Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dear Institutional American Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Dear Institutional American Christianity

Reply to jimdied2sin
When I felt real peace for the first time I returned to a local congregation and became confused and so I left. I don’t think I’ll ever fully recover in this life what I lost in that year but I know this;

Jesus is our everything
The Lord has laid upon Jesus the iniquity of us all.
All that enter the Sheepfold by any means other than the grace of God are thieves and robbers.
Thieves and robbers are every where stealing the glory of God.
If we claim any part in our’s or anyone else’s salvation we too are a thief and a robber.
We are not saved by doing, we are saved by the grace of God.
We are not saved by not doing, we are saved by the grace of God.
Jesus is The Door and we must enter by The Door provided by The Grace of God.
The wrong way is to following the thieves and robbers that preach another way other than Christ.
The right way is by way of the Holy Ghost that knocks and The Door opens.
Jesus is our salvation, Jesus is our life, Jesus is our righteousness, Jesus is our Sanctification, Jesus is the Door.

2008/3/24 17:54Profile
dohzman

Re:

Quote:
If we claim any part in our’s or anyone else’s salvation we too are a thief and a robber.

Could you explain this statement? What is the grace of God? What do you mean by doing?
Quote:

explain how you entered that door provided by grace?
Quote:
Jesus is our salvation, Jesus is our life, Jesus is our righteousness, Jesus is our Sanctification, Jesus is the Door.

Could you put skin and bones into this statement for us so it doesn't just sound pretty, but it has real meaning, the kind of meaning an unsaved 8th grader could understand.

2008/3/24 21:31Profile
HeartSong

Re: Dear Institutional American Christianity

Where He leads me, I will follow . . .

2008/3/25 0:49Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eddie wrote-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could you explain this statement? What is the grace of God? What do you mean by doing?

God gives the increase. We harvest other mens crops.

2 Corinthians 9
10. Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
11. Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God

Eddie

2008/3/25 8:32Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Quote:

Eddie-The Grace of God is His love for us demonstrated by the His unwillingness to destroy our tabernacle because it is weak in the flesh, but provided man a better tabernacle, the body of Christ Jesus. Holy and acceptable to God as our spiritual abode. Separated from the birth of water and born again. ..

With child like belief, I know my Heavenly Father is completely Holy and He has provided a sure way that I am acceptable into His presents, a way through the Body of Christ unto the Mercy Seat.

explain how you entered that door provided by grace?
Quote:

I was called, given a new heart filled with the Spirit of God and declared to be clean by God and given eternal life.. I am being sanctified and when I die to the flesh I will be glorified into the spiritual likeness of Christ Jesus. All I have was a free gift of God made possible by the grace of God.

Could you put skin and bones into this statement for us so it doesn't just sound pretty, but it has real meaning, the kind of meaning an unsaved 8th grader could understand.

Reply- No I can’t, but our Preacher can, The Holy Ghost can if you have been baptized in His Consuming Fire, He will reveal His Son in you..

Matthew 11 25. At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

2008/3/25 8:39Profile

Re:

Rowdy... thats probably one of the best responses (and Biblical responses) I've seen on this forum the entire time I've been here.

Well done.

Krispy

2008/3/25 10:30
dohzman

Re:

I appreciate your answers to my questions, but what I hope to see and don't is real hearts. God humbled himself by reaching into a pit of hell I was in and saved me even when I didn't merit it. That's the grace of God, He has worked with me to change everything about me, the way I think, the things I do, where I go and what I do, He's changed my desires and helps me in all my weaknesses and short comings. In seeing His reflection I become more like Him, in hearing His voice I'm brought to valeys of decision, in reading His word I'm instructed for this life and prepared for the Life to come. His perfections shine through my inperfections, keeping me humble before God alone. I am His child and I am intimately aquainted with this present reality, although it's not something I dare hold to with a wrong motive, I am His by decree, by precept, by doctrine, by pronouncement, and by experiencing Him in this life. My name is on His lips daily, is in His heart, and written on the palm of His hand, recorded in His book of Life, my tears are in His book of remberence and my name is spoken of in heavenly places. Now don't think for a moment I am self centered because He calls all His sons and daughters to daily die and follow Him. I lose my identity but not my personality, I yield over my will to His only to find true purpose in this life, His burdens become mine and like the pen in the hands of a skillful writer He uses my life to fill in pages to be read by all thoughs around. I find that true wisdom that comes from the Father is easily understood by ALL who will listen, saved or unsaved, and that keeps me humble, knowing that I am no better than anyone else but realizing that I have been given such an awesome gift I must share it and will forever be thankful for having been given this gift.

2008/3/25 22:56Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

REPLY TO dohzman

Reply -Eddie Glad to testify of God’s grace. Only God can see the contents of the heart. Put your hope in God not us men. We all need to become socially refined, but that is not salvation. A new creature has a new beginning and is not a reformed heathen in a seven step, self help program of steps to recovery. We are required to die to self, not become stronger.

Eddie

2008/3/26 8:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy