Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Site Suggestion

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
BlazedbyGod

Site Suggestion

This is just a site suggestion, but I think it would be a good idea if the site has a place on it that listed Christian Classic Books, preferably antique, but I guess any would suffice.

It would also be cool if possibly a few good online sites to purchase these books were referenced to-sometimes I get weary of using Ebay and Amazon, as to I can't find the book I am looking for sometimes.

This is just a suggestion........ :-)

2008/2/20 19:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Site Suggestion

Quote:
This is just a site suggestion, but I think it would be a good idea if the site has a place on it that listed Christian Classic Books, preferably antique, but I guess any would suffice.

That is a great idea. I would like to make a book recommendation list of perhaps 50 books that everyone who is seriously revival minded that should purchase them. I will pray about assembling this. Perhaps it can just start as a thread but maybe tie it into how to purchase them later on. Great suggestion.

Also on the idea of having a PDF book list.. that could happen in the future also.

2008/2/22 22:19Profile
quentusio

Nashville, TN

Re:

I have a feeling that this thread may become an informal recommendation list. I would like to start with "The Practice of the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence. Whenever I even think about this book it humbles me. It is a very short book. I believe that is because it is entirely gold, silver, and precious stones.

2008/2/22 22:25Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:

That is a great idea. I would like to make a book recommendation list of perhaps 50 books that everyone who is seriously revival minded that should purchase them. I will pray about assembling this. Perhaps it can just start as a thread but maybe tie it into how to purchase them later on. Great suggestion.

Also on the idea of having a PDF book list.. that could happen in the future also.

Amen, sounds like a great idea, especially the PDF book list with then tying into how to actually purchase them. I really look forward to this :-)

2008/2/23 7:38Profile
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Re:

is that book list available?

2009/12/1 10:44Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

You can use sites like Alibris, http://www.alibris.com to find rare/out-of-print books.

http://www.ccel.org has all the "christian classics" you'd hope to read on-line and for free. You can even buy a CD from them that contains all their books so you can use when away from the net.

2009/12/1 11:40Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Also, Christian Books http://www.christianbooks.com sometimes has rare Christian books you can't find on Amazon.

2009/12/1 11:42Profile

here's a start:

[url=http://books.google.com/books?id=PocuAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=the+life+of+brainerd#v=onepage&q=&f=false]The Life of Rev. David Brainerd-Missionary to the Indians 1818 copyright[/url]

one of my favorites.

2009/12/1 11:48
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Site Suggestion

I haven't been to Still Water Revival Books out of Edmonton, Alberta for a few years; however, they are very helpful & gracious people.
Sorry, website is www.swrb.com
Another site that has been a great blessing to me... lots of classics to read & download (a few of my favorites being William Law's "A Serious Call To A Devout & Holy Life", JC Ryle's "Holiness: Its Nature, Hindrances, Difficulties, & Roots... & John Flavel's "On Keeping The Heart") are at www.ccel.org
There is also, Banner Of Truth Trust for purchasing many blessed classics @ www.banneroftruth.org
All's I can say is, "Get ready to grow more in The Lord" :-)
Many blessings
richie

2009/12/1 12:06Profile
dougr777

Atlanta, Georgia

Re:

thanks Greg for compiling a list.

In His Love,
Doug

2009/12/1 13:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.