Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Spiritual Drunkeness Sermon

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Spiritual Drunkeness Sermon

Quote:
Spiritual drunkenness is REAL, Beloved; when you observe entire crowds of church members staggering around the altar and slurring their speech, etc, etc, then don’t you think for one moment that it’s all being faked! God is telling us in no uncertain terms that those who are “drunk in the Spirit” really ARE “drunk in the Spirit!”
Possibly some would say spiritual drunkenness is “fake”, that somehow the people are “making it all up”; that view is totally incorrect according to the above verse which states that they “ARE DRUNKEN.”

I'm a bit confused by this, It seems to me to be a bit of a stretch to link up this verse in Isaiah with what it going on in some churches today. It seems that in context, the Isaiah passage is talking about a moral and spiritual stupor that a backslidden people had fallen into as a result of their error in doctrine and practices. They were like drunk men who blindly feel like everything is just wonderful when they are actually in great danger.

Please forgive me, I'm no Bible scholar or spiritual giant, but to take this verse as a validation for some form of experience of the fullness of the Holy Spirit just doesn't seem to make sense to me, it's to take it completely out of its context.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/6/18 0:05Profile

Todd

If one looks at the contextual interpretation with proper Biblical Hermanutics, as InTheLight did as well as Todd.... then you will come to the same conclusion as these, and as mine. (and maybe MORE! Amen!)

You are both correct.

However:

Read the passage once more Brethren.

They HAD fallen into immoral degenracy and judgment fell as God had prescribed in 9-11, which is a clear inference of spiritual drunkeness....

"They are drunken, but NOT with wine.They stagger, but NOT with strong drink."

Now go to the other Scriptures in the article I had written therein, namely the passage in Jeremish; it follows.

Tood, you asked HOW the Lord gave me this sermon?

I simply asked Him to reveal His Word to me on the issue, spent two years studying it by His Grace and He led me in this direction; it certainly wan't a two day study, Beloved.

Also, you are correct; we all make mistakes, and I certainly do not claim Apostolic inspiration in any way! :)

If you will read the writings of ACTS Discernment Minister Pastor Bill Randles (Weighed and found wanting; The Toronto Blessing) you will see that the Spirit of God also gave HIM the same interpretation, as well as Joseph Chambers of Paw Creek Ministries.

These are men of God as well as Wilkerson etc etc, and the Lord's Word does not change; what He shows one He will show to all, as the Scripures are of no private interpretaion.

These men have credible ministries and are above reproach.

You are one I don't know, Todd, and thus I cannot align myself with your own interpreattion on this issue; I feel safe knowing that what God gave to me He also gave to His Servants across the USA, whom I have spoken with on a few occassions.

May God Bless you richly Brother.

Daniel

2004/6/18 9:32

Re: Todd

Final Note On Spiritual Drunkeness Article:

I wanted only to say that i posted this sermon for the simple reason of allowing others to read it; not to debate it or answer to it (not that it doesn't deserve prodding and probing, but that wasn't my intention).

I posted it here for the BENEFIT of the Body and not for a DEBATE with some in the Body.

Therefore, I must say that I literally have no time to answer every question concerning the article; please refer to the Word for any and all questions.

GBU

Daniel

2004/6/18 9:56
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
Read the passage once more Brethren. They HAD fallen into immoral degenracy and judgment fell as God had prescribed in 9-11, which is a clear inference of spiritual drunkeness.... "They are drunken, but NOT with wine.They stagger, but NOT with strong drink." Now go to the other Scriptures in the article I had written therein, namely the passage in Jeremish; it follows.

After re-reading your sermon I think I had misunderstood your meaning at the first reading, I apologize.

I understand your point now, there is indeed a spiritual drunkenness among the church today, to our complete shame.

Lord how long?

In Christ,

Ron

2004/6/18 10:15Profile

Re: Amen! InTheLight

Yes, InTheLight; I was actually expositing AGAINST the manifestation. :)

And I pray WITH you "Lord, how long?"

Pastor D

2004/6/18 10:32
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Daniel,

Did you come arcoss either of these sermons in your study?

[url=http://www.repent.org/articles/wine.html]Wine for Gospel Wantons[/url]

or

[url=http://www.intl-awaken.com/booklist.htm#Spiritual%20Drunkenness]Spiritual Drunkenness Pamphlet[/url] by Richard Owen Roberts

Here is part of Mr. Roberts' sermon on spiritual drunkenness. [url=http://www.christian-bookshop.co.uk/free/glory/rob2c.htm]Sermon Link[/url]

2004/6/18 10:44Profile

Re: Matthew

I have not come across those two sermons, however, I will now go and read them...... I suspect you have asked that because possibly the sermons are similar to mine?

I shall see and get back to you!

GBU Matthew!

Daniel

2004/6/18 13:01

Re:

Matt, I have read bother sermons and enjoyed them very much.I have never previously read them nor heard of them before your link....

Thank you so much dear brother for those two very very good sermons!

Daniel

2004/6/19 22:02
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re:

Wonderful!

Try this one. It is not a specific teaching on spiritual drunkenness, but it does make mention. Plus the teaching is more than significant.

[url=http://www.heraldofhiscoming.com/Past%20Issues/2003/January/where_judgment_must_begin.htm]Where Judgement Must Begin[/url]

This is also from Richard Owen Roberts.

2004/6/21 11:37Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy