Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : This is a hard saying -

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
bluinos

Re: "A wonderful and horrible thing"

Quote:
Joe 3:14-17 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.

Excellent verse like in the day of Kadesh.

2008/3/3 17:00Profile

Re:

Amen.

Psa 29:7 The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
Psa 29:8 [b]The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness; the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh. [/b]
Psa 29:9 The voice of the LORD maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.
Psa 29:10 The LORD sitteth upon the flood; yea, the LORD sitteth King forever.
Psa 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

1Pe 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Cross-references from TSK on Psa 29:8 -

shaketh: Psa_18:7, Psa_46:3; Job_9:6; Isa_13:13; Joe_3:16; Hag_2:6, Hag_2:21; Heb_12:26,27

Kadesh: Num_13:26

Strong's -

H6946
קדשׁ
qâdêsh
kaw-dashe'
The same as H6945; sanctuary; Kadesh, a place in the Desert: - Kadesh.

2008/3/3 17:35
psalm1

Re:

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

The cup of the Lord is bitter/sweet.

The cup of the carnal christian is not fit for man or beast. This cup has a mixture.
It is like taking a nice glass of milk and then pouring in just a little coke,and a little mustard, a little ketchup,orange juice.

A little leven leavens the whole lump.

To submit to God wholeheartedly and not look back will bring the believer into such and adventure the story almost cannot be told.

.......but....the bitter part is so bitter.(is this why David found comfort is God's rod?)

The good news is IT IS WORTH IT AND THEN SOME!!!

David

2008/3/4 10:03Profile

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

The cup of the Lord is bitter/sweet.

Psalm 46:
[color=000000]God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6 ¶ The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.[/color]

Quote:
The cup of the carnal christian is not fit for man or beast. This cup has a mixture.
It is like taking a nice glass of milk and then pouring in just a little coke,and a little mustard, a little ketchup,orange juice.

A little leven leavens the whole lump.

This amused me because one gentleman I visit for the Alzheimer's Society likes to make me tea (usually two, or even occasionally three, mugs, and I have to drink it all!) He got mixed up one day and put some of his fruit drink in it. The milk was curdled and it tasted very strange!

Quote:
To submit to God wholeheartedly and not look back will bring the believer into such and adventure the story almost cannot be told.

.......but....the bitter part is so bitter.(is this why David found comfort in God's rod?)

The good news is IT IS WORTH IT AND THEN SOME!!!

David

AMEN! Like the Lord Himself who "for the [i][b]joy[/b][/i] that was set before him endured the cross..."

in Him

Jeannette

2008/3/15 15:02
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hbr 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Mar 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things [are] possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.

This cup was set before Him, what was in it?

In this cup was the sin of you and me and all that exists on earth that is UnGodly. What was set before Him was, He had to drink this cup with the sin of the world in it. The only perfect body of sacrifice that could contain all this horrible sin, in a body that knew no sin.

Just like He died for the sin of the whole world in that cup, us being in that cup, we also are now dead to sin because of His Cross.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When His dead head fell on dead shoulders of His dead body, the death of sin that He drank in the cup, we died to sin because of His obedience. How should we feel when we are disobedient? Are we as sorry for our sin as He was?

Praise God for that cup, if it were not for the cup, none of us would be in Him and He would not be in us.

In that cup, now dead to sin, by His great love for us: Phillip

2008/3/15 23:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy