Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Locked out'ta the house

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lor_E

Montana USA

Locked out'ta the house

Locked out’ta the house

There is a time to pick up and a time to throw down, a time to dance and a time to refrain from dancing; a time to weep and a time to laugh….

The air was cold as it whipped around my face and made my nose red and numb, I couldn’t wait until I walked into the warm house. I could almost feel the warmth as I stood outside looking for my keys. Yet, as usual they always seem to fall to the bottom of my purse, or my pocket, or whatever else I put them in and make it hard to find. Especially difficult when you hands are full of groceries. Of course I can never carry just a bag or two; I have to grab all of them at the same time, using those with the handles, so by the time I get to the door I feel like I’m carrying fifty pounds of rocks (instead of a gallon of milk and a few other necessities).

Well, isn’t that strange, I mutter to myself, I thought for sure I had stuck my keys in my purse…. Or maybe I put them in my pocket.. No, their not there either. So I set down the groceries, pull of my gloves, search my purse inside and out, feel both jacket pockets all the way to the bottom, see if they are anywhere else on my person. Unfortunately, they are not.

Dread! Frustration! Fear! Emotions of exasperations! Wondering to myself, where did I put those keys? Did I drop them on the ground? Did I leave them in the car, and if I did, how did that happen? I guess I’ll have to call my husband…. Oh boy, that won’t be very much fun… Hi, honey I can’t get into the house; can you drop everything you’re doing and come over and save me?… So firstly, I set the groceries on the doorstep, and retrace my steps; no, they are nowhere in the snow, they’re not under the car, I better check my pockets again. No, there not in my pockets either. My face flushes red, and my eyes well up with tears, I truly hate it when I do something stupid.

I peer into the windows of the car and there on the passenger side seat shines a little key; of course the car is locked.

“Hi, honey?” I try to sound as sweet as I can, “umm…. I .. did something really dumb; I locked my keys in the car.” Of course it’s never much of a good sign when on the other end of the phone is simply dead silence.

“Well, I guess you’re going to have to call the tow truck and have them pop the lock for you then. Go to the neighbor’s house, they’ll have a phone book and a warm place to wait.” (I couldn’t really tell very much from the tone of voice; but it was probably the best suggestion.)

Anyway, forty dollars later I had my keys in my hand; and as I put the key into the door a thought struck me… when the door was shut, there was no coming in; and no matter how much I pounded on the door, no one would answer it.

“When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door saying: “Lord, Lord, open unto us,” and He shall answer and say unto you, “I know you not whence you are.”

Lord, help me to be watchful, observant, willing to hear Your correction, situated to keep the precious keys You have given me to Your kingdom, carefully watching over my lamp that it might remain full, prudently coming to You with my every care (unafraid, as You always have the best advice!), and most of all help me to keep the door of my heart always open to You.

2008/2/19 19:26Profile

Re: Locked out'ta the house

Sis, as I read this, I kept thinking - "The Key is under The Rock".

I myself feel safe under The Rock. How safe I feel.

But I thought that, because we keep a house key under a rock outdoors, because we're chicken heads - but it led to thinking of our ROCK. Psa 94:22 But the LORD is my defense; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

LORD Bless you this winter.

2008/2/21 12:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy