SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Earth tremor felt across England (27.3.08 breaking news)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Earth tremor felt across England (27.3.08 breaking news)

'People from across large parts of England have reported an earth tremor.'

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm]Earth tremor felt across England [/url]

'
The BBC has received calls from people in Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Manchester, Berkshire and the West Midlands about a "quake".

The tremor could be felt in central Birmingham at about 0100 GMT but it is unclear if it has caused any damage.

The West Midlands was hit by an earthquake in 2002 in the Dudley area that reached 5.0 on the Richter scale and caused damage to homes.'

Yes, we felt it here, just before 0100GMT. Impressively unnerving and delightfully short. Amen. I called my son and we had the same description of what we had felt: like something very heavy banging on the wall from the outside.

I continued to hear rattling and feel very slight shuddering for another couple of minutes. Glad it stopped quickly, but I know enough to know it may be the first rather than the last...

2008/2/26 20:32
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Earth tremor felt across England (27.3.08 breaking news)

did not feel it here in Hemel Hempstead.

2008/2/26 20:38Profile

Are tremors normal in this region?

2008/2/26 20:57
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

tremors are not normal in the Uk whatsoever

2008/2/26 21:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Hebrews 12:25-29

25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, [b]Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven[/b].

27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that [b]are shaken[/b], as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29For our God is a consuming fire.

I pray God shakes the UK out of spiritual slumber and births a mighty revival from heaven. It is out only hope.

2008/2/26 22:03Profile

Re:

First time for me - "Post not necessary Edit"

But I did find where all the bees went to -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7258822.stm

Only kidding.

Have a Swell day.

2008/2/27 4:21

Re:

Thanks for the link. The main list hasn't been updated it seems, but the England earthquake is on the homepage of that site

Jeannette

2008/2/27 6:18

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

...I pray God shakes the UK out of spiritual slumber and births a mighty revival from heaven. It is out only hope.

I hope so too. Hebrews 12 is so relevant.

But HE, Himself is our real hope!

Psalm 46:[My emphasis]
[color=000000] God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 [i][b]Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof[/b][/i]. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 ¶ The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.[/color]

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/2/27 6:36

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:

25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, [b]Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven[/b].

27And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that [b]are shaken[/b], as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

29For our God is a consuming fire.

I pray God shakes the UK out of spiritual slumber and births a mighty revival from heaven. It is out only hope.

I was just reminded of Revelation 16. Maybe we need the whole passage to get the picture. Whatever the warnings and disasters, however strong the shaking, many will not repent.

I don't believe we are quite at this stage in earth's history - yet.

Though the day is fast approaching.

But we belong to the Kingdom that cannot be shaken!

Revelation 16: [my emphasis]

[color=000000]1 ¶ And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.
2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.
5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.
8 ¶ And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.
9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.
10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and [i][b]they gnawed their tongues for pain,
11 And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds[/b][/i].
12 ¶ And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 [i][b]And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles[/b][/i], which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 [i][b]Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments[/b][/i], lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 ¶ And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
18 And [i][b]there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell[/b][/i]: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: [i][b]and men blasphemed God because of the plague[/b][/i] of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great...[/color]

in Him

Jeannette

2008/2/27 6:41

Thanks for the tip-off Jeannette. These pages can change quite quickly, so I'll just post the URL here:

'The biggest earthquake in the UK for nearly 25 years has shaken homes across large parts of the country.'

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7266136.stm]Earthquake felt across much of UK [/url]

'People in Newcastle, Yorkshire, London, Cumbria, the Midlands, Norfolk and also parts of Wales, felt the tremor just before 0100 GMT.

A man suffered a broken pelvis when a chimney collapsed in South Yorkshire.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) said the epicentre of the 5.3 magnitude quake was near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire...'

More detail in the article, including a map.

That epicentre means the sea-bed would have been shaken to the east of the island, and the tremor on land was felt for over a hundred miles in every direction.

2008/2/27 6:44

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy