SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : The Heart Warming News of Gov. Spitzer's Resignation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

The Heart Warming News of Gov. Spitzer's Resignation

Here is a piece of news you likely did not hear from secular sources....it is like Paul Harvey would say: "Now for the rest of the story.."

ginnyrose

BRONX, Ny., March 12 /Christian Newswire/ -- The following statement regarding Governor Spitzer's resignation is issued by Chris Slattery, NY State Pro-Life Leader:

"The great news of the resignation of America's most pro-abortion Governor warms my heart because this man has had nothing but contempt for women whom he has treated as objects for years, as a John, and as a militant advocate of ill advised unsafe abortion expansion, at the expense of women, in New York State," said Chris Slattery of Expectant Mother Care- EMC FrontLine Pregnancy Centers in New York City.

As a leading operator EMC FrontLine Pregnancy Centers in New York City with a dozen locations of women's help centers, Slattery defended against what he called "an unwarranted and intrusive investigative attack and witch hunt of life-saving help centers for women" by former Attorney General Eliot Spitzer in early 2002.

After a bruising back and forth six week campaign against 24 different crisis pregnancy center sites that year, AG Spitzer was forced to withdraw his politically motivated subpenas.

According to Slattery, "Governor Spitzer has most recently proposed a new legislative bill in Albany called the "Reproductive Health and Privacy Protection Act" that declares that women have a "fundamental right" to abortion in New York State, including in the third trimester without restriction, which would allow non-physician abortions, and force religious hospitals including Catholic ones to actually perform abortions." "No health safeguards for women were included in the legislation," Slattery claimed.

"Although we cannot gloat for the personal failures of this man, and we pray for his sad family, anytime a major abortion leader in this country falls to his or her own vices it offers that person and our country a time of deep reflection on the true meaning and purpose of life," Slattery added.

Christian Newswire

2008/3/13 8:37Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: The Heart Warming News of Gov. Spitzer's Resignation

"Heart warming" ? "Great news"?

Quote:
"Although we cannot gloat for the personal failures of this man, and we pray for his sad family, anytime a major abortion leader in this country falls to his or her own vices it offers that person and our country a time of deep reflection on the true meaning and purpose of life," Slattery added.

And what was the former but gloating? There is a duplicity here that I fall to grasp. The whole of it is grevious. It is the wreckage of sin ... but ... heart warming?

2008/3/13 9:24Profile

Re:

I'm a little perplexed as well, altho it should be noted that we're not talking about a Christian leader who fell... like so many we could name. This man, Spitzer, is anything but a man of God... and it's a good example to all folks who claim the church is full of hypocrates... so is the world.

I hate the damage that his sin is causing his family, especially his wife and kids. It's unfortunate that they are the ones who will suffer most.

But I can also see God's hand in this too. Not just that maybe Spitzer's spiritual eyes will be open, but also that if this man's resignation reverses NY's extreme abortion stance, and innocent lives are preserved... then we can say that God intervened on behalf of those innocent lives thru the utter failings and hypocrisy of Spitzer.

But should we dance in the streets? I dont think celebration is in order... at least not at his expense. God will deal with him accordingly. Thats not our place.

Krispy

2008/3/13 11:59
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

This is a secular news story with implications of prostitution and illegal money wiring. From what I understand, the plea was set that if he stepped down from his gubernatorial position, the charges would be dismissed.

Brethren, please let us set our eyes on things on heaven rather than the earth. These sensational, gripping stories can be readily indulged on secular news stations and world news webcasts. But do they really have a place here, among the brethren? Do they really warrant a thread in this forum? I agree with Mike - it can almost seem like gloating they way we discuss these things.

Yes, sin is rampant, the world is the world, politics are politics, the flesh is the flesh.

Quote:
There is a duplicity here that I fall to grasp.

I'm not grasping it either. Dear brethen, every sensational, worldy news event doesn't have to be immediately posted on SermonIndex. We should hold ourselves to - as we are held by God - to a higher standard. Things like this shouldn't capture our minds and arrest our attention like they do.

It is only the world.

Brother Paul

2008/3/13 12:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

As I see this news item, it is informing us that God is not mocked. Those of us who have worked in the pro-life ministry often feel a sense of defeat because of the lack of conscience against the brutal murder committed against the most defenseless of humans, babies. Preachers will not speak out against it, rather they will either look the other way or excuse it. Politicians whose job is to protect the rights of all citizens, do not.

We pro-life workers cry "How long, LORD, will you allow this to continue?" This is life, right where the battles are fought;not some philosophical discussion occurring in the comfort of some office.

I am sorry if you all cannot understand the struggle pro-life workers endure in the fight to save children. Not only did we fight to save babies, we also fought in the spiritual arena to get people to repent from ALL sin, not just fornication or adultery. It is part of a whole.

I am so sorry you all cannot sense the horror of abortion...perhaps if you were to do some research it would help you understand the horror of it, you might think differently?.

It might also be of interest to you that pro-life workers rejoiced greatly when Dr. Bernard Nathanson repented of his work in legalizing abortion. As we did of Carol Everette.

We also rejoice when an abortion clinic closes.

Your reaction to this news item is a slam to all who have worked to help women save their babies and minister to their spiritual needs.

ginnyrose

2008/3/13 19:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

But does it warm your heart?

That is what struck me, rejoicing over ... evil it seemed. There is a grand 'of course' to all this that I didn't think would need to be added.

Remember when Saddam Hussein was hanged and there was a similar sentiment expressed? Not sorrow over the sin that took the man with it but a rejoicing that he was dead.

It is a horror, all of this. I apologize, never meant to convey anything otherwise. Would have been better left unsaid.

2008/3/13 22:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
We also rejoice when an abortion clinic closes.

Thats totally different. Spitzer has devasted and embarrassed his wife and daughters, and I find it hard to feel warm hearted about that.

And the legislature makes the laws, not the governer... NY has a long ways to go before it becomes "fetus friendly".

Krispy

2008/3/14 8:14

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy