Why A Saved Person Can NEVER Be Lost
Timothy S. Morton
1.ETERNAL LIFE IS ETERNAL! John 3:15, John 10:28, Rom. 6:23, 1John 2:25, 1John 5:11, 1John 5:13, etc.; By definition eternal means never ending. Once a believer has eternal life it can never be taken away. If it could be it would not be eternal!
2. EVERLASTING LIFE IS EVERLASTING! Dan. 12:2; John 3:16, John 3:36, John 5:24, John 6:40, John 6:47; Rom. 6:22; etc.; Likewise, everlasting life can never end. It is everlasting regardless of the believers behavior.
3. IT IS GODS WILL! John 6:39; It is Gods will that Christ loose none of those who come to Him.
4. HEAVEN IS RESERVED FOR HIM! 1Pet. 1:4; An inheritance in heaven is reserved for the believer.
5. SALVATION (INHERITANCE) IS INCORRUPTIBLE! 1Pet. 1:4; No one can corrupt something God has made incorruptible.
6. SALVATION (INHERITANCE) CANNOT BE DEFILED! 1Pet. 1:4; No one can defile something which God says cannot be defiled.
7. HE IS SEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT! Eph. 1:13; No power in Heaven or earth can break Gods seal.
8. HE IS SEALED UNTO THE DAY OF REDEMPTION! Eph. 4:30; The believer is sealed until the day God redeems his body.
9. HOLY SPIRIT WILL ABIDE FOREVER! John 14:16-17; The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is permanent.
10. HE IS PRESERVED FOREVER! Psa. 37:28; God preserves the saint forever.
11. HE IS BORN OF GOD! John 1:12-13 The believer actually becomes Gods child and cannot be unborn.
12. HE IS A NEW CREATURE! 2Cor. 5:17; God has made the believer a new creature and no one can uncreate him.
13. HE IS CREATED IN CHRIST JESUS! Eph. 2:10; The saint was created in his Saviour.
14. HE IS PRESERVED UNTO THE HEAVENLY KINGDOM! 2Tim. 4:18; The believer is preserved like Paul since God is no respecter of persons.
15. HE IS KEPT BY THE POWER OF GOD! 1Pet. 1:5; Since God is keeping him, the believer cannot fall from salvation.
16. CHRIST HAS PRAYED FOR HIM! John 17:11; Jesus prayed that God would keep all who He had given Him.
17. WORKS CANNOT AFFECT HIS SALVATION! Rom. 11:6; Salvation is not gained by works, so it cannot be lost by works.
18. HIS FAITH IS COUNTED FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS! Rom. 4:5; It is faith which brings salvation to a believer.
19. NOTHING CAN SEPARATE HIM FROM THE LOVE OF CHRIST! Rom. 8:38-39; Nothing material, immaterial, past, present, or future can separate a believer from Christs love.
20. SALVATION IS OF THE LORD! Jonah 2:9; Salvation is all Gods work. He bought it and provided it.
21. GOD IS ABLE TO KEEP HIM! 2Tim. 1:12; The believers salvation rests on Gods omnipotent ability to keep him.
22. HE IS PROMISED NOT TO COME INTO CONDEMNATION! John 5:24; This promise would be broken if even one believer fell into eternal condemnation.
23. HE IS PROMISED TO NEVER PERISH! John 10:27-28; Every saint has an unconditional promise to never perish.
24. HE WILL NEVER BE CAST OUT! John 6:37; Under no condition will any believer be cast out from Christ or Heaven.
25. ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO HIM! Rom. 8:28; It would not be good for one to lose his salvation.
26.HE IS IN CHRISTS HAND! John 10:28; The believer is in his Saviours hand.
27. HE IS IN THE FATHERS HAND! John 10:29-30; The saint is in his heavenly Fathers hand.
28. HE IS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, A SHEEP! John 10:27-28; A sheep represents a saved person and cannot change from being one.
29. GODS MERCY NEVER ENDS! Titus 3:5; The believer is saved by Gods mercy and it endures forever (Psalm 136).
30. GOD CANNOT LIE! Titus 1:2; Once God has saved a believer, he cannot go back on His word.
31. HIS SINS ARE GONE FOREVER! Psa. 103:12; Micah 7:19; Isa. 38:17, Isa. 44:22; Heb. 10:17; The saints sins are gone.
32. HE SHALL BE LIKE CHRIST! 1John 3:2; It is a certainty that the believer will be like Christ.
33. GOD SEES HIM AS ALREADY GLORIFIED! Rom. 8:30; The saint is as good as glorified in Gods sight.
34. HE IS BORN OF INCORRUPTIBLE SEED! 1Pet. 1:23; The Christians new birth was from incorruptible seed.
35. HE WILL APPEAR WITH CHRIST IN GLORY! Col. 3:4; The saint is promised to appear with Christ when He returns.
36. HE IS HIDDEN IN CHRIST! Col. 3:3; The believer is dead to the world and alive in Christ.
37.HE IS DEAD TO AND FREED FROM SIN! Rom. 6:2-7; Sin can no longer affect the saints destiny. He is freed from it.
38. THE LORD IS NOW PRAYING FOR HIM! Heb. 7:25; The Lord is presently interceding in the believers behalf.
39. GOD WILL FINISH WHAT HE STARTED! Phil. 1:6; God began the work of salvation and will finish it.
40. HE HAS ETERNAL REDEMPTION! Heb. 9:12; Every believer has been eternally redeemed from his sins.
41. HIS LIFE IS CHRISTS LIFE! Col. 3:4; The saints life is Christs very own life, so how could it be lost?
42. HE HAS AN EVERLASTING COVENANT WITH GOD! Heb. 13:20; God made a covenant to give the saint
43. HE IS KEPT FROM FALLING BY CHRIST! Jude 24; A Christian cannot fall from grace because Christ is keeping him.
44. SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT! Rom. 6:23; A free gift is given with no conditions.
45. HE HAS IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS! Rom. 4:6-7; The righteousness the saint has is Christs perfect righteousness.
46. HE IS A PART OF CHRIST! Eph. 5:30; Every believer is a part of Christs body. Bone of His bone....
47. CHRIST IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF HIS SALVATION! Heb. 12:2; Christ began and will finish his salvation.
48. HE HAS BEEN PREDESTINATED TO BE CONFORMED TO CHRISTS IMAGE! Rom. 8:29; After salvation the believer is predestinated.
49. CHRISTS BLOOD HAS MADE PEACE FOR HIM! Col. 1:20; The saint has peace with God through the blood.
50. THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN SO HE COULD BELIEVE AND KNOW! 1John 5:13; The saint can know he HAS ETERNAL SALVATION!