SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Puritan Evangelism -Al Martin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
lazarus

Connecticut

Puritan Evangelism -Al Martin

Recently I listened to Al Martins "puritan evangelism" and was deeply moved and encouraged.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4124

I realized how foriegn the typical evangelism of today truly is to not only historic christianity, but sadly also the bible.

I was particularly interested in this teaching because I remember being taught in public schooling as a child that the Puritans were like a strange cult. If you know about them then you know that's not true. David Wilkerson said that he devoured some of the Puritans books and absolutely loved them.

Anyways I just wanted to share this teaching with you guys and completely encourage you to check it out. Let me know your thoughts.

jesse

2004/6/15 14:30Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re: Puritan Evangelism -Al Martin

wow. you know it was only a few days I ago when I came across puritan evangelism and then I was only the 8th person to download it. Now it has 38 downloads. Thats exciting.

2004/6/15 16:30Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

wow Jesse now this sermon has been downlaoded 170 times! I came across this post and downloaded it myself. I just listened to it and there is a goldmine of great stuff in this sermon. The part that I can not get out of my mind is when he talks about the time he was catechising his child, and his child said, off the top of my head. You cant tell me Dad when my heart is regenerated but the Holy Spirit will. Right Dad? Wow. I do not know how i came across this post, but i did and I thank God that I did.

2004/9/26 3:14Profile

Re:

Yes I really thought that was a great sermon. I haven't listened to it for awhile and plan on listening to it again soon. THeres alot to get out of it.

2004/9/26 10:12
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

Here is a quote from this sermon

"They shut men up to God, till He told them. May I share something that has been one of the most precious experiences I have had as a father. I was catechizing my son one evening and we got to the question again.
What is a change of heart called?
He said, Regeneration.
Who can change a sinner’s heart?
And he answered, the Holy Spirit alone.
He said Daddy, He said I want to go out and get me a new heart.
I said, that’s good son.
He said, Daddy if I pray to God will He give me one?
When on the next question. How can you obtain the help of the Holy Spirit? God has told us we must pray to Him.
He said, Daddy I am asking God to give me a new heart. And he said, Daddy if I keep asking God will do it wont He?
I said, yes son He’s promised. If you ask you will receive. If you seek you will find.
And he said, Daddy you can’t tell me when He’s done it, but He will tell me wont He?
I’ll tell you dear ones that all I would do to keep from breaking down and weeping. I said, Oh God whether he is just parenting something I told him or whether you sent a little glimmer of light I do not know. But what he said is more sound bible theology than is expressed in hundreds of evangelistic methods of our day."

Wow this is the only sermon of Al Martin on SI.
Al Martin has a really good one on sermonaudio.com called "Warning to Professing Christians"

2004/10/3 5:04Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Re:

"Nobodies perfect. This is the hypocrites couch. This is the believer's bed of thorns."
-Al Martin
from the sermon "Warning to the Professing Christians"

2004/10/3 5:37Profile

Re:

"To the extent that the puritans captured biblical principles of evangelism and then worked them out in the flesh and blood of actual experience in the context of their generation. To that extent we are obligated to discover those same biblical principles and embody them in the flesh and blood of the 20th century ministry." - Al Martin, Puritan Evangelism

2004/10/9 16:01

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy