SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where is Moses commanded not to offer strange fire in the bible in the temple

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Where is Moses commanded not to offer strange fire in the bible in the temple

Moses is told not to offer strange fire does anybody know the passage

Le 10:1 - Show Context
And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.

Is the passage when Nadab and Abihu become cinders?

Also I know that the fire of God was not in the second temple. Can anybody give me evidence to prove this?

This is also a relevant subject for today as many people are creating false fire when gods true fire is the fire that counts, through say natural lighting in say concerts to the lighting of television sets.

I just need some interesting things about the Fire of God. The Fire of God is used

1. Glory
2Ch 7:1 - Show Context
Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.
2. Judgement
Ge 19:24 - Show Context
Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
3. Fire is suppose to burn in Hell
De 32:22 - Show Context
For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.
Fire is in Heaven

There are so many other references

Fire is in Heaven

Isaiah 6:5-8
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; F38 because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. 6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

There would not be coal without a fire

Re 4:5 - Show Context
And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God

Re 8:5 - Show Context
And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

God is an all consuming Fire
De 4:24 - Show Context
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.

De 9:3 - Show Context
Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.

Heb 12:29 - Show Context
For our God is a consuming fire.

Re 1:14 - Show Context
His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

There are other references to fire, why was it that general booth wanted fire.

Mt 3:11 - Show Context
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Fire is so often mentioned with Judgement it is too numerous.

Are we living in an age with false fire

2008/2/20 19:14Profile

Re: Where is Moses commanded not to offer strange fire in the bible in the temple

Quote:
Leviticus 10:1 And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.

Quote:
Numbers 3:4 And Nadab and Abihu died before the LORD, when they offered strange fire before the LORD, in the wilderness of Sinai, and they had no children: and Eleazar and Ithamar ministered in the priest's office in the sight of Aaron their father.

Quote:
Numbers 26:61 And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the LORD.

2008/2/20 20:26
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have these verses it is the ones that tells nadab and abihu not to offer strange fire by MOses, it goes something along the lines that they are not alowed to recreate anointing oil and not strange fire.

2008/2/20 22:00Profile

Re:

This is a very interesting thread, I believe we shall learn a lot from it.

I have heard it suggested (and it does make sense), that the fire on the altar was, during the wilderness wanderings, kindled afresh by the Lord Himself, each time they set up camp in a new place.

Or maybe they also carried some of that special fire with them whenever they broke camp? In that case, Nadab and Abihu seemed not to have bothered to get that fire, but used their own!

[color=990000]22 And Aaron lifted up his hand toward the people, and blessed them, and came down from offering of the sin offering, and the burnt offering, and peace offerings.
23 ¶ And Moses and Aaron went into the tabernacle of the congregation, and came out, and blessed the people: and the glory of the LORD appeared unto all the people.
24 And [i][u]there came a fire out from before the LORD, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat[/u][/i]: which when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.[/color]

The verse you quoted comes immediately aftewards, at the beginning of the next chapter.

[color=990000]1 ¶ And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.[/color]

The preacher who suggested it also pointed out that it is mentioned several times that Abraham erected altars, and stood by them, as if waiting for the Fire to fall. It is never recorded that he lit the fire on his altars, just placed the sacrifice there.

And when he and the Lord cut the covenant (Genesis 15) The Lords put Abraham to sleep and Himself passed, as a burning Presence, between the pieces of the sacrifices (the custom when making a covenant between two people or groups).

[color=990000]9 And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon. 10 And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not...

...17 ¶ And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.[/color]

It is interesting that there seemed to be [i]two[/i] who passed between tho pieces of the sacrifices, (unless the proper translation should be "a smoking furnace, a burning lamp" without the "and". Must look it up if I can...)

The fire of God also fell when Solomon had finished his prayer at the dedication of the Temple (2Chronicles 7:1)[color=990000] Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house.[/color]

After the dedication of the Temple the fire on the altar wasn't lit anew but tended and fed, and a sacrifice put upon it, morning and evening (the "continual burnt offering"). So the fire that was on the altar hundreds of years later, when Solomon's Temple was destroyed, should have been from the same Fire that came down at Solomon's prayer.

The same thing happened when Elijah prayed to the Lord after the prophets of Baal had failed to cause fire to come from heaven.
1Ki 18:38 [color=990000]Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.[/color]

If the suggestion is correct, it means that [b][i]no[/i][/b] other fire should have been kindled, [i][b]except that which God Himself lit[/b][/i]. The priest's job was then to keep it burning.

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/2/21 8:46
psalm1

Re: Where is Moses commanded not to offer strange fire in the bible in the temple

what we have here is leadership with THEIR OWN agenda.

this is a picture of the saints today.

Do we have anything to offer God?
our bodies our life,our ambition,our time,our riches,etc,etc.

But i believe beyond all this is our worship.Fruit of lips. This is the arena of strange fire.

True worship takes the congregation into another realm. It is in this realm that visions ,prophesy,healings,deliverence, and tangeable annointing are manifest.
This was so common when I got saved,but today it is rare.

David

2008/2/21 11:08Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

The only worship pleasing to god is worship started by god!!

2008/2/23 18:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy