SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great English Preachers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Great English Preachers

As Greg was preparing to invite from the UK good english preachers, it was actually hard to think of any.
We have had people like Charles Spurgeon, John Welsey, William Booth, John Owen, Leonard Ravenhill and so many others and some quite recent.

Who have we got today! I know we do have some.
What has happened in the UK!
I want someone to prove me wrong on this statement that we do have preachers in the elk of David Wilkerson and such like!

2008/3/10 11:05Profile

Re: Great English Preachers

Hi Dom,

I think it depends what you mean by 'great' English preachers. Not everyone who is led of the Spirit in their 'preaching' would be considered 'great' - except by those who really want to hear from God.

My years in housechurches introduced me to many excellent speakers, but, they are not nationally known, because they are outside the denominations.

Also, I would not want anyone from the branch of the charismatic movement which makes a person stand up to be prayed for, so that they can fall to the ground. I don't see this method in the New Testament. The people that fell down on both occasions, were the soldiers and the rabble. People who sought God were [i]raised up![/i]

2008/3/10 12:24

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy