SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : No sea in the new earth?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

No sea in the new earth?

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea." (Rev 21:1)

I wonder if that means that when the first heaven and first earth passed away that the present sea passed away also, or, while looking at the new heaven and new earth, he saw no sea in the new creation?

5/6 of the present earth is water. I've sometimes wondered why the Lord made so much ocean to dwarf the amount of land. LOL, I've not lost my sanity but would the new earth be able to hold all the company of those ever redeemed unless there was more land to do so?

I see no more mention of the sea or ocean from Rev 21:1 onward. But:

1 - "And he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,"

2 - "in the middle of the street. And on either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." (Rev 22:1-2)

Most probably some symbolism there but in the midst of the description of the new earth and heaven and the new Jerusalem there is no sea mentioned. I wonder?

Heck, I caught a mess of grouper in the sea not long ago and it was fun. I wonder. And I'm just musing along on a windy Wed afternoon.

:-)

2008/3/19 17:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy