Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Teach Us to Wait

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Teach Us to Wait

Teach Us to Wait

Psalm 25:1-5
A Psalm of David.
Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. [2] O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. [3] Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. [4] Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. [5] Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Let us now … each one forget himself, to think of the great company of God, saints throughout the world, who are all with us waiting on Him. And let us all join in fervent prayer for each other, “Let none that wait on Thee be ashamed.”…

Blessed Father! we humbly beseech Thee, Let none that wait on Thee be ashamed; no, not one. Some are weary, and the time of waiting appears long. And some are feeble, and scarcely know how to wait. And some are so entangled in the effort of their prayers and their work, they think that they can find no time to wait continually. Father! teach us all how to wait. Teach us to think of each other. Teach us to think of Thee, the God of all waiting ones. Father! let none that wait on Thee be ashamed. For Jesus’ sake. Amen.

“My soul, wait thou only upon God!”

Andrew Murray, Waiting on God.

2008/2/19 21:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy