Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Maybe time is on his side

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Maybe time is on his side

Maybe time is on his side as their tune goes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Satisfaction with the Bible?

He's toured the globe with Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones, starred as the father of Captain Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," and made headlines for over four decades with his bad boy antics. Now we're learning that Keith Richards is also a seeker of truth.

MonstersAndCritics.com is reporting that The Rolling Stones' guitarist admits he frequently studies the Christian holy book, but thinks it is boring.

"I read the Bible sometimes but it bores me to death. I just want to know what other people find so bloody fascinating. Why are they all hung up on all that, 'In the beginning' stuff? Ah, well. At least life is stable. It has said the same thing since I was a kid."

Richards, 64, has lived the rock and roll lifestyle since the 1960s when The Rolling Stones became world famous. His excessive use of drugs and alcohol led to five arrests for drug-related offences. He finally sought treatment for heroin addiction in the 1970s -- a move that most likely saved his life.

* It might come after an attitude adjustment from the Lord but maybe one day he'll be reading and the Lord will help him get it right. The Lord desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.

:-)

2008/3/14 11:15Profile

Re: Maybe time is on his side

Trying to read the Bible without the aid of the Holy Spirit is like trying to read War And Peace in the dark.

Keith is trying read and understand the Bible without God... and it is impossible.

Maybe some day...

Krispy

2008/3/14 11:54
docs

Re: I couldn't agree more

Much money and much leisure time and much fame can work against a person sensing their true need. That's obvious. Someone out there somewhere must have him on their prayer list though I hope.

2008/3/14 14:00Profile

Re:

Quote:
Someone out there somewhere must have him on their prayer list though I hope.

The Lord is pretty faithful to bring a lot of my former heroes to mind during my prayer time, actually. People like AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Skynyrd, Bon Jovi, Van Halen/David Lee Roth, Ted Nugent, Dio, Guns'n Roses... I've a lot of time in prayer for all those guys.

Krispy

2008/3/14 14:50

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy