Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preaching via Video Broadcast

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Preaching via Video Broadcast

What does everyone think of this trend?

Essentially, when churches reach a certain size, as an alternative toforming a gigantic megachurch, the congregation will be split up and meets at different locations throughout a city, each one having several services during the weekend. The Pastor will preach at one service on one campus. This is then recorded onto video and shown at the other locations.

Examples of preachers who dothis include John Piper, Mark Driscoll and Andy Stanley.

What do you think? With today's mulyimedia technology, does a preacher necessarily have to be physically present athis church to deliver his sermon?

2008/2/12 1:04Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re: Preaching via Video Broadcast

bump

2008/2/24 23:11Profile

Re:

I felt bad for your bump Brother, but this is a hard one to answer because you combined names in the mix.

I must admit though - your last line cracked me up.

Yeah, they don't even have to come to the Building anymore, if that were the case.
Could sit by the pool and have a cool-one. Hey - some did for New Year.

Moving on along - the other side of the coin is - some folks are so desperate to hear a decent word from GOD, that I know many are drawn to Piper for that reason and how can they house them all.

Tough question to answer. A Shepherd is a Shepherd, but the deacons were called to "wait on tables" etc. so the others could just prepare messages. And the deacons had to be "filled with the Holy Spirit" just to wait on tables.

We've come a long way and only GOD knows where it will all end.

We were taught that once a Church gets so big, then the mature should be sent out to start more churches, based upon Acts.

But now-a-days, it is hard to find a good Church.

Hope you're doing well.

bump

2008/2/25 2:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy