Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Always

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Always

Hello Saints,

I was thinking about the word "always" today. It's always been a word of comfort, guidance, instruction and warning. Then I wondered what the Bible said we should "always do." What does it say [i]instructionally[/i] about "always"? I did a search of the word "always" on BibleGateway.com and here's what I found. All verses are KJV.

I wouldn't dare suppose an exegesis of these scriptures to my brothers and sisters, so I would just like to share them with you and trust that God will speak to you concerning each one. May God bless you in your reading.

[b]1 Chronicles 16[/b]

14 He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth.

15 Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations;

16 Even of the covenant which he made with Abraham, and of his oath unto Isaac;

[b]Psalm 16[/b]

8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

[b]Proverbs 8[/b]

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

[b]Luke 18[/b]

1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

[b]John 8[/b]

29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

[b]Acts 24[/b]

16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men.

[b]1 Corinthians 15[/b]

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

[b]2 Corinthians 4[/b]

10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

[b]2 Corinthians 5[/b]

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight.)

[b]2 Corinthians 9[/b]

8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

[b]Ephesians 5[/b]

20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

[b]Ephesians 6[/b]

8 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

[b]Philippians 4[/b]

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

[b]1 Peter 3:15[/b]

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

[b]2 Peter 1[/b]

14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.

15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

2008/2/7 21:17Profile
Talkn2u

Re: Always

What a very good Post!

Psalm 16:8 is such a comfort to me...great scriptures brot to us in this thread....

Thank you,
Bonnie

2008/2/8 22:21Profile

Yes, I also am blessed. These are verses to meditate upon, as well as to activate in truly spiritual ways, for the glory of God.

2008/2/9 11:42
hmmhmm

Sweden

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15433&forum=35]some more verses for meditation[/url]

2008/2/9 12:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy