SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Baptize me in your Fire Lord, that I may light the world.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Baptize me in your Fire Lord, that I may light the world.

"Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun." (Ecclesiastes 11:7)

"The true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world." (John 1:9)

"So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light." (Romans 13:12)

Armor protects us from attack. Light is not a weapon, but light is that which propels the attacks of the wicked one. We can be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might and we can exercise the word of God and we can do all these things but if we are not wrapped in the armor of light then we walk unprotected and we will ultimately prove to be of no use if we are not covered by the armor of light.

The essence of who we are as Christians is to be found in the difference between darkness and light. That is why it is so important that we do not render darkness for darkness because of course that produces only more darkness.

Isn't it interesting that Jesus would say that it was not what man puts into him that defiles , but that it is what came out of him that was defiling. As I was praying this night I caught a vision of tall trees. It began to occur to me that trees soak up the carbon dioxide that we as humans breathe out, and in turn the trees turned this poison into life giving oxygen.

The Body of Christ is the trees of the world. We take upon us the offenses of the world, the hatred , the bitterness , the false accusation and we do this all in our every day lives whether it is with coworkers or family and friends or even brothers and sisters in Christ. We are called to this brothers and sisters.

Do you have the grace and the faith but most especially the love to be able to fulfill your role? Are you cloaked in an armor of light? Jesus is the light, are you covered by Him? Are you dealing with difficult people right now? Have you been hurt and offended? Breathe deeply brothers and sisters, yes take it in and breathe out life giving love in response.

You have been supernaturally created to be able to take this poison, take this toxicity and expel love and light in its place. It is our calling. When we stand before the Lord , I am fully convinced that this will be our offering to Him. For where is the reward on this earth to take the insult?

Where is the pat on the back for returning love for evil? There will be no recognition, no standing ovation, but the Lord will see and what He will see is pure gold.

Into the darkness of this world we shall bring our light, for we are the light bearers. The love of Jesus our Lord, the love of God the Father, poured out upon us who deserved nothing is a monumental thing. In the light of this love we have been called to love the world. Surely we love our families, our friends, yet we are called to love the unlovable.

Dear Lord Jesus, we call forth your love into our hearts that we may love where it is not humanly possible. Where hurt and pain and rejection has bruised our hearts, heal us with your balm of Gilead. You have called us to comfort those with the love we ourselves have been comforted with.

You were hurt Lord Jesus, your pain is beyond even the imagination of man and your heart was beaten and bruised and torn and finally broken as you cried out to the Father "My God, My God why has thou forsaken me?" At that moment, as the Father turned his face away, the Fathers heart was rent, and with this renting, the Holy of Holies was made manifest to men and hope was born into mankind as death and hell was overcome.

Give us the strength Lord, to share our own brokenness with a world that is full of pain and hurt and rejection. For you have taken our pain, and you have replaced it with joy, deep down in our souls. You have taken our hurts and you have poured out your healing grace and mercy. You have taken our rejection and you have embraced us as your own children.

Thank you Jesus, for plucking me from the gutters of life. Thank you Jesus for giving my life meaning and replacing hopelessness with a hope that makes my spirit soar in the updrafts of your presence. In this presence, I need not even flap my wings, just spread them wide and be lifted higher and higher into the Holy of Holy's. Let this ascent Lord, not lift me out of this world, but let it carry me to the world . For you so loved this world that you gave your only Son , that whosoever would believest on Him would not perish.

When the world looks at us, may they see you Lord Jesus. If the world hurt you then it will certainly hurt us. If the world rejected you then it will certainly reject us, yet, your word echoes down through the ages, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." Let this be the love that you pour into our hearts, for it is this love that the enemy has no answer for. Consume our hearts with an all consuming love that knows no bounds, for you are boundless my Lord.In the precious name of Jesus Christ our Lord...................amen.

2008/3/19 1:09
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Baptize me in your Fire Lord, that I may light the world.

"He makes His ministers a flame of fire. Am I
ignitable?? God deliver me from the dead
asbestos of {other things}. Saturate me with
the oil of the Spirit, so I may be aflame.
But flame is transient, often short-lived.
Canst thou bear this, my soul--short life??
In me there dwells the Spirit of the great
short--lived! Keep me ablaze. Lord, with
the passion that drove You to the cross!!"

JIM ELLIOT :-P

2008/3/19 18:04Profile

Re:

May we all be minsters on fire for Him.....Frank

http://scottishwarriors.wordpress.com

2008/3/19 23:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy