SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : True dispensationalism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

True dispensationalism

The true dispensational understanding. Not hyper.

http://www.preservedwords.com/dispen1a.htm

In Christ: Phillip

2008/3/10 5:04Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: True dispensationalism

In 2 Timothy 2:15 the Holy Spirit states His word has divisions and the "workman" must "study" to "rightly" divide them. When a believer obeys God's word and with study finds these divisions and applies the truths found in them to their proper place, much of the Bible's complexity disappears and many of its alleged contradictions vanish. Furthermore, many of the different manners, methods, and doctrines in the Bible which often trouble people are reconciled, and the believer begins to see the "big picture" of what God is doing.

Since properly understanding the Bible's divisions is the key to being sound in doctrine and making sense of its differences, failure to do so can lead to dangerous heresies and spiritual chaos. When a preacher or any other believer fails to rightly divide the Bible and discern its differences, he will nearly always end up wresting it. This is one reason there are so many "Christian" cults today. Instead of rightly dividing the Bible, they ignore some or all of its divisions and produce a religious system that is littered with heresies, some of them deadly. When a person takes a precept or doctrine peculiar to one dispensation and forces it to apply doctrinally to another, he ends up with a heresy every time. He may quote several Bible verses to "prove" his doctrine, but it is still a lie once it is divorced from its corresponding dispensation.

Just a few of the dispensations written.

Word Search Results for "dispensation"
The program has completed a search through:
Nave's Topical (N) Torrey's Topical (T) Vine's Dictionary (V)
Easton's Dictionary (E) Subject Guide (S) Hitchcock's Dictionary (H)

View the search result for DispensationDispensation (V,E)

Perform Another Word / Phrase / Strong's Search Here

Show Strong's

Return to Gen 1:1

KJV English Concordance for "dispensation"
Learn More About Our Word Search Tools
dispensation occurs 4 times in 4 verses:

1Cr 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation [of the gospel] is committed unto me.

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; [even] in him:

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

In Christ: Philliip

2008/3/16 1:02Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

What is a dispensation?

Strong's Greek Dictionary
3622. oikonomia
Search for G3622 in KJVSL
oikonomia oikonomia oy-kon-om-ee'-ah
from 3623; administration (of a household or estate); specially, a (religious) "economy":--dispensation, stewardship.

Law? Grace? Are they the same in dispensationalism and religious economy.

A stewardship was given to Paul because the Pentecostal Church did not get it.

Colossians 1:13-15 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Is this the Law of Moses economy?

Can this mix with the dispensation of Moses?

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the ((((dispensation)))) of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

We are in the final economy, government, dispensation of God which will fulfill the Word of God in Christ Jesus. This is the whole reason Paul was called, to take the misuse of the Holy Spirit and fulfill the Word of God specifically by the revelation of Christ in Paul.

Galatians 1:15-20 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not.

A new and final dispensation before the millennium. Are we in Christ? Is He in us.
Is the Holy Spirit in us and are we all baptized into One Spirit?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Many baptisms, even the baptism into Moses Gospel.

Different dispensations for different times.

Let us seek to rightly divide the word of Truth and know specifics of the dispensation of Paul to fulfill the word of God, the final Gospel of Christ in you the Hope of Glory.

In the dispensation of Christ in me: Phillip

2008/3/16 1:38Profile
destinysweet

Re: True dispensationalism

Upon reading Mr. Morton's ideas I came to the part where he reveals his pretribulation rapture theory..one that does not jive with Jesus' own words on this..are you also of this persuasion,Christinyou? I am not.So I cannot agree that this man's words in entirety are wholly true.

This does not mean I reject the fact that there are dispensations..I studied these under Chuck Smith's teachings in the late 70's/early 80's.I also was exposed to many other great teachers who denied the pretribulation rapture,using only scripture..also in my walk with Jesus..He has revealed the truth to me by His Holy Spirit in many ways concerning our need to be prepared to endure until the end..it is settled in my heart and I do not wish to argue the facts or the scriptures with you..it is clearly stated in many places for those who are willing to see it.

I believe that any and all of the wonderful works that Christ did through the Apostles and believers of less fame in the first century church are active and ordained for today..being that we are in the same dispensation..this is all I was trying to get you and Katy to open up to before.It seemed that somehow in the defining of kingdoms you were comparmentalizing the true gifts and miraculous work of the manifold..I repeat..manifold (in having many parts) grace of God in the lives of the believers,as promised by The King of kings, Himself..and in doing so unwittingly have adhered to a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

2008/3/16 16:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For ((if we believe)) that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, ((to meet the Lord in the air:)) and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

"If we believe"

We are not on this earth when the Lord comes to the earth, or His witnesses, we are not on this earth and rejoicing in the death of the two witness. Also even the two witness are taken up into the clouds even as those in Christ are taken up and shall "ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 11:3-13 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. (((And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them,))) and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the (((remnant))) were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
(((These are tribulation saints with no mark)))
"remnant"

Yes, I believe there is a pre-trib rapture of the body of Christ, His Church.

We are His body, not those left on the earth that He will rule with a rod of Iron.

I will not debate this, because it only causes great division in the Church. You ask a question, I have answered it, the rest is up to God.

2008/3/16 20:34Profile
destinysweet

Re:

Bless you.. I've heard all the arguments already,brother,we will agree to then disagree on this point..I am ready to meet Him when He comes..this is all that really matters..be well, Phillip..your sister in Jesus Christ..Destiny

Did you understand my other point/concern about the manifold grace of God..the operations of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in the lives of the believers..us..who believe?

2008/3/16 22:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Destiny,

1 Corinthians 12:7-13 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

Not that every man has the manifestation that is given, but the ones that are given do profit withal.

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will.

"severally"; by His own. "As He will"; be of His own will.

The,"Same Spirit" is repeated specifically to emphasize it is the Holy Spirit who has been given to be the One that makes the decision to operate any gift, in any person of His choosing.

For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

We drink of One Spirit, The Water of Life Himself. Who furnishes the drink? Christ.
Christ Himself is the only one that is the true gifted One and that is how the Holy Spirit distributes them to those of His choosing, and they will operate in that believer because of Jesus Christ the Gifted One.

No man has a gift that is given by the Holy Spirit unless it is His will. No man can have any of the gifts unless Christ is in him. We may be an apostle one day and a prophet the next, which ever the Holy Spirit chooses to use for that C&S, Circumstance or Situation, for the building up of the Body of Christ.

I do believe that all the gifts are still in operation today, but not as man wills, only as the Holy Spirit wills by the Christ that is in the believer.

If we think we are operating in some gift, it is probably of self. We usually don't know when the Holy Spirit uses any of the gifts in us. It usually takes the person hearing to tell us what has happened in their spirit that validates the Holy Spirit use of any gift.

Any person can be given the use of any gift if it is the Holy Spirit, and it will be manifest for the upbuilding of the Body of Christ not self. If the gift glorifies the gifted One Himself, it is of God, if it glorifies not the Gifted One Jesus Christ, it is of self.

I desire that God richly use us in all the gifts to build up His Body of Christ ones.

2008/3/16 23:47Profile
destinysweet

Re: for clarification and encouragement

I do not know what gifts you usually operate in service to the body of Christ and the yet unbelieving..potential brethren..but some of your statements seem to be made out of ignorance to how God does this..there is a really big difference between thinking..in your own mind something..and the pure evidence of it being God who is doing it/saying it..if you can't tell the difference between when God is working a miracle or an actual healing..if you need man to tell you to believe it is of God,or that God has done it only after the fact..you will not be moving in or by faith..The 'epi'..or upon (explosive) experience of the infilling of the Holy Spirit is much different than the soulish operations and works of man..huge difference..You can certainly tell the difference between a gift of knowledge(knowing things you couldn't otherwise know about a person who is a stranger,God's way of getting their attention so that they will recieve whatever word of wisdom or prophesy or a healing that He has for them..these also being very clearly not coming from your own thinking) what you are describing here puzzles me abit.It sounds soulish..but I may have misunderstood you.I have found that those who not do much outreach and stay within the confines of their congregation..when they have all come to know one another too well and then start speaking great and glowing words ..or pointed reproofs in big booming voices.. over one another because of the gossip they heard or something they were told directly,passing this off as prophetic utterances,the whole thing having become too too inbred..not fresh..soulish,fleshly and grieveous.

I am using words to try to describe what I know to be true..so bear with me as I state what I believe..due to practice,experience.

I am used to the Presence of God being very active and impactful..accurate and leaving no room to doubt..clearly not of me. Sometimes He will bring me someone from oftimes 1,000 miles away from where I met them and was given the opportunity to minister to them..they will exclaim,"Every thing you said has come to pass in my life,listen to how God brought me to know Jesus as Lord..I am now walking with Him!" Did I not know this when I spoke whatever I did over them..I spoke it believing,very much aware that I was being given it from God to say.I did not need them to acknowledge it..some might have even denied it was from God..but His Word is His Word..it goes out and accomplishes that in which it was sent forth to do..having them sent to cross my path later to tell me is encouraging and a cause for rejoicing, as well as proof for you and for those who were present, but for me I was believing,never stopped believing even though I saw them no more,until then..I move by faith..walk by faith..not by sight or the aquiescent or denying sounds (words)of men..If God says it, I am going to believe Him..I know His voice..it is Him that I follow..no brainer.

I could write volumes on these types of times where even a family member..later finding out you were the one who prayed asks you incredulously.."What did you do? They were so changed ..from night into day..a whole new person!Thankyou!" And we say "That was God..it was Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit..I am only His vessel.Praise Him!" We may plant, we may water, we may weed..it is God who gives the increase! Praise God for His increase!

By the way..you may have forgotten that the gift of tongues edifies the person who is being used in this capacity..'edifies himself' Paul says..here we see that 'self' word used righteously in regards to the gifts..I speak/sing in tongues and interpretations are given as well whether I am alone or if there are folks present when I'm playing guitar and singing/praying in the spirit during a time of worship..there is also interpretations to qualify for others what is being said,in order for them to come into agreement and glorify /praise God.And there are diversities of tongues that accomplish different things according to the need of the moment.But if you have not been faithful to operate in this gift.or if you have never been given this gift..you would not know how to operate in it..so you would be ignorant/unknowing of it's true/actual operation ..it would be a head knowledge thing from reading about it or hearing a teaching on it..not a knowing that comes from doing.Big difference. What passes for tongues in many churches today is frightful..it is mostly unholy babblings,strange repetitive mantra like sounds..not the heavenly language of holy angels.

I never really thought a whole lot about the gifts..and I am not overlyconscious of my own self when they show up..I am aware of God's Presence.When He activates the gifts,they always come with a unmistakable greater grace that is recognizable,and the love and compassion is rich..somehow tangible..though intangible..this I have noticed again and again..you will too,especially with much experience..a virtue that goes out and you sense it come in as well...it is a definite difference to me,though hard to describe. I took Paul's words on the gifts to heart long ago.. that they were for us,for others..that they were to be used properly and I asked God to use me in this way,believing He would,simple..I did not clamor after them or put a huge emphasis on this in my walk or prayerlife. I had been baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and I trusted God had heard me ..I would be available for whatever He desired to do through me..my main thrust/focus was loving and obeying God and through His love,then I could love and serve others according to His will with Agape..divine, unconditional, continuously..serving with a cheerful heart and dying to self,that Christ might be formed in me and in others..Compassion and mercy,forgiveness and personal healing for great trauma in my childhood and youth became central to Him,in regards to my growth and removing blockages,and this was a season ordained by Him for that purpose, and so fixing my eyes on the Author and Finisher of my faith Jesus,I have allowed Him to write the story of my life in Him..it is not in my control. Nor would I ever want it to be so.

He fills me with the desire to seek and save the lost sheep..restoring those who'd fallen away,back to God..and to bring the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the perishing. That takes me outside the walls of the church buildings more often than in,where much of the gifts in operation are a mixture,sadly so..and I observe what amounts to no more than a circus..soulishly ambitious and skewed motivations for being utilized by God in these gifts or to recieve from these gifts..the focus is often wrong..it needs cleansing..envy, jealousy..clics and respecter of persons,gossip and back biting,competiiton,demonic..earthly..unpleasant..most of all,they want to prophesy...it is the most noticable..and they do not even ask for the others..act as though they are certain that they do not have this or that gift and speak this out ..limiting God from using them in another capacity. Saying, I do not..I have not..and so they don't,because they believe they don't.

I desired early the gift of faith and was given it..the gift of helps..then the healings started and were documented...but I believed before the proof came in from the doctors and surgeons who no longer had cancers to cut out or tumors to deal with. Miracles began for my benefit,includidng actual angels appearing to help me from when I was young but now I was being given the privilege of partaking in the working of them,with angels present..ahh the love of God for the afflicted! Isaiah 61 says why we are anointed..clearly it is not about us..it has always been all about reconciliation..bringing man to God..bridging the gap sin creates..it is all for service and the revealing of Christ's love and His Reality..His Truth. That He is Alive! He has Risen and dwells in His people just as He said He would! We just try and stay under the radar..so to speak..taking no credit ,slipping away after pointing them to Jesus. What else is there?

We are told from the beginning that our hearts are exceedingly wicked..that we don't even know our own motivations..and I was made aware of these subtle things when I was much younger and was taught to pray against self deception..for purity of motive..I usually find myself praying afterwards for that deeper humility,knowing He would do what had been asked..do it for yourself and for them,Lord..not for me,so I am made known..I am known and unknown ..it matters not..Only that I am known by God who is pleased with my faith.It is always about serving others..God does not give His true gifts to those who are looking to be exalted. God humbles us plenty..no worries about that ..we ask Him to..He obliges us..we are thankful..so very dependant upon Him for this work in us as well.For yrs/seasons He might have you keep it under wraps..not sharing very much of what He is doing through you..it is up to Him what He wants shared and when..we desire to be obediant in this..we also need to open up and speak when we are specifically asked to do so.

He has asked me specifically to encourage all believers in Christ Jesus to be open to be used by the Holy Spirit in the gifts for God's purposes..to stir up these gifts..to become available to God,,for He has purposed it to be so..that we would not be left powerless..the Holy Spirit comes upon us and moves through us..we know it is Him..there is no doubt Who it is..we know it is not us alone of ourselves.We cannot do anything except that He show us first,tell us first.And He has shown me to remind others that we have available these great helps(the Helper!) in our ministering, that we can believe for the true gifts and recieve them for the common good..we are not to cringe back or resist..due to fears and the abuses we have seen and heard of.What? And leave it all to the lying counterfeit? Heaven forbid! We are called and anointed to allow God to have His way with us! These come with serious responsibility..we are to steward the gifts well..He teaches us how this is done in practice and left us instruction in His word through Paul.He does this work in us..we are His work and the work He does in us is always for others as well..it is the word of our testimony..Who He is and what He has done..we overcome the accuser with our confidence in Him..this is His work as well lest any man boast..but to speak of what God has done..is doing..is not boasting..it is called reporting in..proclaiming the mighty works of God.Oftimes He will not give you more if you will not speak up about what He is doing..giving you.Does He intend to keep His work a secret..sometimes..yes..for a season but when He says speak..you'd better speak! This is why I speak of the gifts..it is part of what He has called me to do. I do it to encourage and inspire the brethren..I am enthusiastic that all should be full of the Spirit and the Life.Jesus is the Way ,the Truth and The Life!

He is the Gift..this is how I see it..He is all the gifts rolled up into ONE..He does the work..we yield ourselves as a living and holy sacrifice for His good pleasure and He is able to pour out upon those we come into contact with ,whatever He chooses..whatever He wills... He wills!! Not us..nothing happens if it is just our own personal agenda,leanings or desires..this is evident in the beginning as you are learning to walk in the Spirit with Him.And we do make mistakes..it is a part of the learning process.We praise God for His mercy and Forgiveness in this process. May we continue to learn to walk circumspectly,redeeming the time for it is short, and with much awareness of the solemn responsiblity in being given such a trust as this..we are empowered to speak life into lives..we are empowered to bring about dramamtic changes in the lives of those we meet..let us never abuse our ambassadorship..let us each be given the faith,strength,mercy and grace to fulfil our unique personal purpose and corporate callings..we are of the elect of God..We are called and chosen..He is the treasure in these earthly vessels we call our-selves..it is Him who is being poured out..it is Him who lives in us as promised..His Holy Spirit of promise,recieved by faith as promised by the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Almighty God.

May grace,faith,joy and peace abound unto you ,according to His merciful will.

Praying for the unity of the brethren to be made manifest in this time,Destiny

2008/3/18 16:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I usually operate in the gifts the Holy Spirit dispenses, as He wills. I used to operate in the gifts I thought I had, I gained nothing for the Body of Christ the Church. Praise God, Christ delivered me from this sin. Now the operation of the Gifts are In His Hands.

I just present my body a living sacrifice, which is only my spiritual service. By His Power, not mine, if it is mine, praise God My Father Chaseneth me.

The Spirit of God Himself by His Son, telling The Holy Spirit what to say and do, He knows much better than I what gifts are needed for the Body of Christ.

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.

My glory is not in a spiritual gift that The Holy Spirit has given me. My Glory is in the Lord. If I am used of the Holy Spirit for the upbuilding of the Body of Christ, it is because the Christ that is Born Again in me is operating in His own gifts, because He is truly the only Gifted One.

1Cr 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

2Cr 10:17 But he that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

This is what the Holy Spirit dispenses when it comes to gifts operating in a person, for the upbuilding of Christ Body the Church.

Ephesians 1:17-23 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Christ is the Head, He tells the Holy Spirit when and where and who to use in the gifts operation. The Holy Spirit dispenses them by His Will, not by our will.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

These works are all the Gifts the Father gave Christ to verify He is the Son of God. These are the Gifts we have to the upbuilding of His Body.

John 16:13-14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All different gifts of the same Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

Who is the gifted One? Spiritual Gifts! By the Spirit. For we are all baptized into One Spirit, as we in Christ are one spirit with each other.

1Cr 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Phl 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

The Gifted One:

1Cr 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 2:18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Eph 4:4 [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

There is a more excellent way than the operation of the gifts in the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:28-31 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

1 Corinthians 13:1-2 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity (LOVE), I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity (LOVE), I am nothing.

"And though I have the gift"; Impossible.

2008/3/22 2:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy