SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : In His Presence

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MSeaman

Michigan

In His Presence

I'm not asking for interpretation or anything, but this was just so (insert proper adjective--Cool just doesn't seem very spiritual), that I wanted to share it with you.

This is the part that stands out so much for me.

I was on a little wooden dock. there was a row boat behind me. there was a road or a path in front of me and beyond that a mountain...

I looked up and saw the sun rise over the mountain. It just filled me with such AWE of who GOD really IS, that I just fell down on my face and began to worship HIM. It seemed as if only moments had passed, but when I sat up, it was night time. While I was in His Presence, I wasn't aware of anything that was going on around me. the mountain could have fallen on me and I wouldn't have cared, because I was just overwhelmed by HIM...

I'm not very good at articulating it, but what this dream was saying to me, is that when I am in God's presence, hours feel like moments. And in truth, I have found this to be my experience.

I desire to be in HIS Presence more and more, and cannot wait for the day, when we will be together forever.

That's it. I hope you find it encouraging. I also hope some of you aren't twirling your finger next to your head, thinking, "that girl is cuckoo..."

:-P

2008/2/8 10:11Profile

Re: In His Presence

Can I join your cuckoo club ?

I like that you made a Best decision. You could have opted for the boat or the path. Neat!

I felt to give ya this song after reading this thread this morning -

http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/I_Have_Decided_to_Follow_Jesus/

Quote:
I'm not very good at articulating it, but what this dream was saying to me, is that when I am in God's presence, hours feel like moments. And in truth, I have found this to be my experience.

I desire to be in HIS Presence more and more, and cannot wait for the day, when we will be together forever.

Amen! :-)

2008/2/8 16:40

Hi Melissa,

You're not 'cuckoo'!!

Quote:
I just fell down on my face and began to worship HIM. It seemed as if only moments had passed, but when I sat up, it was night time. While I was in His Presence, I wasn't aware of anything that was going on around me.

May the Lord have His way with us all!

I used to [i]pray[/i] before sleep, that He would minister to me while I was less able to put up a fight! And (of course), I did completely trust Him to care for me while I was sleeping. 'He giveth His [u]beloved[/u] sleep' (Psa 127:2), is not an idle passing comment from the psalmist.

2008/2/8 17:37
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Thanks for the song! I do love that one.

I can't remember clearly, but I think I was running to somewhere or from someone. Then when I saw the sun come over the mountain...it is hard to explain, it wasn't so much that it was the sun, just that it was that I suddenly was in God's Presence, and was overwhelmed. it seems to me that I was hidden in His Presence...

2008/2/9 10:05Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Indeed! May the Lord have His way! That is a good idea. I will add that to my prayers...

2008/2/9 10:10Profile

Quote:
MSeaman wrote:
I'm not asking for interpretation or anything, but this was just so (insert proper adjective--Cool just doesn't seem very spiritual), that I wanted to share it with you.

This is the part that stands out so much for me.

I was on a little wooden dock. there was a row boat behind me. there was a road or a path in front of me and beyond that a mountain...

I looked up and saw the sun rise over the mountain. It just filled me with such AWE of who GOD really IS, that I just fell down on my face and began to worship HIM. It seemed as if only moments had passed, but when I sat up, it was night time. While I was in His Presence, I wasn't aware of anything that was going on around me. the mountain could have fallen on me and I wouldn't have cared, because I was just overwhelmed by HIM...

That's it. I hope you find it encouraging. I also hope some of you aren't twirling your finger next to your head, thinking, "that girl is cuckoo..."

:-P

WOW!!!

Some dreams and visions are a bit dodgy, out of our own hearts rather than from God (unless He is revealing our hearts to us), but THIS is awesome!

God does sometimes speak to His children in dreams! The only problem is if we base our lives or actions on a dream when it's only the thoughts of our own mind.

But in this one there can surely be no doubt that it was from God, because He was the focus through out

The only experience I ever had (in a dream) that was approaching this sense of awe and wonder, sounds a bit silly by comparison, but maybe it's OK to share it?

I was at a railway station, somewhere - a small one out of town - just a platform and small building beside the line.

A train began to approach. Even before it stopped there was an immense sense of awe.

It stopped and the driver got out.

On the surface he looked just like any other middle-aged man in uniform, a kind, fatherly figure, but I sensed he was far more - indeed [i]the[/i] Father.

[Of course, I know very well that God is not a man, though He became Man in Jesus; but that was what it panned out like in the dream. Even at the time I knew this was only a dream-like representation, that God isn't really like a train driver!]

Anyway, it seemed I was now at the bottom of a drop at the end of the platform. He came towards me and the platform was so high above me that I couldn't reach the top. He said to me, "Daughter, take hold of my strength". I was afrid - He was so great and I so little (in the dream I actually was a child) - but reached up, trembling. But even standing on tiptoe couldn't reach Him with so much as a fingertip.

Then [i]He[/i] reached down with both hands and grasped my wrists...

Even remembering it after all these years makes me tremble inwardly. Like Melissa, words can't describe the awe, the true fear of the Lord, that was present...

He was affirming that I [i]was[/i] His child, and that even though there is no way to reach Him, He stoops down to even such a "worm" as I.

in Him

Jeannette

2008/2/12 15:37

Re:

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Can I join your cuckoo club ?

I like that you made a Best decision. You could have opted for the boat or the path. Neat!

I felt to give ya this song after reading this thread this morning -

http://library.timelesstruths.org/music/I_Have_Decided_to_Follow_Jesus/

That's a real "Golden Oldie". We even sang it in the local language when I went to Uganda in the 1970's

It will probably be singing itself in my head for the rest of the evening!

How [i]can[/i] we turn back?

Do you think we get to a stage in our Christian walk where it's literally impossible?

Like the OT law of the slave who said "I love my master...I will not go out free"; and his ear was pierced through and he was the master's slave for ever...

...Can I join the club too? :-D

love in Him

Jeannette

2008/2/12 15:50
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Jeannette,
Thank you for sharing your dream. It is awe inspiring to think that One so High and Holy, would reach out to us, individually. I am appreciative that He speaks to me in dreams. It is probably cause I'm so thickheaded while I'm awake. :)

2008/2/13 16:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy