SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Xoops 'Articles' module being developed.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Xoops 'Articles' module being developed.

EDIT: the work has been completed and you can see the new section here:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/]Articles[/url][/b]

---

Just to let everyone know I am paying $100US for a russian programmer to develop an module for the Xoops www.xoops.org CMS which SermonIndex runs on. For example the 'downloads' area is powered by the downloads module. Right now I have the articles section up but its not part of the main site portal script and the way it is coded, it is running pretty slow on this server:
https://www.sermonindex.net/text/

So hopefully when its developed as an Xoops module it will load much quicker like anypart of the site and then I will continue to add to the database of articles! There are already over 2000 and my prayer and hope is to get it up to 10k in the next month or two, and in a year or abit more have it up to 50k articles of older classic preachers. I am very excited about this facet of the site and it will prove to be a very good resource!

Another great twist on making it an xoops module is I can offer it as open-source to the Xoops community and there are many other Christian sites who can use the module and have [b]instantly[/b] 10k + articles on their site! Imagine the possibilities if 10 or even 100 add the module. I praise God for the opportunity to spread His word in these days of famine.

2004/6/11 0:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Xoops 'Articles' module being developed.

I have begun to correspond back and forth with the coder. Please pray that he does a good job and the Lord blesses him with knoweldge to do it well. I'm excited about getting this feature of the site going well.

2004/6/11 11:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have begun to correspond back and forth with the coder. Please pray that he does a good job and the Lord blesses him with knoweldge to do it well. I'm excited about getting this feature of the site going well.

Thank you saints for your prayers. The coder has done a GREAT job there are just a few small glitches to take care of but essentially its live. So now the articles script is part of the XOOPS database and working great! 8-) It's amazing that I only payed $100USD for such a good job. praise God. You can see the section live here:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/]Articles[/url][/b]

!!

2004/6/16 11:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thank you saints for your prayers. The coder has done a GREAT job there are just a few small glitches to take care of but essentially its live.

Most of the glitches are fixed there is just the meta data include to be fixed but the section is totally live and functioning! enjoy!!

2004/6/17 12:54Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Wow Greg,

Great job you guy's did here!
It's all but over for me, I may never sleep again!

2004/6/17 13:05Profile
Matthew2323

Colorado

Re: Articles

Greg,

How do you get articles onto your web page? Unfortunately I didn't understand much of this thread, other than, "the articles are now available".

Do you reformat articles, or do you need a link to another web page?

If you are looking for material, The Hall of Church History has numerous articles and links to "old" sermons.
[url=http://www.gty.org/~phil/hall.htm]Hall of Church History[/url]

Also, a brother in Texas has some of Richard Owen Roberts' pamphlets on-line, as well as a Henry Blackaby sermon series on the cross from the Cedars of Lebanon conference.
[url=http://www.txdirect.net/~tgarner/mainpage.htm]Texan Page[/url]

I hope you can use some of these sermons.

God bless your efforts,
Matthew

2004/6/17 15:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
How do you get articles onto your web page? Unfortunately I didn't understand much of this thread, other than, "the articles are now available".

Thank you brother, I have amased many from different sites that have public domain materials. I have also gotten some from books, and articles I have here. I hope to build this up to 10,000 articles in the next month or so. I am excited to be bridged out in this area to not only offer audio sermons but text sermons as well.

2004/6/17 16:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy