SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The School of Christ-BH Clendennen MUST READ For Believers

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
kathleen1

Re: Goldsboro NC

Have you heard Sister Beth Kirby of the School of Pentecost preach? She is there where this School in Goldsboro, NC will be taught that you mentioned. I just listened to her preach "Pressing Fruit Part 1" and I think anyone who says they are a Christian and expects to make the rapture should listen to this. It is powerful. 56 minutes long but worth it.

[url=http://www.actsamerica.org/audio/mp3_download.html]Pressing Fruit Part 1[/url]

2008/12/4 11:27Profile
Terrim

Goldsboro, NC

Re:

Okay, I am so sorry I still do not know how to get around this site.

The school of Christ will in fact start February 9th.

Until then, several young people of my church have put together different sermons from Pastor Clendennen and scriptures and quotes. I believe they are playing the demo of what's to come now. Which is what the church gave us to watch.

Ms. Beth is my pastors wife and you are in fact right. Before I moved here, for one year a friend that was already there that also moved to NC from PA sent me the CD's of the preachings. The church where I joined when I got born again started going off with Carismania and Prosperity. Nevertheless, the first message I heard was from Ms. Beth, it pure knocked the socks off me, I said my God "I'm backslid". I wasn't in any outward sin and still in the church but the fire and the depth and the life that makes the church found me then wanting.

I say this not to life her up but to say, that my pastor and his wife are in fact among the few who live what they preach and are not caught up with preaching any thing other what they feel God has laid on their hearts.

I think they are now streaming the messages on line during our services, but you may be in service yourself. Anywho, if you need a password all you have to do is call the church and ask for one (from what I understand). Jonathan, would be the brother to speak to about all the website stuff. The church's number if needed is: 1-919-735-8094 he's at extension 22.

Well dear, I hope this info. is useful to you. Forgive the repetition, I have so wanted to get this to you that I tried to send you an email just today.

God Bless you!

Your sister,
Theresa

2008/12/8 11:40Profile
DKHagans

Re: women preachers

I am always amazed at how so many Christians change the Word of God to fit their theology rather than to change their theology to fit The Word of God.

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
1Co 14:34  Let your women keep silence in the churches:for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 14:35  And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1Co 14:36  What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
1Co 14:37  If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1Ti 2:9  In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10  But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1Ti 2:11  Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13  For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15  Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

1Ti 3:1  This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
1Ti 3:2  A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
1Ti 3:3  Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
1Ti 3:4  One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
1Ti 3:5  (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
1Ti 3:6  Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 
1Ti 3:7  Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
1Ti 3:8  Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
1Ti 3:9  Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
1Ti 3:10  And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
1Ti 3:11  Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
1Ti 3:12  Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
1Ti 3:13  For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Tit 1:4  To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
Tit 1:5  For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
Tit 1:6  If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
Tit 1:7  For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
Tit 1:8  But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
Tit 1:9  Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Tit 1:10  For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

Those are Holy Ghost inspired scriptures, where do you get the authority to change God's word to suit yourselves?

The same Holy Ghost that inspired those scriptures to be written is still the same today, God has not changed.

1Sa 15:23  For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king. 

all who reject God's Word are in rebellion to His Word, and rebels are not going to Heaven.

2019/4/28 23:40Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

I asked to be removed from this forum, and have not yet been.

D K Hagans, why are you lambasting these women? They heard another woman preach. What is wrong with that? The first people to preach that Jesus rose from the dead were the WOMEN who came from the empty tomb to speak to the eleven apostles.

Obviously I agree with the Word about the woman (singular) not teaching over or usurping authority over the man (singular), but this sounds like husband and wife, especially when the apostle Paul brings it back to Adam (who willfully sinned) and Eve (who was deceived, being the weaker vessel).

How about these verses in Acts 21:8,9:

"And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy."

Now how in YOUR theology could they prophesy if they had to keep silent?

Did Phoebe the deaconess (Romans 16:1,2) use sign language and never speak in church?

Aha!

History tells us that men and women sat apart in the synagogues and early church, hence the instruction for wives to ask their husbands questions at home, rather than shouting across the room.

Again, I have no desire to post here anymore. This place is a time-wasting civil war, a cyber-costume party where people hide behind screen names (my full name & web address used to be on my profile; I removed them several days ago).

Message boards are very 'old school' and I know many people who, back in the late '90s, attest to them becoming addictive like a narcotic, a mental trap.

Again, look at the massive backlog of messages on this forum---so many hours, days, and years being wasted in unprofitable talk, endless strife and debates. This is not salt and light, but division. What a shame.

Once again, remove me from this board, Greg.

2019/4/30 7:14Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Philip’s daughters were seated in Christ Jesus in the heavenly places at the right hand of God the Father, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion. Here in the heavenly places in Christ, all the Adams and Eves have been crucified and there are no longer male and female, but all are one in Christ Jesus and Christ lives in all and Christ is ALL in ALL. (Eph. 1:20,21; 2:6; Gal. 3:28; Gal, 2:20; Col. 3:11)

It is only in carnal and apostate churches in worldly places where Christ is not all in all, where the “old man” is not crucified with Christ, and Adams and Eves still abound, that restrictions are needed.

No further comment.

2019/4/30 10:11Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Addition to my previous post:

PAUL’S LETTER TO THE CHURCH AT CORINTH (1 CORINTHIANS)

The Corinthian church was a “fleshly” or “carnal” (KJV) church and Paul could not speak to them as to spiritual men.

1 Cor. 3:1-3 (NASB) –
And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual men, but as to men of flesh, as to infants in Christ. I gave you milk to drink, not solid food; for you were not yet able to receive it. Indeed, even now you are not yet able, for you are still fleshly.

1 Cor. 2:14 (NASB) –
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.

To a “fleshly” church, Paul had to give instructions suitable for “fleshly” men.

PAUL’S LETTERS TO TIMOTHY

Paul wrote his letters to Timothy circa A.D. 63 (1 Timothy) and 67 A.D. (2 Timothy).

Timothy was pastoring the church at Ephesus at that time.

The Ephesian church had had the precious knowledge of the glorious church in resurrection power seated in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus at the right hand of God the Father, far above all rule and power and authority and dominion (Eph. 1:20-21, 2:6).

But 5 years before he wrote his letter to Timothy, Paul had warned elders in the Ephesian church that wolves would enter the church to draw disciples after them with perverse teaching.

Acts 20:28-30 (NASB) –
Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.

The wolves had appeared. And Timothy was instructed by Paul to stay at Ephesus to save the situation.

1 Tim. 1:3-4 –
As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines,

1 Tim. 1:18-20 –
This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight, keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith. Among these are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan, so that they will be taught not to blaspheme.

There were men going away from the truth and upsetting the faith of some (2 Tim. 2:18).

There were men who were “lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power” (2 Tim. 3:2-5).

There were women who had already turned aside to follow Satan (1 Tim. 5:15).

It was to such a church that Paul’s corrective instructions to Timothy were written.

The church at Ephesus would quickly lose her first love (Rev. 2:4).

Other things would quickly take the preeminent place in their hearts and their lives.

Christ Himself would no longer be known and loved and desired above all else.

As David loved the Lord:

Ps. 18:1-3 –
And he said, "I love You, O LORD, my strength."
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised,
And I am saved from my enemies.

Ps. 44:8 –
In God we have boasted all day long,
And we will give thanks to Your name forever. Selah.

PAUL’S LETTER TO TITUS

Paul wrote his letter to Titus circa A.D. 65.

Titus was pastoring the church at Crete.

Cretans were known to be “liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons”.

Titus 1:12 (NIV) –
One of Crete's own prophets has said it: "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons."

And the Cretans in the church were living up to this deplorable reputation and Paul was instructing Titus to rebuke them so that they may be sound in their faith.

Titus 1:13 –
This testimony is true. For this reason reprove them severely so that they may be sound in the faith,

Titus 1:10 –
For there are many rebellious men, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, WHO MUST BE SILENCED because they are upsetting whole families, teaching things they should not teach for the sake of sordid gain.

Titus 1:16 –
They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

Titus 3:8 –
This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.

It was to such a church that Paul’s corrective instructions to Titus were given. The whole church, including the leadership, needed to be made right.

COMMENT

If your church assembly is fleshly like that at Corinth or corrupted like that at Ephesus and Crete, where Satan still walks within and still has the power to deceive, then, yes, Paul’s instructions to the Corinthians, to Timothy and to Titus are applicable.

But we are in Christ. The new creation has come. The old has gone. The new is here! (2 Cor. 5:17)
We are sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
We have been baptized into Christ and clothed ourselves with Christ.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for we are all one in Christ Jesus (Gal. 3:27-28).
We are in Christ and Christ is in us (John 14:20, 17:22-26).
We are seated in the heavenly places in Christ FAR ABOVE ALL RULE AND POWER AND AUTHORITY AND DOMINION.
By God’s doing we are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, (1 Cor. 1:30).
The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set us free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:2).

Proverbs 29:18 (CSB) –
Without revelation people run wild

Hosea 4:6 --
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

2 Cor. 3:18 –
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Jude 24-25 –
Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

2019/5/4 23:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy