SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : False Doctrines in the church!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theevangelist

United States Of America

False Doctrines in the church!!!

What are your feelings about Brother Donnie Swaggart preaching out against ministers who are caught up int the message of prosperity or "greed" doctrine and the "Jesus died spiritually" doctrine? Do you feel there should be more ministers to speak out against false doctrines, or should they just be silent and pray?

2003/8/5 13:52Profile
laholmes

Re: False Doctrines in the church!!!

I have not had a chance to read or listen to any of his work. However, all ministers are called to speak out against the evil in the world. I am leary, though, af anyone whose ministry is entirely negative in nature. The prophets of old continued to speak of God's goodness.

2003/8/5 15:17Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

If you get the chance, go to [url=www.jsm.org]Jimmy Swaggart Ministries[/url]. He has some sermons under Real Audio/Video archive. You can hear both Donnie and Jimmy's latest sermons within the past year.

2003/8/5 15:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
He has some sermons under Real Audio/Video archive.

I went about 6 months back and watched abit of one of the Videos of there church service. And Jimmy Swaggart was talking about this dream he had that he was slaying a dragon, and he went on and on.. and the whole spirit of it seemed definetly false to me.. The Holy Spirit in me didn't bare witness at all. To sum it up.. 'it seemed quite creepy and I wouldn't feel safe in that church'.

Quote:
What are your feelings about Brother Donnie Swaggart preaching out against ministers who are caught up int the message of prosperity or "greed" doctrine and the "Jesus died spiritually" doctrine? Do you feel there should be more ministers to speak out against false doctrines, or should they just be silent and pray?

I am doubtful that many people will listen to these preachers that are preaching against things that they indulged in somewhat before hand. I think that the TSC (Times Square Church) ministry with Carter Colon and David Wilkerson have taken a stand and make it public to the ENTIRE nation and part of the world that there are many false doctrines that are prevading the Church of Jesus Christ. These are days that we really need to seek the Lord and not even listen to your take heed to 'false christs' and 'false teachers'. I recommend you listen to the following message:

[url=http://www.therevivalweneed.com/xoops/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2]Another Gospel by David Wilkerson (A Powerful rebuke against the prosperity teachings and false teachings in North America today.)[/url]

2003/8/5 15:38Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
The Holy Spirit in me didn't bare witness at all. To sum it up.. 'it seemed quite creepy and I wouldn't feel safe in that church'.

I'm sorry sir but if you can say that, you don't know the Spirit of God. Neither would you know what spirit you are of. And just in case you don't listen to them, both Bro. Wilkerson and Bro. Swaggart have been preaching the similar messages about every week. They both preach the Cross and the Blood, and yes, I have heard Another Gospel by David Wilkerson (A Powerful rebuke against the prosperity teachings and false teachings in North America today.)

2003/8/5 15:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy