SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please pray for Jordan

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Quote:
AND THERE IS ALWAYS GOD!

Brother, what a moving story you have shared with us. And how much more my heart goes out to Jordan (and Matthew and Johnna) after hearing these things. But praise God that in spite of a difficult start in life, He has turned it all around for them by placing them in your care. So now, instead of the crack house, they will know the Lord’s house. And once again I have to return to Romans 8:28. All the drama and chaos of those years brother, all the emotional ups and downs, and now look what the Lord has done for these children.

But I have to ask, what has happened to your daughter? Does she see the children?

God bless you for your openness to share these things with us here.

Danielle

2008/2/29 20:43Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Quote:
But I have to ask, what has happened to your daughter? Does she see the children?

I feel a little embarrassed that I have shared so much... kind of got carried away. God has been very good to me and along with the burdens there have been so many, many victories that God and God alone has brought about.

As for the mother, Carmen is in a rest home not far from Baton Rouge. I have taken Johnna to see her and she has also seen Jordan on a couple of my trips to Baton Rouge to see a pulmonologist there. But Matt hardly remembers her at all and has expressed no interest in seeing her. It is perhaps a strange situation from an outsider's view, but my youngest daughter is "momma" to Johnna and Matt since she was still at home and unmarried when I first got custody of Johnna, and newly married when I got Matt. Her husband is Uncle, and I am Dad... I don't know how it works, but it works and they are perfectly fine with sharing time at my youngest daughter's house and mine and my dear son-in-law is one of the most precious Christians I know in fulfilling whatever role he needs to fill and offering the greatest of support for his wife's role toward the children and mine also. They have a little 19 month old of their own now (she does not have Huntington's) and he is little brother/cousin to the three of them.

ONLY GOD could work out all of this and bring the harmony and peace and happiness and adjustment that there is in these children, and I am so thankful He has.

My oldest daughter is in the terminal stages of Huntington's now. Sadly there was never any real relationship with the children because of total self absorbtion, and so there is very little comprehension and sadness regarding her condition on their part. As hard as it is to comprehend perhaps, even while her oldest son had cancer, she only went to see him two times during all those years in and out of the hospitals and that was at the urging of others. So their concern is for her eternal soul.

I have prayed for her and talked to her for all these years and she has expressed to me that she is now praying. To be quite honest, I do not know just how much capacity for repentance and faith she has, I can only live with hope that somehow God in His mercy will bring her to the comprehension she needs in order to be saved.

Since she has been put in a rest home (shortly after Jordan was injured) on medication that makes her much more stable, she now expresses some concern with what is happening with the children. She does not ask to see them, but does ask for me to come and see her. My youngest daughter and my youngest son also visit her as well as my neice.

I hope this was not too much information... but then I feel that even this is inadequate information to explain the situation... Prayer is the only key and only hope for her.

And again I thank God for those who have prayed for Jordan, for the church and for my family.

I must say this also. I know there is a vast difference between suffering the consequences of being in a fallen and sinful world versus suffering for Christ like so many have who have lost children and wives and loved ones in mission work. I read their stories and hear their messages and blush at the comments that some have made about my "suffering". Theirs is willingly marching into the battle living or dying in the process. I cannot compare and do not. Mine has been a rather reluctant character thrown into these situations not knowing how or what to do except call upon God, but knowing also that it was what "had" to be done at the time. And thank God He has faithfully brought me through with the help and grace provided through a supportive church and my youngest daughter and her husband.

As Andre Crouch's song says, "through it all, I've learned to trust in Jesus, I've learned to trust in God". Whatever it takes, may God get glory in my life.

Clint

2008/2/29 22:39Profile

Re:

Brother Clint - so glad Danielle was able to get you to post more. Grateful for her sensitivity.

My first job was in a Hospital as a N.A. at 16.
I've always prefered "service" jobs with the public. By that - I've met all types that were undergoing one thing or another.

Some use their trials to draw inward and it does not produce compassion for others through it, but just more self-protection and self-centeredness.

Others - and especially those with the testimony of Christ, are those few we can't possibly hear enough from.

Thank you for being an encouragement to the rest of us, through sharing the heart of Christ with us through your story.

May His Love richly Bless you and yours.
Thank you for letting His Love bless ours.

Sincerely.

2008/3/1 6:58

Re: Please pray for Jordan

Bro Clint said

Quote:
But he sees, he hears very well, and he loves and smiles and makes his little presence known everywhere we go. And God has taught this unworthy servant sooo much by the loving dependance of the child.

Quote:
God has been very good to me and along with the burdens there have been so many, many victories that God and God alone has brought about.

Please don't be embarrassed about sharing. I am grateful for the additional understanding of your situation. Thank you. Your posts are always tender, and now we know why that is so. It sounds as if you are doing a great work, there, in several young people's lives.

2008/3/3 17:29

Re:

Quote:

broclint wrote:

I feel a little embarrassed that I have shared so much... kind of got carried away. God has been very good to me and along with the burdens there have been so many, many victories that God and God alone has brought about.

Brother, it seems to me that those who are going through the most trials often keep quieter about it than those whose problems are less!

It is good that it spilled out unawares in the end. Maybe the Lord held you back for a good reason. But now the time has come to share...

Quote:
ONLY GOD could work out all of this and bring the harmony and peace and happiness and adjustment that there is in these children, and I am so thankful He has.

That's wonderful!

Quote:
My oldest daughter is in the terminal stages of Huntington's now. Sadly there was never any real relationship with the children because of total self absorbtion, and so there is very little comprehension and sadness regarding her condition on their part. As hard as it is to comprehend perhaps, even while her oldest son had cancer, she only went to see him two times during all those years in and out of the hospitals and that was at the urging of others. So their concern is for her eternal soul.

I have prayed for her and talked to her for all these years and she has expressed to me that she is now praying. To be quite honest, I do not know just how much capacity for repentance and faith she has, I can only live with hope that somehow God in His mercy will bring her to the comprehension she needs in order to be saved.

Brother, dementia, sickness, lack of understanding or of a sound mind are no barrier to the Holy Spirit! As testified on a couple of threads here, I have seen folk respond spiritually, even when their minds were completely gone.

Huntingdons is a horrible condition, and some of your daughter's behaviour may be as much to do with the illness as with any rebellion against God on her part.

Continuing in prayer for you all

Love in Him

Jeannette

2008/3/7 17:27
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Jordan

Dear Brother,

There are some things that come through here that honesty just requires holding back an impulse of saying something just for the sake of saying it, though the articulation of an expression seems impossible to put into words.

Brother, I think it happens here more often than we might know. Some matters are so profound, so thought provoking they just seem to have little or no response.

Found much of this throughout the times you have written and asked for prayer for Jordan and even now ... it is only this much, this otherwise mention that I cannot find adequate words.

I thank God you have come to this ... this odd assortment of disciples dear brother. My sincerest prayers and love.

2008/3/7 23:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

dorcas wrote:

Please don't be embarrassed about sharing. I am grateful for the additional understanding of your situation. Thank you. Your posts are always tender, and now we know why that is so. It sounds as if you are doing a great work, there, in several young people's lives.

AMEN!!!

2008/3/8 7:37
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Quote:
Brother Mike: I thank God you have come to this ... this odd assortment of disciples dear brother. My sincerest prayers and love.

Quote:
Sister Jeannette: Brother, dementia, sickness, lack of understanding or of a sound mind are no barrier to the Holy Spirit! As testified on a couple of threads here, I have seen folk respond spiritually, even when their minds were completely gone.

Quote:
Sister Linn: Please don't be embarrassed about sharing. I am grateful for the additional understanding of your situation.

Quote:
Sister Annie: Thank you for being an encouragement to the rest of us, through sharing the heart of Christ with us through your story.

Thank all of you for your very kind words and encouragement and most of all for your prayers. I am grateful for the privilege of being a part of this “odd assortment of disciples”. Amazing to find so many precious souls with an apparent hunger and thirst for the truth in Christ. I have a very blessed sense of fellowship with so many of you even though not having seen you face to face. Sort of have to use the imagination like we do when reading about the characters in the Bible; we may not know their face, but can know their faith and spirit.

Thank you Sister Jeannette for those words of hope and all the rest of you. My oldest son has Huntington’s also but his reaction has been very different, thank God. He is still able to work with my youngest son in what was until 4 years ago the family business (ceramic tile contracting) when I turned it all over to the sons as I began to fill in for our late pastor full time. He has worked in that line of business for most of his adult life and so the repetition of familiar tasks has made it easier for him to continue working. He is devoted to his one daughter. But He still needs prayer and certainly my youngest son who runs the business needs prayer because of the stress of watching his brother only a little over a year older than him deteriorating daily before him.

One of the reasons I felt a little embarrassed in sharing all of this especially online is because I do not by any means want to be thought of as some sort of heroic figure for dealing with something that is the common lot of so many in this suffering world. I recently heard Brother Wilkerson preach on the subject of afflictions from the text from Psalm 119 where David thanks God for afflictions that kept him from going astray. And I can testify to the fact that there is no doubt in my mind that pride and arrogance and impatience and a whole host of carnal slime would have been my daily lot had not God allowed some of the fires of affliction to drive me to my knees and expose so much of the corruption within.

There may be far worse things to face in the future and some that are inevitable should I live long enough, are more than I want to contemplate, but this I know, my Savior committed no sin, had no guile, uttered no threats, and yet He suffered horribly for my sake. I, on the other hand have sinned horribly, rebelled against love, and have failed miserably even after being so wonderfully rescued from my sins. God forbid that I take some glory for suffering far less than so many that have so willingly walked into the dens of demons to rescue precious souls. Brother Ravenhill’s message on the Judgment Seat of Christ regarding works being burned up stirs my soul to do more than merely endure the results of the fallen world, I long to indentify with Christ in the rescue of the perishing whatever that may cost.

Clint

2008/3/9 23:24Profile

Re:

Bless GOD!

2008/3/9 23:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy