SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 16th March, 2008 - don't miss this word from Carter Conlon

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re: 16th March, 2008 - don't miss this word from Carter Conlon

"The true Christian life is found in looking outside of oneself - to other people." - Carter Conlon

"For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." - Romans 11:36 (KJV)

We can't have the "of Him" without the "to Him".

2008/3/17 14:09Profile

Re: 16th March, 2008 - don't miss this word from Carter Conlon

"Paul knew that what the Corinthian church was embracing was an impurity and this impurity was going to keep this people away from the testimony that God wanted to establish in them, for their generation, and even down to ours.

Prov 24:11, 12

Here's what the Lord says: if you forbear to deliver those drawn to death, if you draw back, if you knew, or at least remotely considered what the calling of Christ is on your life - as a follower of Jesus Christ - and you look at it but you say 'No I don't want this. I want the cross for what the cross will give me but I don't want the cross for what Christ requires me to give back to others. I don't want to go this second mile as it is', the writer of Proverbs says 'If you forbear to deliver those that are drawn to death, and those that are ready to die'; if you say 'We didn't know it'; a lot of people will choose just choose to live in darkness rather than to be confronted by the truth of God thinking that one day I'll stand before the throne of God and say 'Well I didn't know it. If I'd known I would have gone.'

But folks you know and I know and I believe that every man and womane who's sat with a Bible in their hands is without excuse before the throne of God. 'Shall He not render to every man according to his works.'

Remember Moses said 'If you don't go and fight for your brother; if you just sit here and build your own house and concern yourself with your own needs; if you don't go in, and fight for your brother, [u]be sure your sin with find you out[/u]. Be sure' Moses says 'there will be a cost for this, to you'.

Now one of the ways that this sin - now this sin I'm talking about is the seeking of self; it's to the exclusion and sometimes the almost total indifference to the struggle of others.

What kind of a cost will this bring to the professing Church of Jesus Christ?

What will we have to deal with? ....

.... it will open the door to corrupt leadership"

2008/3/24 16:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy