SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
WarriorPoet

Introduction

I am a "new kid on the block." Though I have been visiting this site for a long while, this is my adventure into membership. Discussions in this forum are very informative and thought-provoking. Hopefully I will be an asset to the process. Currently I am exiting a lengthy desert experience. I thought there might be benefit to share a few thoughts.

"In the midst of mine enemy's camp, I draw close to the Rock of my Salvation to hide in the cleft of the Rock. In that secret hiding place I find comfort and rest from the battle raging nearby. Cool dampness soothes my parched skin and war-weary soul. Therein where I hide I search for and find that tender, vulnerable place of communion that is ours alone. My Savior's compassion and strength are unspoken nourishment to my inner man. His resolve becomes my resolve as I prepare to emerge and reenter the skirmish. Fresh streams of Living Water rise up from the dry ground to restore and refresh my soul." [i][b][size=xx-small][color=CC0000][font=Georgia]Evangelism by Fire[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i]

2008/3/10 8:31Profile

Re: Introduction

Quote:

WarriorPoet wrote:
I am a "new kid on the block." Though I have been visiting this site for a long while, this is my adventure into membership. Discussions in this forum are very informative and thought-provoking. Hopefully I will be an asset to the process. Currently I am exiting a lengthy desert experience. I thought there might be benefit to share a few thoughts.

"In the midst of mine enemy's camp, I draw close to the Rock of my Salvation to hide in the cleft of the Rock. In that secret hiding place I find comfort and rest from the battle raging nearby. Cool dampness soothes my parched skin and war-weary soul. Therein where I hide I search for and find that tender, vulnerable place of communion that is ours alone. My Savior's compassion and strength are unspoken nourishment to my inner man. His resolve becomes my resolve as I prepare to emerge and reenter the skirmish. Fresh streams of Living Water rise up from the dry ground to restore and refresh my soul." [i][b][size=xx-small][color=CC0000][font=Georgia]Evangelism by Fire[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i]

Welcome! :-D

Ezekiel 47:1-12

1Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

2Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.

3And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.

4Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

5Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

6And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.

7Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

8Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.

9And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

10And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from Engedi even unto Eneglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.

11But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.

12And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

2008/3/10 11:20

Re: Introduction

Welcome, sister Jeannine! It's wonderful to have you here on the forums. I pray that the time you spend on here is edifying, encouraging, and strengthening to your walk with Christ.

Quote:

WarriorPoet wrote:
Currently I am exiting a lengthy desert experience. I thought there might be benefit to share a few thoughts.

This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing this. It makes me think of Madame Guyon's writings on [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=14139&forum=34&post_id=&refresh=Go]The Winter of the Soul[/url].

"Who is this that cometh up from the wilderness, leaning upon her beloved?" Song of Solomon 8:5a

In the secret of His presence how my soul delights to hide!
Oh, how precious are the lessons which I learn at Jesus’ side!
Earthly cares can never vex me, neither trials lay me low;
For when Satan comes to tempt me, to the secret place I go,
To the secret place I go.

When my soul is faint and thirsty, ’neath the shadow of His wing
There is cool and pleasant shelter, and a fresh and crystal spring;
And my Savior rests beside me, as we hold communion sweet:
If I tried, I could not utter what He says when thus we meet,
What He says when thus we meet.

Only this I know: I tell Him all my doubts, my griefs and fears;
Oh, how patiently He listens! and my drooping soul He cheers:
Do you think He ne’er reproves me? What a false Friend He would be,
If He never, never told me of the sins which He must see,
Of the sins which He must see.

Would you like to know the sweetness of the secret of the Lord?
Go and hide beneath His shadow: this shall then be your reward;
And whene’er you leave the silence of that happy meeting place,
You must mind and bear the image of the Master in your face,
Of the Master in your face.

[url=http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/t/itsecret.htm]Ellen Goreh[/url]

Looking forward to hearing more from you, sister.

May the grace of Jesus be with you.

~Joy

2008/3/10 11:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy