SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Emergent Church Info

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Emergent Church Info

The best introduction to the Emerging (Emergent) Church-theology is to read Brian McLarens early litterature on the subject. In general "A New Kind Of Christian" (hmm, the title is deceptive), and "A Generous Orthodoxy".

He is a very good and entertaining writer.

The best critical introduction to the Emerging Movement however, is D. A. Carsons "Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church". Dr. Carson also lectures on the subject (and other important ones) which you can find here:

http://pjtibayan.wordpress.com/2006/10/17/d-a-carson-audio-sermonslectures/

http://andynaselli.com/theology/d-a-carson-mp3s

Dr. Carson is a great speaker and scholar (probably one of the best there is today) and a warm Christian who struggle for the truth of the faith. I highly recommend that you listen to his wise study of the movement.

Concerning the Emerging Movement - it is really spreading rapidly - over the world. I believe it to be a venomous and deceptive teaching... David Wilkerson has spoken about the movement in 2005 (look at timessquarechurch.org for more details).

Sincerely Magnus

:-D

2008/2/28 9:25Profile
caldwell1

Rockland MA

Re: Emergent Church Info

Thank you Brother Magnus

You are right on in Don Carson's book it is solid there is another decent one out there called "Faith Undone" by Roger Oakland I found it at the bookstore at the Calvary Chapel I attend and I stand with them in denouncing the universalist liberal emergent who propagate an heretical view of God and Christianity,However ther is one phenomenal Pastor by the Name of Mark Driscoll from Mars Hill chruch in Seattle Wash.He came out and escaped from that mess and Is a solidly reformed protestant style teaching with absolutely radical approaches and style-very Good teaching and also quite funny in a Godly sarcsatic kind of way I highy recommend Him as an alternative to the poison of the emergents-unlike them this guy is real and rock solid in his theology! :-) http://www.marshillchurch.org/

2008/3/3 23:25Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

You're welcome brother;-)!

By the way, thanks for the tip. Ive heard about Driscoll, I shall check him out.

Yes strange doctrines abounds. Its not just the EC but also the so called "Open Theism" and "The New Perspective on St. Paul".

Dr Carson has also addressed these issues as well. Especially "The New Perspective" is deceptive while it undermines the doctrine of sola fidei; and pretty much states that the reformers way of understanding justification by faith alone is not according to Paul or the first century judaism...

Sincerely Magnus
:-D

2008/3/4 4:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Concerning Mark Driscoll, I think you had better check out the website before recommending or endorsing him.

He is having several conferences this year, and he has a Song of Solomon conference in November.

See the video clip on the website, then you will be more informed about him. Thanks.

God bless.

2008/3/4 5:16Profile
caldwell1

Rockland MA

Re:

Hey Enid

Thanks for pointing that out youre right he's not for everybody use your disernment he is very modern in approach and language as well which can set people off,So iwould apologize in advance for recommending anyone out there.As we all need to use wisdom and the Holy Scriptures thru the Spirit,Thanks for the Godly counsel,I myself will continue to enjoy him and my other faves-John Piper,Don McClure,Bob Caldwell Etc And that's just me again I'm sorry if I ever mislead anyone,Thanks for your love and wisdom
Blessings
Brian

:-)

2008/3/4 8:04Profile
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

I have listened to Mark Driscoll. Hmm, He is something!!! I think he is just great. Great bible teacher as well. I highly recommend the sermons on:
www.marshillchurch.org

Sincerely Magnus

2008/3/10 7:42Profile

Re: Emergent church info

mangan said

Quote:
I have listened to Mark Driscoll. Hmm, He is something!!! I think he is just great.

Hi brother,

Not everyone would agree, I believe. I wonder if you've taken time to look at some of the old threads on SI forums which have 'Mark Driscoll' in the title? I think you may find it useful to read what others have already written.

2008/3/10 15:09
Mangan

Sweden (Northern Europe)

Re:

This was odd! Linn, Ive just answered the e-mail you sent me, with a recommendation of Driscoll. Well then you know.

I shall check out, what others have written about him.
However, I beleive this guy to be sincere. His lecture on "faith and works" and predestination is very good.

Sincerely Magnus

2008/3/10 16:23Profile

Re: Emergent Church Info

Hi Mangan,

I have to admit I've not listened to anything by Mark Driscoll, but I've dipped in and out of threads discussing his ministry, and I note the concerns.

In your opening post you said

Quote:
Concerning the Emerging Movement - it is really spreading rapidly - over the world. I believe it to be a venomous and deceptive teaching...

This matter has been of growing interest to the saints here.

2008/3/11 10:16

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy