SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : End Time Revival / Harvest ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi Brother Colin. It was nice of you to take this time to answer my post questions. Very Nice. Thank you!

Brother, I follow with you EXCEPT about following "A man". I see the Overcomers as Individuals. I can't find anywhere in all the last days Scriptures of us following "a" man.

I can't view videos or listen to audios, because unfortunately, I have to have the security settings I have - but could you or someone tell me the gist of this Stephen Kaung (John The Baptist).

Are you meaning something like Mal 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts. ?

I think as far as the overcomers, most are killed but I do agree as Daniel says that they will be wise, have understanding, do exploits and win many to righteousness.

Do you see where the anti-Christ "wears down the saints - etc." in those chpt.s in Daniel that I posted above?

That doesn't mean that they are not Overcomers.

Well, I don't know if I've made sense with my questions, but I do have a question or problem with the idea of us following "a" man. There is one now in S.C. that claims to be the fulfillment of Mal 3:1 and he's got a following - so I fear this belief could lead folks astray.
The man in S.C. is a molester and nut-case btw.

Thank you again brother and hope we're still friends.

2008/2/8 16:07
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

ccchhhrrriiisss said;

Is it possible to discuss such things without using such divisive rhetoric? Can we discuss this issue without showing disrespect toward the beliefs of those with whom we disagree? Let's consider the possibility of discussing such things without calling alternative views "a lie."

---------------------------------------------

It seems to me that you are the one that is trying to discipline me. It seems to me you are coming after me with a stick for speaking what I believe to be the truth. It seems to me that you are the one who is doing the stoning for speaking what I believe to be the truth. You are the one who is spending time trying to fix me out.

------------------------------------------------

How far to you want me to go in showing respect.

Christian ecumenism is that people focus primarily on Christ, not on separate church organizations and Doctrine.

Another lie whichs has come out of hell.........

Unity at any cost, don't upset anyone do evrything with a "spirit of love" respect everyones opion

and go to hell....................

----------------------------------------------

Jesus says this my friend;

Matthew 10 v 35-36 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law: and a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.

Wake Up you sleepy Christian

------------------------------------------

Chris said;

How would you like it if someone started threads that audaciously claimed that “those who do not believe in pre-trib are “believing a lie?!?” How would that make you feel?

I don't live by feelings.

I would be grieved because it would be another person who believes the lies of the devil. Who will wake up and find themselves totally unprepared for what they have found themselves in.

And you think I have no love. If you knew something was going to hurt someone would you tell them. Or would you leave them alone until they got hurt and say I say it but didn't want to hurt your feelings............

----------------------------------------

Would you throw me in a pit. Chop me up. Chop off my head. Punch me until I am quiet. Until I tow the line.

Certainly looks that way just know........

2008/2/8 16:45Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

I go to Nigeria tomorrow morning so this will be my last post.

Do you have a pastor, elders or deacons at your church. Has there never been a spiritual Father or Mother that has looked after you and guided you.

Has there never been any leadership in your life.

You are right to be wary it is a time to be on guard and as there is so much false about.

Test all things......

2008/2/8 17:14Profile

Re:

Nigeria ?

Last post ?

:-o

2008/2/8 17:18
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi murcolr…

Quote:
It [i]seems[/i] to me that you are the one that is trying to discipline me. It [i]seems[/i] to me you are coming after me with a stick for speaking what [b]I believe[/b] to be the truth. It [i]seems[/i] to me that you are the one who is doing the stoning for speaking what [b]I believe[/b] to be the truth. You are the one who is spending time trying to fix me out.

Key word: “seems”

Brother, there is no “discipline,” “coming after with a stick” or “stoning” going on here. I’m just suggesting that you use this word that you interjected here when you call something a “lie” – the word “[b]believe[/b].” It was noticeably absent when you called the beliefs of others “[i]a lie[/i].” This little disclaimer can be quite important in such discussions. It proves that we are well aware that none of us are 100% perfect yet. Please understand that there was no "attack" on you or your beliefs.
Quote:
How far to you want me to go in showing respect.

Christian ecumenism is that people focus primarily on Christ, not on separate church organizations and Doctrine.

Another lie whichs has come out of hell.........

Unity at any cost, don't upset anyone do evrything with a "spirit of love" respect everyones opion

and go to hell....................

Brother, again, no one is calling for any sort of denominational or even doctrinal ecumenism. Quite the contrary, actually! In fact, I don’t know [i]where[/i] you would get such a notion – because it has never been presented in my posts. But are you implying that those who do not agree with your views about the exact timing and manner of the Lord’s return (post-trib) are going to “go to Hell?” I hope not.
Quote:
I don't live by feelings.

Then why would you use the word “[i]seems[/i]” so much when trying to read between the lines? No one was disciplining you or stoning you about your beliefs – or even calling your beliefs “[i]a lie[/i].” Rather, I was just pointing out the need for caution when using such rhetoric in these sort of discussions.
Quote:
I would be grieved because it would be another person who believes the lies of the devil. Who will wake up and find themselves totally unprepared for what they have found themselves in.

Would you afford any pre-wrath believers the same sort of “grief?” What if they believed that your “post-trib” opinion is incorrect?

So, those of us who do not accept your own beliefs about the exact timing and nature of the Lord’s return (that does not appear completely clear from the Scripture) are [i]believing a lie[/i]? Those are mighty strong words, brother! What if you are wrong? What if both pre-wrath and post-wrath are not 100% correct? Is there any room for possibility that you are not 100% correct in your beliefs?
Quote:
And you think I have no love. If you knew something was going to hurt someone would you tell them. Or would you leave them alone until they got hurt and say I say it but didn't want to hurt your feelings............

Would you throw me in a pit. Chop me up. Chop off my head. Punch me until I am quiet. Until I tow the line.

Certainly looks that way just know........

Brother, where would you get such a notion? I never thought that you “have no love.” I certainly agree that you have a right and privilege to share your beliefs about the coming of the Lord. I just don’t agree with the manner of your rhetoric. By it, you have dismissed everyone else’s belief as “[i]a lie[/i].” By pointing out a need for clarity or gentleness, this is not equated to a desire to “throw you into a pit, chop you up, chop off your head, punch you until you are quiet.” It simply means that you are a good brother with a strong belief about the exact nature of the Lord’s return. You can share that belief WITHOUT having to resort to calling all other opinions “[i]a lie[/i].”

Like I have said, I am not 100% certain that the Lord has appointed the Church to suffer his wrath during the hour of Great Tribulation that will come upon the Earth. I [i]lean[/i] toward a belief that the Lord will take us before that time. I am well prepared (as we should be) to face any other scenario – including death at the hand of God. But even though I currently lean toward a “pre-wrath” scenario, I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable or audacious enough to call your beliefs a “lie.”
Quote:
Do you have a pastor, elders or deacons at your church. Has there never been a spiritual Father or Mother that has looked after you and guided you.

Has there never been any leadership in your life.

I'm not certain whether or not this is directed at me, but the answer is yes. I have had quite a few examples in my life as a believer. They have been quite instrumental in teaching me to hunger and study the Word of God. They have also taught me to "test everything" -- and encouraged me to seek the fruit of the Spirit (including gentleness) in my life and interaction with others. None, so far, have been quick to call the non-essential beliefs about the possible timing of the Lord's return a "[i]lie[/i]."
Quote:
Test all things......

I Thessalonians 5:21. A great piece of wisdom to live by! I might add that we should encourage such tests, rather than impose our particular beliefs on others.

I don't mean to sound upset at your mannerisms. If they came across as judgmental or a rhetorical "stoning," them please understand that this was not the intention at all. I just mean to express caution in the delivery of our opinions and beliefs about doctrines that are not yet completely clear to everyone. There are quite a few people here on SermonIndex who either believe (or lean toward a belief) in a "catching away" that will take place before the hour of God's wrath upon the Earth. Most of us are quite intent on seeking the truth in this matter. We are not all looking for "the easy way out" (as some people have called a belief in the "rapture"). Many of us simply want to learn the truth. We wouldn't dream of insulting your beliefs or opinions about the times or manner in which the Lord will return.

Be safe, brother, in your trip to Nigeria. You will be in my prayers.

:-)

2008/2/8 17:29Profile

Re: End Time Revival / Harvest ?

Murrcolr said

Quote:
I go to Nigeria tomorrow morning so this will be my last post.

Brother,

I'm just guessing you're going to work there for a time. Please do what you can to keep in touch while you're out.

Definitely, you have been grappling with three prayer warriors in this thread, and they will all pray for you as well as I - won't we, brethren?

If you are able, Colin, please also let us know what it's like where you go, and if you can give an idea of the dangers you face, it will help focus the pray-ers.

Don't forget to take socks, now (to keep the midges off your feet).

;-)

2008/2/8 17:56
psalm1

Re:

I have noticed a common concern of those that adhere to the post trib doctrine.
It seems they are so worried about someone not being ready for what wont happen suddenly.
The bible doesnt say"for the antichrist will come in an hour you least expect it"
It also doesnt say "the antichrist will come as a thief in the night"

And yet have you ever heard a post trib debate where the phrase " I am so afraid the the Pretrib escapists will be caught unprepared" is Left out?

There will be a rapture according to the word and some people will be caught unprepared and the bible teaches these unprepared saints aren't permitted to the marriage of the bride and groom.
See the parable of the 10 virgins.

So in order to win me over to their post trib theory they are going to use terms like liar and deceived and tell me my beliefs are from hell?

Oh yes sign me up!

NOT!

David

2008/2/8 18:04Profile

Re:

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

2008/2/8 18:12
jgraves11

Munford, TN

Re:

Quote:
I have noticed a common concern of those that adhere to the post trib doctrine.
It seems they are so worried about someone not being ready for what wont happen suddenly.
The bible doesnt say"for the antichrist will come in an hour you least expect it"
It also doesnt say "the antichrist will come as a thief in the night"

And yet have you ever heard a post trib debate where the phrase " I am so afraid the the Pretrib escapists will be caught unprepared" is Left out?

There will be a rapture according to the word and some people will be caught unprepared and the bible teaches these unprepared saints aren't permitted to the marriage of the bride and groom.
See the parable of the 10 virgins.

So in order to win me over to their post trib theory they are going to use terms like liar and deceived and tell me my beliefs are from hell?have noticed a common concern of those that adhere to the post trib doctrine.

My question for any pretrib person is, where is this so called "secret rapture" found in scripture? I cannot find it.

2008/2/8 21:08Profile
psalm1

Re:

jgraves, Secret rapture is only used by posttrib debaters.
i have never seen this in scripture.
if you archive this ,my guess is you will see it used exclusively by those of the post trib persuasion.

you now see what i am talking about?

i asked one brother on this forum if he frequented a certain post trib website and that it appeared to me to be an anti pretrib website and he answered yes thats exactly what it is.

To me thats like being anti Hebrew because they should read left to right like me????

there is no secret rapture. Just 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins.

David

2008/2/8 21:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy