SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Maranatha Baptist Church PRAYER Retreat ~ March 11th

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: Prayer is everything

Sister Joy and all on this thread:

I am so gratified to read about this prayer meeting. We started one at our church this Sunday night in a different fashion than we have ever tried before. I was praying and felt impressed to have at least a week set aside that I have called "Challenge and Prayer". So often we have had "evangelists" to come in and preach a "revival" and the first few nights are an attempt to wake up the church and the hope is that before the scheduled days are out there will be an outreach to the lost. Calling something a revival as we all know does not by any means make it one. So from the wealth of material offered here on Sermon Index I have selected the videos of some of Brother Ravenhill's messages, one by Paul Washer (for Wednesday night when more of our youth will be at church) one by Brother Keith Daniel, and I have not fully decided on the last night... but with the simplest introduction after giving a full emphasis and explanation Sunday, we watch one of these anointed messages that are all an appeal for revival, and then those who are willing to spend time on their knees in prayer find themselves a place... no music, no songs, simply corporate prayer until... No dismisal, everyone is free to stay as long as they will and may leave when they feel they have touched God.

I thank God that there are evidences that there is some brokeness. Just prior to the meeting on Sunday there was some "going to those who have been offended" and repentance and reconciliation.

I will be praying for your meeting and request that you pray for ours, and Brother Mike you can count on prayers being offered up for this site and each of the moderators.

May God rend our hearts that we can pour the healing balm on those broken hearts in the world around us.

Clint

2008/3/11 0:26Profile

Re:

Thank you for your requests, brothers. We will pray for these things.

Brother Clint, that is wonderful what you are doing at your church. And to think it's happening at the same time as our prayer retreat...wow, we will be praying for God to work in your midst.

And brother Mike, yes, we will pray for these things for SI forums, and your request really does apply to the whole body of Christ and not just the forums here. I would encourage those who see this thread to pray for SI today on the very things that Mike mentioned:

Quote:

Dear sister, what a tremendous thing this all is. I do have a request; [b]For this very place and all that travel it's corridors, for all who post and for all who argue. For misunderstandings to be put straight and for more humility amongst us all. For more sheer consideration of each other and for more consideration of just Who we are representing. For agendas to be put down and put away and for drawing this whole great measure of riches to be fully appreciated. Pray for the moderators especially, we often do not know the best way of just mitigating so many diverse and often proud people, especially when we still have our own hidden aspects of all these things.[/b]

Any other requests?

2008/3/11 9:34

Re:

I have a prayer request for Krispy. :-)

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=22645&forum=44

2008/3/11 15:18

Re:

2008/3/11 15:19

Re:

Quote:

Psalm18 wrote:

We'll pray for him. Any other requests? I'm not sure if I'll get another chance to check before the day is out but I might.

2008/3/11 17:16
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Any other requests?

My mother's name is Naomi, my father's name is Don, and my brother's name is Matthew. None of them are saved, and they are my precious family. O sister, please help me pray them through to God. I will be eternally grateful.

2008/3/11 17:24Profile

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
Any other requests?

My mother's name is Naomi, my father's name is Don, and my brother's name is Matthew. None of them are saved, and they are my precious family. O sister, please help me pray them through to God. I will be eternally grateful.

We will pray for them tonight, brother. We've covered a vast range of different requests today and this evening we're focusing in on praying for lost souls. Oh for God to bring in a mighty harvest of lost souls for His glory!
And I will continue to pray for your precious family members even after today. God is able. I've seen Him work mightily in working salvation in parents/grandparents of families in our church. No case is too hard for Him; not even Roman Catholics!

Alleluia!

2008/3/11 20:09

Re:

I have a sister who is not saved. Her name is,Suzanne.Thanks.

2008/3/11 20:19

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy