SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Long time no post...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Long time no post...

Hey everyone...it's been over four months since I last posted...a lots happened in that time.
I don't know what the truth is, but I wager that someone on this forum might have it. And in the event no one does then I wager God could direct whoever does to read this post.

If you remember, there was a girl who posted here named Melanie, aka HopePurifies. If your memory is especially good (and you read the profiles) you'll recall that we were planning on being married.
Melanie has apostated, even more than me. She's not only apostated from Christianity, but from reason and objective morality. I don't know how to properly describe her. The best way to put it is extreme laziness and sensuality. She broke up with me and has entered into an immoral relationship with another guy. She curses, is into some goth stuff and is on/off suicidal. Parties, drinks, who knows what else. She doesn't care about God. She was an atheist until I convinced her that was stupid...now she believes in Plato's God (that is to say, a God who is not a person). She told me her life is void of Judeo/Christian ethics. Just understand how much I love her.

If you have an even better memory, you'll recall a thread I made a long time ago about my cousin Victoria (titled "Please pray for my cousin"). She's gone through, what, 2 or 3 boyfriends since then and has settled on some doof almost 2 years her juniour. She's 18/19 he's 17. They sleep together and she said they don't always use condoms. She's afraid she is pregnant. She said she'll kill herself before she breaks up with him.

She told me she is 100% sure hell is real. She is also 100% sure she is going there. She doesn't care...what are you supposed to say to that?

Life wasn't supposed to be like this.

2008/2/13 22:04Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: Long time no post...

Wow brother, I wish I was there to wrap my arms around you, and give a great big hug.

I will be praying for all of you, and if you need to, please do not hesitate to e-mail me, or PM me. I would love to listen.

God's grace to you dear brother, and please know you are loved.

2008/2/13 22:18Profile
caldwell1

Rockland MA

Hey Brother

I remember when you guys would post last year sometime and I will pray God draws you close through this and I will pray for Melanie too,But it's just nice to see your name and read your post brother!

Blessings
Brian

2008/2/13 22:19Profile
psalm1

hey bro, sorry bout the girlfriend thing.

If you are really going flat out for God you will not let too many people sit up to the table with you.
Eagles fly alone. But if you must have a wife then you will have to choose more wisely.

Be led of the spirit and ask God to bring you the right one.
Now if you really ,really want Gods best you will exercise a little patience.

Trust God to bring right circumstances in your life.

When you see a potential companion, watch closely. Does she listen to christian music when by herself?
Is she a giver or a taker.?
Is she merciful or a policeman?

Read genesis and ask yourself "why did God create woman?"

Find a couple of older saints that are sold out to Jesus and let them steady you and counsel you.
Read psalm one and claim it over your life.

This sounds cold blooded but I think it is good she is not in your life anymore.

also the saints on si are good counsel

God bless you!

David

2008/2/13 22:43Profile

Hi Nile, this news is very very sad. Hit really hard inside.

We have and are praying.

I don't know what your first paragraph means by "I don't know what the truth is", but still praying you'll find it.

God have mercy please.

2008/2/14 3:24
davym

Hi Nile

Sorry to hear what happened. I'm quite new to the site, but what you said struck a cord with me because I see this happening a lot in churches.

I have no real idea of your situation and could be way off the mark, but have experienced so many similar stories that I was wondering if the scenario below may in some way relate to you.

You said Melanie is 18/19. Brother, this is very young and the world can seem appealing to us at that age. Melanie has probably met with new philosophies and ideas that have tripped her up on her walk with God. Satan is a master at this. If I was to say one thing about many Christians (and this includes myself), it's that they underestimate the power and subtlety of Satan. He possibly saw what you two had as a relationship and set about to destroy it. We can't comprehend the hatred Satan has for our souls as born again believers.

Keep pressing on Brother and keep praying for Melanie.

God bless

Dave

2008/2/14 4:14Profile
BVO

ohio

Re:Long time no post

There is something that you said Nile that struck me. "Life is not supposed to be like this" WOW, WOW A zillion times WOW.
That is the history of the world. Think of God's heart with wandering and whoring Israel. Think of your sin and mine and what it cost Jesus. God is sovereign and omniscient, but I can almost here Him saying through the bible- "It's not supposed to be like this" He created us in Him very own image and for fellowship with Him. How His heart breaks when people will love this world and the things of this world and even the people of this world more than Him. Love the Lord your God and seek His glory in all you do and He will direct your paths and place those in and remove those from your life that are not profitable for that goal. Like what has already been said, continue to pray for her as she is living lost and God still loves her. I pray that you will get through your current trial and come out on the other side leaner and greater in the Lord. Praise God! Love Barry

2008/2/14 6:15Profile

Hi Nile,

I'm glad to see you back here, also. :-) And sorry to hear about your romance. If I may say so, I believe your generation have a different set of difficulties to negotiate, because loss of virginity is so easily asquired; - it gives you all the impression that virginity is worth nothing and means nothing, when in fact, it's preservation is worth fighting for like a prize to be obtained at all costs because what it brings to marriage [u]is[/u] worth much more than this world of sin would admit (or knows).

When you both came here first, I was impressed at how much doctrine and theology you both seemed to know - for young believers - as it is not a part of Christianity.... to know how it works.... although there are some key truths which make all the difference to batting away the kind of nonsense the enemy would float into the unrenewed mind.

However, to meditate upon the spiritual truths of Israel's (many-times-broken) relationship with God, and then the New Covenant in His own blood - which cleanses from [i]all[/i] sin - is to begin to appreciate the depth of holiness which God bestows upon those He has purchased - His Church.

There are many barriers to apprehending these realities, but they can be, as we [i]press[/i] for the completion for which we have trusted ourselves to Christ - His choices and His rest.

Forgive my rambling....

2008/2/15 12:44
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Nile...

I'm praying for you. I'm praying for Melanie too.

Be encouraged: Matthew 11:28-30

:-)

2008/2/15 13:35Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Quote:
Hey everyone...it's been over four months since I last posted...a lots happened in that time.
I don't know what the truth is, but I wager that someone on this forum might have it. And in the event no one does then I wager God could direct whoever does to read this post.

nile,

i was going to write a bunch of stuff but the Lord has stopped that. so all i can say is that i will pray for you right now and that melanie repent and come back to God (and also for your cousin who's 18/19 years old).

i would encourage you to seek Him and really get to know Him, not just doctrines about Him. it really hurt my heart to see what you wrote in the thread 4 months back about Jesus not being your God. i would encourage you to humble your heart and seek God daily that He would open your eyes to what He desires for you to see and not what your friends (who showed you the articles about that) say to you, but what He shows you through His wonderful word. and i will praise God in advance for the wisdom and understanding that i believe He will open up to you about Himself and to any heart that is sincerly seeking and desiring Him alone, and not to win an arguement or for doctine alone, but for knowing Him in experience. that Jesus may be your all in all.

in love,
phil

2008/2/15 14:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy