SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : How to Handle Gossip, Slander and Discord

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Hello,

It seems your new here. Welcome to SI.

Quote:
Now who's being the gossip here in these three examples? It looks as though you!

These are not real stories... only examples. Although I may be misinterpreting what you are saying. Maybe you are saying that if this were a real example it would be gossip? (edit: That's probably what you mean.. )

Thanks, Josh! That was exactly what I was going say. :-)

Heismypeace,

I also welcome you to SI! If you want to you can introduce yourself, [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=13&4164]here[/url].

The articles I posted were written on a church blog. As Josh said, they were just examples and not real life situations with real names (Except for the Hatfields and McCoys and that was just an example).

I agree with you, to use actual names to give examples of gossip IS gossip!

Thanks for your interaction here on SI...please do introduce yourself. 8-)

2008/2/29 18:08

Re:

Quote:

Roniya wrote:
Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Hello,

It seems your new here. Welcome to SI.

Quote:
Now who's being the gossip here in these three examples? It looks as though you!

These are not real stories... only examples. Although I may be misinterpreting what you are saying. Maybe you are saying that if this were a real example it would be gossip? (edit: That's probably what you mean.. )

Thanks, Josh! That was exactly what I was going say. :-)

Heismypeace,

I also welcome you to SI! If you want to you can introduce yourself, [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=13&4164]here[/url].

The articles I posted were written on a church blog. As Josh said, they were just examples and not real life situations with real names (Except for the Hatfields and McCoys and that was just an example).

I agree with you, to use actual names to give examples of gossip IS gossip!

Thanks for your interaction here on SI...please do introduce yourself. 8-)

Maybe I should repeat what I just posted on the last sentence of my post:

"Now who's being the gossip here in these three examples? It looks as though you!..."

2008/2/29 20:05

Re:

Another words if this is what you practice than it is you that is guilty. Is this what you practice in your church?

2008/2/29 20:25

Re:

Well I don't have all day long to wait for your response while your logging in and logging out so I will come back later. Chew on it for awhile ok? By the way how do you have so much time to care for the backyard of others while your on this forum all day? You keep logging in and logging out and you haven't even posted anything? :-o

:-P :-P :-P

2008/2/29 20:48

Re:

This has been a very good thread that I have been enjoying. I was receiving from every post a bit of more wisdom on how to handle things.

"Heismypeace" - Blessed are the peace makers.

How is "HE" your peace ?

I would go back a page and read the article posted by Preachparsly about "Don't Argue".

And we do appreciate when new members give a small intro before posting comments - we all appreciate that.

Thank you to all else who have posted here.

Annie

2008/2/29 20:51

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
This has been a very good thread that I have been enjoying. I was receiving from every post a bit of more wisdom on how to handle things.

"Heismypeace" - Blessed are the peace makers.

How is "HE" your peace ?

I would go back a page and read the article posted by Preachparsly about "Don't Argue".

And we do appreciate when new members give a small intro before posting comments - we all appreciate that.

Thank you to all else who have posted here.

Annie

Because He is peace! How does he reign in your life HE_Reigns? I would encourage you to be led of the spirit and stop judging me by saying that I am arguing and He will be your peace too!

This thread is nothing but stuffy legalism. They that are led by the spirit of God are the sons of God.

I really don't have time for this you can close my account. I need to be about my Father's business. :-)

Enjoy logging in and logging off! 8-) What a life!!!!!!!!!!!

2008/2/29 21:06

Re:

But the article I recommended wasn't 'just' about arguing. It was very good in many ways - just for one on this thread - that many of us have benefited from.

Do you have a reason for being so cynical?

I don't see why. I suppose neither did some others.

Can we help? People "log in and out" many times because there are thousands of articles on here - both in text and audio/video and "comments" can be made about how the person enjoyed them.
You will see people "logging in and out" all day and night for that reason. And many never post on the Forum.

Maybe that helps?

It helps us to avail ourselves of these sermons here. Will enjoy them while we still can. It is a "good life" still - Thank The LORD of GLORY.

2008/2/29 21:12

Re:

Folks, I believe "HeismyPeace" is being used by the Lord as a [i]practical exercise[/i] in the subject of this thread!

"How to handle Gossip, [i]Slander[/i] and Discord".

Proverbs 6:
[color=990000]16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.[/color]

Jeannette

2008/3/1 16:55

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
Folks, I believe "HeismyPeace" is being used by the Lord as a [i]practical exercise[/i] in the subject of this thread!

Proverbs 6:
[color=990000]16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.[/color]

Jeannette

Or maybe the other way around??? ;-)

2008/3/3 14:19

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:

Proverbs 6:

Jeannette

Here's something to cheer you up sister!!

([i]Removed by moderator[/i])

LOVE YA!!! :-D Don't be mad! :-)

2008/3/3 14:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy