SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mega Church Money?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DesiJr

Mega Church Money?

I was watching the Superbowl with my brothers last month and realized that it would be a great opportunity to place an ad during this time to reach such a huge amount of people.

Why don't big churches with multi-million dollar budgets place national ads with the simple Gospel message without hidden agendas or church growth programs?

The obvious answer would be because it woudn't directly benefit their ministry. The only "christian" advertising you see nationally is the Chruch of Jesus Christ for Latter Day Saints. But again... this is because it will benefit their main church. All local money goes to their main church.

I would encourage you to start something in your local community. Putting ads in the local paper, running some online advertising through your local tv and radio stations... ONLY PREACHING THE CROSS....without a tie back to our local churches, or calling them to commit to something of man. Let the Spirit work on their heart and draw them to Christ...through the simple preaching of the cross. The Spirit of God will plug them in.

This is a great example of what I'm talking about:

If someone sees an internet ad...proclaiming the gospel message. The user then clicks on the ad...then it takes them to a page like this:

www.HeGaveMeLife.com

On this page..there is nothing but scripture ... no opinions...no commentary...just scripture.

But of course mega church mentality would beg the question....well what's in it for me?

Nothing

2008/2/18 12:21Profile
repentcanada

Re: Mega Church Money?

they love money more than God?

2008/2/18 13:42Profile

Re:

Actually, a couple years ago one of the "mega-churches" in this area mailed out the Jesus movie on DVD to everyone who lives in a 5 county area. There was only an address and contact number for church in case anyone had questions about salvation. No push to visit them, or anything.

While I have some doctrinal issues with this particular church, I do commend them for the outreach they did. I thought it was wonderful.

Krispy

2008/2/18 14:42
repentcanada

Re:

that is good to hear Krispy

2008/2/18 15:48Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

These are strictly my thoughts. I've not studied or prayed about it, but I don't see why a church [i]should[/i] do this.

Jesus is not a product to be bought or sold. I don't think He needs advertising, at least not with the world's methods. The advertising He wants is through the living example of our lives. That's what's going to make people take notice. Why should the world respond to a television advertisement for Christianity if they don't see Christians living it themselves?

There's also the subject of stewardship when it comes to money. The millions of dollars it would take to produce, shoot and air the commercial is ludicrous. That money would be better spent on more lasting things like the support of missionaries, helping a neighboring church fix their roof, taking care of the poor and the elderly, equipping start-up churches in countries that don't have the money to do it themselves, etc., These are all, in my opinion, more lasting investments in eternity than a commercial.

2008/2/18 19:51Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Mega Church Money?

Media and marketing to the masses have not been
successful as forms of evangelism. The lone
exception is Billy Graham's ministry which has
never been about soft-peddling or hard-selling
the gospel. Jesus won't be bought or sold as
a commodity. That would cheapen His great love
and His sacrifice for us!!

2008/2/18 20:49Profile
DesiJr

Re:

I think your missing my point. The point was that it's so rare to hear the True Gospel message...in the church...much less in the world.

"While we were still sinners...Christ died for the ungodly."

A simple message of Truth....aired during prime time radio...internet or television while people are browsing around the garbage. Or even a small ad in the local paper calling people to heed the conviction of sin in their heart.

Keep in mind..not sponsored by a church or having people call a 1-800 number or inviting them to a church....just the Truth of the Word in the midst of the world...in addition to your life as an example of Christ....in addition to your tithes and offerings...in addition to your acts of service towards the brothers...in addition to your evangelizing at work and a home.

www.hegavemelife.com

2008/2/18 21:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy