SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Old man and the flash

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
vasilef

ROMANIA

Old man and the flash

I'm not sure I understand correctly these terms: are the old man and the flash the same thing?

2008/3/25 8:08Profile
repentcanada

Re: Old man and the flash

Vasilef, I believe they are the same biblically.

2008/3/25 8:23Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

Ok, because I've met both these terms and I thought they have different meanings.
Eg. The old man was crucified with Christ and we must crucify daily our flash.
Are there other synonyms of these terms or do you know where to get more information about it?

2008/3/25 8:42Profile

Brother, this was discussed recently [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22547&forum=36]here[/url] - 'The Old man and Flesh...Different?'

Another thread called 'Understanding Mortification' is [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12137&forum=34]here[/url].

I think it's important when trying to understand the difference, to remember that sin is spiritual first of all; it is the spiritual direction 'flesh' will take instinctively, until a believer accepts to be crucified with Christ.

The conscious opposition we give to the instinct of the flesh towards sin, (for instance, attempting to keep rules for ourselves), does not [i]change[/i] the underlying direction the flesh wants to take.

When we are ready to accept the death of Christ on all points on our own (individual) behalf, we begin to find the power of His resurrection in us, works in several ways: sometimes it [i]gives[/i] us the victory, sometimes it gives us power to [i]resist[/i], sometimes it removes an old hunger we seemed powerless to [i]stop feeding[/i], and thus the sin seems to disappear by itself.... (I'm sure there are many more effects of the victory of Jesus on the cross!)

'Flesh' is what 'sin' harnesses to do its work. Thus, when the flesh has been freed from sin, it is free to serve righteousness, as Romans 6 explains.

2008/3/25 8:43
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

thank you.

2008/3/25 9:07Profile

in the 1970s there was a fad called "streaking"

it meant to put a mask on (or not) and running naked through town.

by now those who did this are old and can't run anymore, so it is called "flashing" now ;-)

bub

2008/3/25 10:49

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy