election as this one and my earliest memory of a presidential election goes back to the '50s when the contest was between Adlai Stevenson and Ike Eisenhower. Back then popular opinion was that what disqualified Stevenson was that he was involved in a divorce/remarriage situation!

Yes, this election scares me a whole lot more then the A-bomb.

ginnyrose

2008/4/3 22:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
my point in the thread is that getting rid of such abominations as nuclear weapons is one of our Christian responsibilities here on earth. because it is an expression of love for our fellow man.

Son, I am going to nag and beg you again, make a pest of me; if you want to crusade against unmitigated evil, why do you not channel your energies into fighting abortion? You agree it is evil, but this killing goes on every day. I think the stats say there are 3700 babies aborted every day in the USA; in one month there are 100,516 babies aborted.

Bubba, methinks thee should educate thyself more on this issue. Hast thou seen the video "Massacre of Innocence"? It is now on DVD. I just purchased one on eBay...

{{sigh}}

ginnyrose

2008/4/3 22:24Profile

Re:

Quote:
Krispy, you actually might change your mind about McCain if you listen to his speech "I Detest War". He says the same thing you just did on this thread...

I'm w/ McCain on defense. But there is a lot about him that I dont like. I dont think he has a clue what to do about the economy, and on social issues he is a rank and file liberal.

And I couldnt be further away from the other two yahoo's as I am right now. I may write in Mickey Mouse this election.

But we all agree when we come to this forum not to discuss politics, so I will simply say ... I remember Ronald Reagan, and McCain aint no Ronald Reagan.

Wish he was, but he aint. And neither is our current President.

Krispy

2008/4/4 7:28

Re:

Son? Ginnyrose, you aren't so old as to possibly be my parent. (no offense taken)

i am "educated" about the abortion issue. hate it. but we all have to pick our battles, so to speak. Abortion is not manufactured with billions of taxpayer dollars, stored in silos and threatening the entire world with destruction. It is a great evil, but i don't see anything i can do that could possibly affect the Supreme Court ruling, (and even if this ruling is someday overturned, abortion will still exist and be readily available.)

the folks for whom this issue is most important will likely have to settle for increasingly tighter restrictions on abortion, lessening its occurance. but, perhaps a very good team of lawyers could get standing in court for a fetus, which is the real issue. a fetus has no standing in court and is not recognized as having rights. overturn this, and the whole issue will fall away. the concern is not "womens rights", it is the rights of the fetus that will turn the tables, if recognized. until that time their isn't much to do. protest won't work on this issue, but activist protest will work on the nuclear weapons issue in the long run.

bub

ps. thanks for the tip on the maters, ma. :-)

2008/4/4 15:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy