SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Lisbon Treaty spells the end of a sovereign Britain

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 The Lisbon Treaty spells the end of a sovereign Britain

[b]The Lisbon Treaty spells the end of a sovereign Britain[/b]

You might want to take that vacation in England just as soon as you can – before its 1,000-year run as a sovereign nation comes to an end.

This winter, 27 nations of the European Union (EU) signed the Treaty of Lisbon. You may think, "Innocuous enough," as Portuguese-inspired visions of the Tagus River and chicken piri-piri swirl before your eyes.

But for England (Britain, actually) the Treaty of Lisbon isn't that appetizing. That's because, if ratified, it will become the decisive act in this creation of a federal European superstate with its capital in Brussels. Britain would become a province and its "Mother of Parliaments," a regional assembly. And that's no small humiliation for a country that gave the world English and saved Western civilization in the Battle of Britain in 1940.
The Eurocrat elite in Brussels might not admit it, but the Treaty of Lisbon is essentially a constitution ...

read more: http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0324/p09s01-coop.htm

2008/3/24 16:16Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: The Lisbon Treaty spells the end of a sovereign Britain

Neat.

Come Lord Jesus come.

2008/3/24 16:34Profile

Re:

There are those in America who wish the same for us. Can anyone say "Book of Revelation"??

Krispy

2008/3/24 16:47
Compton

Re:

What a shame. Europe seems to have some kind of battered person syndrome towards dictatorships.

"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

Whatever.

MC

2008/3/24 17:31Profile

Re:

Greg, thanks for finding this. There is the kind of apathy over here which says.... [i]if we are having a referrendum, I'll bother to read the Treaty, but if we aren't, why should I waste my time?'[/i]

Truly, our education system has been reduced to non-competitive discussion about tolerance, inclusiveness and personal choices. God's word, or any concept of a [i]standard[/i] has been banished by humanism and existentialism. Futility rules; UK.

Krispy said

Quote:
There are those in America who wish the same for us.

My understanding is that you've already got it, brother. That is, your sovereignty has been compromised by the treaty creating the North American Union, back in the 80s, and more recently, the Constitutional amendments signed by President Bush.

You might like to use the 'Find on this page' in the Edit menu, to search for the word 'sovereignty' in the page linked below. Also, for 'supranational' 'elite' and 'erode piece by piece' might interest you.

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=21259&forum=35&start=100&viewmode=flat&order=0]p11 The Emerging Merger[/url]

This is particularly troubling:

[i]"What Boutros-Ghali proposes is closer than anyone on the planet should ever want to get to a transnational military force that could override and eventually abolish national sovereignty altogether and in the process set up the United Nations itself as the power apparatus of an unelected global elite."[/i] Samuel Francis, Human Events, August 22, 1992.

2008/3/24 17:34
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

[quoteThe Lisbon Treaty spells the end of a sovereign Britain

You might want to take that vacation in England just as soon as you can – before its 1,000-year run as a sovereign nation comes to an end.

This winter, 27 nations of the European Union (EU) signed the Treaty of Lisbon. You may think, "Innocuous enough," as Portuguese-inspired visions of the Tagus River and chicken piri-piri swirl before your eyes.

But for England (Britain, actually) the Treaty of Lisbon isn't that appetizing. That's because, if ratified, it will become the decisive act in this creation of a federal European superstate with its capital in Brussels. Britain would become a province and its "Mother of Parliaments," a regional assembly. And that's no small humiliation for a country that gave the world English and saved Western civilization in the Battle of Britain in 1940.
The Eurocrat elite in Brussels might not admit it, but the Treaty of Lisbon is essentially a constitution ...]t

This is sad!!

Quote:
Futility rules; UK.

Stupidity Rules the Uk because of our sin
I am trying to find the verse where it says strangers will rule over you!
It is sad :-( :-(

2008/3/24 19:31Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Psalm 106

39 Thus were they defiled with their own works, and went a whoring with their own inventions.

40 Therefore was the wrath of the LORD kindled against his people, insomuch that he abhorred his own inheritance.

41 And he gave them into the hand of the heathen; and they that hated them ruled over them.

42 Their enemies also oppressed them, and they were brought into subjection under their hand.

2008/3/25 0:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy