SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can Anybody help me with answers from Scriptures for the Emergant Church heresy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: it's What's Coming of it that counts

Anne! WOW Thanks for that. It is explaining even more of what we are talking about on another thread!

All these are working hand in hand for one goal....anti-christ!

Thanks Anne!

Katy

2008/3/7 16:48

Re:

Katy, reading one of those blogs, a quote seemed to really wrap it up.

Quote:

[i]"Andy Moore in the UK predicts, “The phrase Emerging Church will only be used by people who are attacking it, allowing the good work of individual churches to continue under the radar, while really confusing irate Reformed Evangelicals.”[/i]

Now why he said "reformed" I don't know - but this quote just shows to go ya.

I know "fundamentalist" is a bad word now. Maybe he was just afraid to use that one?

Did you read some of the replies to those blogs though ?

Wow. Second from the bottom of the belief-net site, there was quite a reply by a "teresa" and then the very last one by "leah", mamamia.

Amazing the responses they get, but that's the way they operate, intentionally. Is by basically "polling" for opinions, moods, perspectives, feelings and working upon those or [i]with them[/i], in order to do as Moore said, continue "under the radar". Politicians do it and businesses do it.
Brother dbm posted a good article from a Business website, that said basically - that businesses should learn how to conduct business from the Mega-Church leaders.

Maybe we could find that article. It was very good.

Lord Bless!

2008/3/7 22:14
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I need prayer that I will get through these hard headed! I feel like I am trying to hit my head against a brick wall as they say every time I take a statement it is out of context or some other comment it is so frustrating.

If I were warning people about a fire, and said there is a tsunami heading this way, please run else you may die they may end up taking notice

I know we are headed it is just its prevelance, it is frustrating to try and debate!
To people who do not know their bible! and think that I am even taking the bible out of context.

Art Katz says that "Is something that peports to be christ and imitates christ but is not"

A fake note is much more dangerous! Because it looks like the real thing but yet it is not and degrades the actual currency.

The thing I do not like about this movement is so commen and in every shop round the country on mass. You can pick up these books and there always on offer.

Billy Sunday said that half truths are dangerous as you do not know which half you will get!
If Jesus turned up for one minute this movement would be history!

2008/3/7 22:24Profile

Re:

Sympathies all the way around brother.

I figure His "sheep hear His voice and won't follow another" - so rather than debate - just keep speaking His Word/Truth, and if they're really His Sheep - they'll hear you.

Maybe not right away. Maybe during the coming storm... but His Word never goes out Void.

You may not see the fruit of what Truths you spoke, but keep watering and the LORD will bring it back to their remembrance when the bottom falls out.

GOD BLESS you !

2008/3/7 22:37
caldwell1

Rockland MA

Re:

intercssr83 said:
home

Re:
Here's some stuff by CARM (Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry) that should provide a thorough overview including doctrines, profiles and quotes from those prominent in the movement.

Also, a lecture by Mark Driscoll as someone who's "been there, done that" Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary Convergence Conference

Checked out these-Great stuff to use to tear down these heresies
Two books are good "Becoming conversant with the Emergent Church" by D.A Carson
and "Faith Undone" by Roger Oakland

However I really was blessed by the Mark Driscoll teaching as someone that was immersed in the emergent community saw it was wrong and talks about it to expose it and now He's a solid radical reformed Pastor who wont fit in there molds-This guy is the bomb!,He's definitely not for everyone due to the language he uses to reach the unchurched,But I love this guy He loves Jesus and thats it,None of the Emergent bologna-Decide for yourself and There are many sourses out there to give disernment :-)

2008/3/7 23:16Profile

Re:

Quote:
Did you read some of the replies to those blogs though ?

Anne, Yes I did. Great link.

It all boils down to 2 Timothy Chapter 3...having a form of Godliness, but denying the Power...[u]from such turn away[/u].

Denying the Power is denying the Deity of Christ, and the Blood of the Cross. To us who are saved

[u]it is the power of God[/u].

The Cross will always be an offence, and from the time of Cain, people have been trying to climb over some other way.

It's all Babel-bolognea!!!!

And yes, I do believe he is using the word Reformed in the same sense as fundamental.

Any Gospel that does not preach SIN, The Cross, and the Blood is a false Gospel...period.

But over time we have changed SIN into:
1. Being emotionally challenged or 2. Diseases
of which we need some 12 step program to overcome.
((has infiltrated many churches over time))

So this infestation of psycho-babel in one form or fashion has been feeding this invisible monster for quite sometime.

Revelation says...Who can fight against it?

Well, we know the wrath of God is coming on all who have rejected the Gospel. AND we know according to Paul, there is only ONE Gospel, and all others are accursed!

Katy

2008/3/8 9:42

Re:

Quote: "But over time we have changed SIN into:

So this infestation of psycho-babel in one form or fashion has been feeding this invisible monster for quite sometime."

Katy, this is so true. This has crossed my mind this year more than ever.

Psychology robs The Lord of His Glory, involvement and sovereignty in our lives.

They want you to focus on self and the LORD heals more when we don't at all.

Thank you for your thought provoking replies.

LORD Bless you Sis.

2008/3/8 13:01

Re: Can Anybody help me with answers from Scriptures for the Emergant Church heresy?

No doubt that the Emergent Church is liken unto a lamb but when it speaks it speaks like a dragon. A lamb is sweet and lovable, follows you where ever you go. When you hold a new born baby in your arms you see how wonderful he is, yet in that little body is all the capabilities of sin waiting to be explored. The Emergent Church is really no different than unregenerate man. He seeks to please God through his own works. It's Cain and Abel all over again.

2008/3/8 16:55
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Katy_did…

Quote:
It all boils down to 2 Timothy Chapter 3...having a form of Godliness, but denying the Power...from such turn away.

Denying the Power is denying the Deity of Christ, and the Blood of the Cross. To us who are saved

it is the power of God.

The Cross will always be an offence, and from the time of Cain, people have been trying to climb over some other way.

It's all Babel-bolognea!!!!

And yes, I do believe he is using the word Reformed in the same sense as fundamental.

Any Gospel that does not preach SIN, The Cross, and the Blood is a false Gospel...period.

But over time we have changed SIN into:

So this infestation of psycho-babel in one form or fashion has been feeding this invisible monster for quite sometime.

Very true. But unfortunately, most of these sort of “Emergent” churches actually believe that they preach against sin, and preach the “cross” and the shed blood of our Lord.

I once attended a large Assembly of God congregation that slowly morphed from a classical Pentecostal Church (with an emphasis on holiness) into a modern day “charismania” congregation. A very unhealthy emphasis in the supernatural and the prosperity message caused the congregation to change into one of these modern “seeker” congregations. They stopped preaching against sin or for the need of repentance and a real relationship with Christ. They simply used all sorts of fleshly methods and gimmicks to get people into the doors (including turkey giveaways, door prizes, concerts and plays). The ultimate goal (or “mission”) of the Church was simply to grow into a large, involved congregation. They even began to preach that it doesn’t matter what a person believes – as long as they are sincere. The worship was transformed into a concert – complete with auditions, professional CD sales and “dance teams.”

The ironic thing is that many – including man of the leaders of the church – didn’t see any sort of “change.” But this change was quite dramatic – even to people in the world. Most of the older and long term people left the congregation. The pastor would excuse the simplicity of his sermons as “milk” because of his very young congregation (without realizing that most left because of the milk and worldliness). People who questioned the direction of the Church were dismissed as having a “religious spirit.” Wild flamboyant preachers (who claimed supernatural stories) replaced the simple preaching of the Word of God. The once vibrant Sunday school attendance dropped to near-nothing, and the prayer meeting was rejected because of “religiosity.” Yet some of those most involved claimed that the congregation was experiencing a “revival of early Church liberty.” They were unconcerned about the lack of knowledge within the congregation or that the average duration of attendance for each member dropped to less than two years. As long as the number in attendance on Sunday morning was growing, the leaders were pleased.

I feel that many of the “emergent” people feel that they do proclaim the blood of Jesus. In word, they may even teach that the blood of Jesus is necessary for salvation. However, their idea of what the blood of Jesus means is very different from our own. They may teach about the cross – but their definition (again) is very different from ours. The big difference might lie within the teaching of personal responsibility. Do such preachers teach that a person must “flee from the wrath to come?” Do they teach that we must work out our own salvation “with fear and trembling?” Do they teach that we must repent of everything – the good, the bad and the ugly – in order to truly know the heart and salvation of God? Do they teach that we must HATE the things of this world?

Sadly, I find it extremely difficult to talk to many modern believers. Often, they become familiar with Christianity only as it is presented by the modern Church system. They often use rhetoric about the faith without truly understanding what they are saying. But what do we expect? Most of the shepherds of this movement don’t care about how many sheep make it to the Chief Shepherd’s fold (although they probably believe that they do). All that they really care about is having a nice, growing and involved flock of their own. These “career pastors” hardly resemble the Shepherd who would leave the fold to rescue a single lamb from the mouth of a lion. But if you were to ask them, they will claim that they believe the same as we do. They only feel that the administration of their methods is different.

As for Scriptural passages that would directly speak against the "Emergent" movement -- I think that it is difficult to do. The Emergent Church simply goes against the heart of what is taught in the New Testament. Thus, I would recommend to those who are caught in it (or other cultish beliefs) to simply read the entire New Testament through -- while forgetting the commentary regarding things that they have been taught.

:-)

2008/3/8 19:41Profile

Re:

Hi Chris,

As I read your story here, it brought back s many moments for me seeing things over the years disintegrate within Churches I have attended.

I wise man once said..It’s not that you believe in the Blood, or the Cross, [u][i]it's what you believe ABOUT the Blood and the Cross[/i][/u].

I didn't understand the depth of that comment until I began hearing some really strange doctrines concerning these things.

Satan has SOOOOOOO corrupted the truth, taking the Gifts for example and corrupting those where people are so afraid to even talk about Gifts for fear of being categorized with the apostate side of things.

I wonder sometimes if we haven't played a part in this departure. When I was Born Again, I attended a ($%$#&&^)Church. In that particular Church and many like it, you just didn't talk about the Holy Spirit. They were so paranoid about being categorized as charismatic, saying NONE of the Gifts were in operation today.

My thing, being then a Baby Christian was that it wasn't so much the Gifts I was testifying to but the GIFT itself, being Born Again, born of the Spirit.

I was given the third degree..."Do you speak in tongues???" and having, I'll never forget, a finger pointed right at me with anger in the eyes (((right from the pulpit))....."The Holy Spirit ONLY comes on you when you are witnessing.....and ONLY then".

Being a Born Again Jew didn't go over well either, as God didn't save Jews.

So with threatening phone calls in the middle of the night when my husband was out of town, or having swastikas painted on my garage door and mailbox...you can say...I had been Baptized in the Fiery Trials the Lord said was a TOKEN of my salvation. ( Not only do I live in the Bible Belt, I also live in the Klan belt too...as they ALSO go to Church)

((Oh but they preached the Blood and the Cross too.))

Scary huh!

And who said there is no persecution in America? Oh we may not be thrown in prison, or murdered and killed for our faith, but we do become obedient unto death, as New Life springs forth in us. Not only so, but New Life also springs forth around us through our obedience.

The Church..The True Church is alive today, in the midst of all this apostasy. The Saints of God ARE suffering here and now in ways no one really knows or sees.

We are called to these things, and for this momentary time of suffering will be nothing compared to the Glory that has been prepared for those who are His.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/3/8 21:39

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy