SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Finger of God DVD

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I wonder how many of you who self righteously denounce the "Finger of God" message can say that God is moving in miracles in your lives or ministry. Forget the gold teeth, the jewels, etc. let's just look at the lives that are touched, bodies that are healed, and spirits that are encouraged in this faithless generation. Before you run so quick to judgement (or send people there) what's the evidence of God's power in your life? Certainly it isn't the judgemental self righteous attitude you are proclaiming as right, is it? If so, then you have nothing. I say that however Christ wants to move in the land, so be it. Just don't lose sight of the big picture here, the manifestation of an alive Christ in a faithless (albeit religious) generation.

This movie is a documentary capturing many of the "false" signs and wonders being done in our day. I have found myself weeping before men recounting when I first saw these things on TV and tryed as a young believer to tell my youth pastor what was happening. Things are are so far away from what we can understand in the terrible last days that many are without emotion or thought on these issues. Something is seriously wrong yet the Church thinks everything is fine? If we ever needed genuine revival and men gripped by the holy Ghost it is today. So that they can preach a eternal gospel that will save damned souls from hell.

2008/3/11 14:10Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
if you can put up with the singing of Bob Dylan.

! Wake up people! rock and roll music being used unashamedly beside these things. It has been provided that Bob Dylan has been very heavily involved with the occult and his music leads people into the same.

2008/3/11 14:12Profile
Limey153

Berkshire, England

Re: Finger of God DVD

Quote:
I wonder how many of you who self righteously denounce the "Finger of God" message can say that God is moving in miracles in your lives or ministry. Forget the gold teeth, the jewels, etc. let's just look at the lives that are touched, bodies that are healed, and spirits that are encouraged in this faithless generation. Before you run so quick to judgement (or send people there) what's the evidence of God's power in your life? Certainly it isn't the judgemental self righteous attitude you are proclaiming as right, is it? If so, then you have nothing. I say that however Christ wants to move in the land, so be it. Just don't lose sight of the big picture here, the manifestation of an alive Christ in a faithless (albeit religious) generation.

I am sorry to have to bring this up but I think the opening statement to this thread is rather unfair. I am not a regular contributor to this forum personnally, however I do read through this forum on a very regularly basis and have found the vast majority of people on this forum to be very humble, honest and loving. So I have to say that I most certainly disagree with the comment that people here are self-righteous.
Getting back onto subject, I have only watched the trailer to this DVD however I would be extremely cautious of it. I have learned to be very carefull regarding anything that seems to dwell on material prosperity, the gems on the trailer really worried me! Jesus called for men to give up their wealth and lay up treasures in heaven.

Darren

2008/3/11 15:06Profile

Re:

Quote:
Forget the gold teeth, the jewels, etc. let's just look at the lives that are touched, bodies that are healed, and spirits that are encouraged in this faithless generation.

It's hard to forget about the gold teeth and the jewels if this is what the film is pumping out in saying that these are the signs and wonders. It's like a splinter or an itch that won't go away. I remember back in the early 90's when Christian Rock was being more prominent in our Churches. One lady said, "if it brings the kids in, I am for it". Wrong spirit, wrong message.

When Amy Grant put her "Baby Baby" song out, they were selling her album at the local Christian book store. I confronted the manager about it and she said, "The kids want it". No wonder people accept this film hook line and sinker because they are ripe for it. Our Churches have let down their guard and let a host of trash come in and people are ripe in receiving anything that comes thru it's doors.

When there is no love for the LORD our God and no one is standing for the truth of His word, worldliness is in it's place. "If any man love the world the love of the Father is not in Him."

These so called miracles and signs are only a sign whats truly in the hearts of those who receive them. The love of money is the root of all evil.

2008/3/11 16:49
Nellie

Re:

If it doesn't line up with the Word of God, and everything center around the Cross of Jesus Christ.
If Jesus isn't golrified and lifted up,
then leave it alone.
I still believe the majority of the Young people are waiting on someone to lead them in the straight and narrow way.
They have the World, what the Church has done is bring the World into the Church.
The Young people want the Truth of the Gospel, and they know the real from the false.
God help us all to be a Light in this darkened World, even though we will be persecuted by most of the Church world.
Let's lift the Blood stained Banner of Jesus Christ, and ask God to give us a burning desire to lay hold of the horns of the Altar.
It is not about us, it is about JESUS.
God Bless
Nellie

2008/3/11 17:21Profile
busterdog

Re:

Mat 17:27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Guess Jesus wasn't Biblical.

All this "doesnt line up with scripture" stuff amazes me. Anyone remember Solomon? Joseph of Arimethea?

Unfortunately most criticism of Darren Wilson is not biblical, but just the result of what people think God would or ought to do if he were like them. I'm sorry. Caution is fine. But you people are bearing false witness about things you know nothing of. Caution is not the same as condemnation.

2008/7/17 21:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
But you people are bearing false witness about things you know nothing of. Caution is not the same as condemnation.

Is this caution or condemnation? Sounds to me like a piece of condemnation...

ginnyrose

2008/7/17 22:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
But you people are bearing false witness about things you know nothing of.

Precisely brother, by responding to a post that was last commented on in March [i]you people[/i] is then an indictment upon ? You know nothing of your surroundings or those who contribute ... yet ...

Quote:
All this "doesnt line up with scripture" stuff amazes me.

Quote:
Anyone remember Solomon? Joseph of Arimethea?

Yes, from ... scripture.

Brother, first post ... welcome to SI nonetheless. Hope you might find your way around, there are lot of resources.

2008/7/17 23:23Profile
busterdog

Re:

A common confusion by the prosecutorially disposed.

Condemnation is a general dismissal of a person or entity/group or body of work.

Criticism is addressing a specific statement or position. The position is not the same as the one who delivers the position, except that if you confuse the two, it helps the rhetorical attack on one you perceived to be an adversary, since you can call it condemnation.

You took an entire film and rejected its witness as false, having offered nothing but your own experience as evidence. That is condemnation. I said that this specific position is not justified. That is criticism.

When people repel criticism by calling it condemnation, generally we anticipate a short conversation. And that is anticipation, not condemnation.

2008/7/20 20:01Profile
busterdog

Re:

Well, then its a good thing I didnt do anything other than criticize this particular view. Good thing I said nothing about my surroundings.

If I were responding with grace, I would assume that "you people" referred to the people posting the only view that I criticized. I did not criticize anyone's character in a general sense.

Either prove the miracles in the film are false or apologize to me. Or is going to your brother as in Mt. 18 condemnation and prejudice?

2008/7/21 7:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy