SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Court Asked to Reconsider Homeschooling Ruling

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Court Asked to Reconsider Homeschooling Ruling

[b]Court Asked to Reconsider Homeschooling Ruling[/b]

A conservative legal group is asking the California court to reconsider its recent decision that made most homeschooling a crime in the state.
An attorney allied with the Alliance Defense Fund, a Christian legal group, filed the petition for a rehearing with the California Court of Appeal Friday, saying that parents have a right to make educational choices for their children.

The Second District Court of Appeals in Los Angeles had ruled on Feb. 28 that parents must have a teaching credential to homeschool their children. Otherwise, children ages 6 to 18 must attend public or private school full-time until graduation from high school.

In the written opinion, Justice H. Walter Croskey said that parents do not have a constitutional right to homeschool their children. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com

2008/3/17 13:34Profile
Compton

Re: Court Asked to Reconsider Homeschooling Ruling

Quote:
...said that parents do not have a constitutional right to homeschool their children

California really is the left coast. :-o They need to adopt, as their state anthem, Shostakovitch's 12th Symphony "To the Memory of Lenin."

MC

2008/3/17 15:42Profile
BeYeDoers

Bloomington, IN

Re:

Quote:
parents do not have a constitutional right to homeschool their children

But they do have a right to murder their unborn...God help us!

2008/3/17 16:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
parents do not have a constitutional right to homeschool their children

This judge is actually correct. The Constitution does not give parents the right to homeschool. It also does not give us the right to freedom of speech, or freedom of religion, of freedom to keep and bear arms...

The Constitution does not GIVE us any rights at all. It PROTECTS those rights. The founding fathers stated in the Declaration of Independence and in the Constitution that those rights COME FROM GOD.

The Constitution is there to PROTECT the rights given to us by God.

But this judge, and many other ignorant souls in this country are smart enough to figure that out. The public schools dont teach that truth anymore... which is one of the many reasons we homeschool! So we can teach our kids the truth about things, instead of the lies the kids eat from the government "pig trough".

Krispy

2008/3/17 16:19

Isn't this a political discussion?

2008/3/17 16:56

Re:

Quote:
Isn't this a political discussion?

It's no more a political discussion than it would be if we were talking about the government telling preachers what they can and can not preach on.

Krispy

2008/3/17 17:16
Compton

Re:

The issue of raising children isn't really political at it's core. Our families are made into political subjects only because some politicians presume too much. We are not infringing into politics, but the fine state of California is infringing into parenting.

MC

2008/3/17 17:24Profile

Quote:
but the fine state of California is infringing into parenting.

Brother, you do have a way with words...

:-)

2008/3/17 19:47
ccchhhrrriiisss

Quote:

[b]Court Asked to Reconsider Homeschooling Ruling[/b]

A conservative legal group is asking the California court to reconsider its recent decision that made most homeschooling a crime in the state.
An attorney allied with the Alliance Defense Fund, a Christian legal group, filed the petition for a rehearing with the California Court of Appeal Friday, saying that parents have a right to make educational choices for their children.

Good news. My wife and I are praying about this issue.

:-)

2008/3/17 21:28Profile

Re:

Between the Alliance Defense Fund [i]and[/i] the Home School Legal Defense Association, I am pretty confident that this will go in favor of the California home schoolers. Maybe not this family in question, because apparently there is some validity to the charges against them (tho I dont claim to know the details), but for home schoolers in general.

I dont know much about the Alliance Defense Fund, but my wife and I are members of the Home School Legal Defense Association... and believe me, HSLDA is like have a pit bull on a very old and frayed leash. If you home school, you [b]need[/b] to join HSLDA.

Krispy

2008/3/18 7:36

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy