SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Life Changing Experiences

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

Life Changing Experiences

Romans 12:1-2 says I beseech you, therefore, brethern, by the mercies of GOD, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to GOD which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of GOD.

GOD often teaches us in the trials of life. I am reminded of what GOD spoke to me one time as the words of a book became very bold almost as if to come off the page. The wilderness is a place to which GOD takes HIS people. It is a difficult survival place of solitude, loneliness and testing. There HE works to bring about brokenness and to prepare us for usefulness. We have to go deeper into GOD, possess HIS promises and realize our destiny. It is a place to prepare HIS people. It is a time of testing to know what is in our hearts. It is a life changing opportunity where HE leads us to perfect HIS character in us. The sweetness and quality of gold comes out of the fire. We don't choose seasons of wilderness. GOD does. You find yourself in a new and unwanted place trying to find your footing to get back to normal. Returning to normal isnt the key but being transformed into HIS image. It is GODS preparation for restoration.

It may feel like it doesnt fit, it's not comfortable or not what we signed up for. However this doesn't matter. Our goal as Christians should only be to be more like HIM and to be found pleasing in HIS sight. To be a mirror reflection of CHRISTS image. HIS favor will rest upon us as we willingly submit to HIS plan. He will say I like what that child of MINE is doing and be attracted to us with HIS HOLY SPIRIT being able to rest upon us as we pursue holiness. There aren't any shortcuts my friend. Obeying HIM is agreeing with HIS plan without complaint. We must also remember partial obedience and delayed obedience are not acceptable to GOD. HE is looking for instant, complete, wholehearted and joyous obedience each time HE speaks without exception. These are key factors in having a life changing experience and being transformed into HIS image.

In these life changing situations HIS word becomes rhema to us and HE becomes more real as we experience HIS sufferings. 1 Peter 4: 12- 13 says Beloved do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you as though some sterange thing happened to you but rejoice in the extent that you partake in CHRISTS sufferings that when HIS glory is revealed you may also be glad with exceeding joy. Yes my firend we need to leave thoughts of this world behind as we press toward the mark of the high calling of CHRIST JESUS as we lay up treasures in Heaven. When we have no natural suport to help us get through our trials it is a good thing because then we press into CHRIST in desperation.

LORD, we desire to be holy and to be made into YOUR image. May we be more like YOU. Burn off the dross in our lives. We thank YOU LORD that YOU will never leave us or forsake us but YOU are right there holding us while we are in the furnace of afliction. Thank YOU for YOUR love and care. Hekp us to be obedient without questions or delay because we want to please YOU because we love YOU. Thank YOU for YOUR precious HOLY SPIRIT and YOUR WORD that strengthens us to endure in the time of tribulation. Our heart cries out for more of YOU. We praise YOU JESUS for what YOU are doing in our lives. In the name of JESUS. Amen.

2008/2/12 0:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy