SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : THE "ROMANCING JESUS" MOVEMENT

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Ruach34

Beijing

THE "ROMANCING JESUS" MOVEMENT

Don't know if this has been covered here...but it is worth a look. Andrew Strom has an article posted here in his website.

http://www.revivalschool.com/lover.html

I am reminded of two things, I will post these two things and then submit to await feedback.

1) We are not to look at and study all the counterfeits in religion to dismantle their arguments. Rather we should look at the One, who is the truth, the life and the way. While walking in Him we will know the false when it comes.

2) Richard Wurmbrand says this: "The language of love and the language of seduction are the same. The one who wishes a girl for a wife and the one who wishes her for only a night both say the words, “I love you.” Jesus has told us to discern between the language of seduction and the language of love, and to know the wolves clad in sheepskin from the real sheep." Tortured For Christ

What thinkest thou:

2008/3/10 11:39Profile

Re: THE "ROMANCING JESUS" MOVEMENT

Rauch34,

I haven't read the link yet, but give 100% agreement in your two statements.

You know, when bank tellers are trained to know the real from the counterfeit, they don't study the counterfeit at all, only the real money, handling it over and over, then when the counterfeit comes along...that have many various forms..it's spotted immediately.

Katy

2008/3/10 12:03

John 10:12
But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

I think the man who wants the girl for his wife, will protect her, and preserve her, that he might present to himself a chaste bride.

He is not indecently hasty, but thoroughly prepares the way, in the light, neither working in darkness nor secrecy.

The problem with false doctrine being introduced to large groups, is that the few with the discernment are very outnumbered, and it is hard for them to find the others who also have the same insight. We could say that everyone should know, because they are reading their Bibles, but in practice, false doctrine flourishes because people are [i]not[/i] finding their doctrine from the Book.

2008/3/10 12:04

Re:

We should examine the fruit and by that fruit we can know them.

Matthew 7:15-20
15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Jesus is basically saying here to me if you go to pick some grapes from a so called minister of the gosple and while picking those grapes you are constantly getting pricked stay away.

Im not talking about an occasional offense because we can all be guilty of that but I am speaking of something that is more consistant and ongoing.

The Pharasees are the example here. Hypocrisy is what Jesus is referring to. Constantly saying one thing but doing another.

2008/3/10 12:28
PreachParsly

Arkansas

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=10097&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Jesus as "Lover"??[/url] is a thread that the article is discussed in.

2008/3/10 12:33Profile

Re:

Yea, I think this is called "Bridal" theology, or something like that. I remember discussing it before on here.

Once again, this is a theology that seems to take certain passages of scripture, and then go completely to the extreme creating a theology that is completely out of balance.

Krispy

2008/3/10 13:05
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

There is an Old English word "winsome". It
refers to the means and ways a suitor will
employ to try to woo the One he has set His
heart upon. The Holy Spirit is "winsome,"
for He has set His heart upon us and will
express and reveal the deep, great, and
true love the Lord has for us!!

2008/3/10 13:34Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

OK. This topic has been covered by about 12 pages of comments, so as not to over-do what has already been done, I will go there to look at what was said.

furthermore, this topic was posted pretty hastily and a search was not done prior to its posting. forgive me (I have done it again)

I do like what Dorcas says about the 'few.'
In fact, those that rush into false teachings are often the loudest at disseminating its ideas.
Many in my church go to things or read books I would not and then earnestly tell me I should do the same. Hmmmhmmm.

Anyway, this post is beating the proverbial horse...

2008/3/10 13:37Profile

Brother Rauch, I'm Glad you brought this back up. That other thread is two years old and we need to look into this.
What I have noticed since, on my local Christian radio since that time is what I call "sensuous" music sung to "Jesus".
I don't know all the "Artists" names - but the songs they are singing "to HIM" - could easily be sung to a girlfriend or boyfriend. But I've noticed the females "Artists" singing [i]to[/i] Him, but with breathy, mushy, and other sounds between the lyrics. I don't really feel very comfortable with some of these female artists and see the "lover" (in the wrong sense) in their style of singing and the words.
It's been a concern, but now you've given place to inspect what modern music (or whatever else) we hear this misconception in.
A lot has happened in two years Brother. Just looking at where threads on the emergent have had to be 'added to' in just two years.
It's all moving very quickly now.

"The Shift" is coming - that is definite.

2008/3/10 14:25

Re:

Quote:
Anyway, this post is beating the proverbial horse...

Oh... thats what we do best around here! It tenderizes the meat of the horse so that the steaks are nice and juicy.

Just dont tell PETA!

:-P

Krispy

2008/3/10 14:44

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy