SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are we oppressing the poor?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Good message brother.

I was just enjoying your website also.

I smiled when I saw George Mueller.

He taught finances best - hey? :-)

We can't 'out-give' GOD. It's been tried and proven. When you give your last penny away in obedience to His Voice, your needs will still be met, and usually miraculously.

GOD Bless!

I visited a new church a couple of Sundays ago, I was confused and wondered why they didn't pass the offering plate around! Once the service was over as I was walking out I noticed a wooded box on the wall, label contributions. I immediately thought of George Mueller...he did the same thing. It spoke volumes to me about their faith and trust in the Lord.

Thanks for checking the blog out.

Blessings
Mike

2008/2/20 8:11

Re:

Good post Brother. That's how we used to do it also. George and Hudson Taylor and those like them. The way they did it in the Temple and first Church.

Anyhow ....... Thank you for this thread and your posts & site & witness Mike.

2008/2/20 8:16

Re:

Quote:
p.s. reformer do you have a link to that sermon?

http://www.fleebabylon.com/audio/sheep_and_goats.mp3
Its called Sheep and the Goats by David Servant

I listened to it from this blog:http://www.fleebabylon.com/

Sorry it took so long!

2008/2/20 8:16

Re:

Quote:

changed4ever wrote:
why do you think Jesus made a point of saying that the poor would be with us always. Was it that this condition of poverty was an inevitable outcome sin or was it that the human condition would not comprehend that poverty was not God's doing. ?
Furthermore, are we not all poor, who do not comprehend what is the exceeding greatness of his will toward us.
Could you not say, that the poor are oppressed of their own refusal to learn of the goodness of God toward them.
It is all there if they really want it.

Yes we will always have the poor with us, but Jesus didn't mean it to be sarcastic or to ignore the poor. He wanted the disciples to know He was only going to be here a short time...you will always have the poor, but I am going to the Father...you won't have me in person.

Proverbs tells us to help deliver the person fro there poverty.

If you are going to blame a infant baby or child for there condition and say that is their fault...you are sadly misguided in your thoughts. Christ is strongly opposed to oppressing the poor...read through the minor prophets, especially Amos, Hosea, and Micah...God warns and judge His people for there sinful business practices and oppressing the poor.

Amos 8
1Thus hath the Lord GOD shewed unto me: and behold a basket of summer fruit.

2And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more.

3And the songs of the temple shall be howlings in that day, saith the Lord GOD: there shall be many dead bodies in every place; they shall cast them forth with silence.

4Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,

5Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?

6That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?

2008/2/20 8:39

Re:

Quote:

Katy-did wrote:

Quote:
Yes, I believe so. I believe we or at least the US is oppressing the poor. First it was the Native Americans being killed off and made to make missions and then it was the Africans and now it is to others like China and Thailand and so on. There are many working for very very little and some are harshly treated and even some children are being used

Then we have this right in our own back yard.

http://thejuarezproject.com/2007/03/26/the-murders-and-disappearances.aspx?results=1#SurveyResultsChart

Thanks for posting this.

2008/2/20 8:44

Re:

If anyone has Direct TV, channel network NRB, has Grace To You on Sunday morning...I often try to record it when I remember, so I looked to record this sunday's sermon and came to find out the sermon is called, "Abusing the Poor", thought that was really cool...so if anyone has the opportunity hope you can watch it.

2008/2/21 21:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy