SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Maranatha Baptist Church PRAYER Retreat ~ March 11th

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

Bekka wrote:

O.K., now you have me thinking I should go. :-)

The other thing I can't understand is why christians do not eat together very often? This is one of the best ways to get to know each other.

The eating part brought a smile to my face...cause we do that at our church, every Sunday. :-D You're right, eating together is a good way to get to know eachother. But from personal experience, praying together on one's knees (figuratively or literally) is even better. There's a transparency that is required in prayer that isn't always found in general conversation. Unity is also a very important ingredient of corporate prayer that isn't always found in fellowship over food.

But, this prayer retreat that my church is hosting doesn't have to be the only one like it. It would be wonderful to see more such gatherings of believers to pray and seek God earnestly and fervently for revival and awakening. It is surely needed!

2008/2/13 12:10
Swordbearer

Re:

Greetings bretheren in the name of our precious Lord Jesus Christ!
I have been holding this event up in prayer the last few days, specificaly that the Lord would make a way for me to be there. Looking through man's eyes right now it looks a bit "iffy", but I know that my Lord has never failed to put me in a place where He wanted me to be yet. So with that confidence I can say that if it is the Lord's will for me to be there, I will be! :-)

Aaron

2008/2/13 12:10Profile

Re:

Quote:

Roniya wrote:
Quote:

Bekka wrote:

O.K., now you have me thinking I should go. :-)

The other thing I can't understand is why christians do not eat together very often? This is one of the best ways to get to know each other.

The eating part brought a smile to my face...cause we do that at our church, every Sunday. :-D You're right, eating together is a good way to get to know eachother. But from personal experience, praying together on one's knees (figuratively or literally) is even better.

Oh, Absoluuuuutelly! 8-) I still enjoy pigging out! :-)

2008/2/13 12:26

Re:

Bump [i](for those who haven't seen this yet and might be interested).[/i]

2008/2/24 21:12

Re:

[i]Prayer is to be the primary work of the church. Everything we do should come out of being focused in praying. We are looking at how God worked in the 1857 Revival. Here is an excerpt from The Power of Prayer by Samuel Prime, a book that was written to record the events of the Fulton Street Prayer Meeting and it’s long-reaching results. [/i]

"THE pen of an angel might well be employed to record the wonderful works of God in the city of New York, during the years 1857-8. The history will be a memorial of divine grace. In all future time it will proclaim the readiness of the Lord God Almighty to hear and answer prayer; of the Holy Spirit, to descend and convert sinners; of Jesus Christ, to forgive and save. To GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY GHOST, BE ALL THE PRAISE!

The autumn of 1857 was signalized by a sudden and fearful convulsion in the commercial world. That calamity was so speedily followed by the reports of revivals of religion and remarkable displays of divine grace, that it has been a widely received opinion, that the two events stand related to one another, as cause and effect.

In the day of adversity, men consider. When the hand of God is suddenly laid upon city and country, the sources of prosperity dried up, fortunes taking to themselves wings; houses, venerable for years, integrity, and success, tumbling into ruins; and names, never tarnished by suspicion, becoming less than nothing in general bankruptcy, it is natural to believe that men will look away from themselves, and say, " Verily there is a God, who reigns."

As in the time of an earthquake, or wreck at sea, men's hearts failing them for fear, they will cry to Him who rides upon the whirlwind, so it was believed that the financial storm had driven men to pray. And it doubtless did. Never was a commercial crisis so inexplicable under the laws of trade. It was acknowledged to be a judgment. The justice of God was confessed in arresting men in recklessness, extravagance and folly. Thousands were thrown out of business, and, in their want of something else to do, assembled in meetings for prayer. But these meetings had been already established. The spirit of God had been manifest in the midst of them.

Before the commercial revulsion the city and the country had been absorbed in the pursuit of pleasure and gain. Men were making haste to be rich, and to enjoy their riches. Recklessness of expenditure, extravagance in living, display in furniture, equipage, and dress, had attained a height unexampled in the previous social history of our country, and utterly inconsistent with the simplicity and virtue of our fathers.

These signs of prosperity had filled the minds of good men with apprehension and alarm before the panic seized the heart of the world. Christians who had kept free from the spirit of speculation and the mania for making money, had trembled for the future of a people so absorbed in the material, as to be oblivious of the spiritual and eternal. These pious people had been gathering in meetings for prayer, before the convulsion began."

2008/2/29 11:42
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: Maranatha Baptist Church PRAYER Retreat ~ March 11th

Quote:

Roniya wrote:
Everyone is welcome to come and join us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maranatha Baptist Church of Mt. Vernon, MO will be hosting a prayer retreat March 11th, with possible extension on 12th and 13th. There may be prayer Monday night (10th) if some show up early. The location is Baptist Hill Assembly Camp, Mt. Vernon, MO, and we will start at 9am on Tuesday.

The focus will be praying for revival and any and all areas in need of God’s visitation.

Cost is $10 per person each night for accommodations at the camp with consideration being made for families. Bring your own bedding if you choose to stay at the camp.

You may email us at [email protected] for more information or call 417-864-3049.

For revival,
Don Courville

[i]“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14[/i]

Will anyone else be attending this? It looks as though I will be able to go.

2008/3/5 10:16Profile
4christalone

Moscow PA

Re:

[i][size=x-small]Will anyone else be attending this? It looks as though I will be able to go.[/size][/i][size=small]
The Lord willing me along with my family will be able to attend as well as another young man from the church here in PA [/size]

2008/3/5 16:35Profile

Re:

Quote:

4christalone wrote:
[i][size=x-small]Will anyone else be attending this? It looks as though I will be able to go. (preachparsly)[/size][/i][size=small]

The Lord willing me along with my family will be able to attend as well as another young man from the church here in PA [/size]

Praise God that ya'll can come!

Anyone else?

2008/3/5 22:44

Re:

[i]March 11th[/i]

[b]2nd Annual MBC Day of Prayer[/b]

[b]Guidelines[/b] (Patterned after [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13263&forum=40]1857 Prayer Revival on Fulton Street[/url])

1. Be prompt

2. No more than 10 minutes in opening

In opening:
a. Read a Scripture or song
b. Open in Prayer
c. Collect prayer cards

3. Start prayers or exhortation

a. Take one or two requests at a time
b. Someone pray on each request
c. No more than 5 minutes
d. No controversial subjects

[b]Daily Order[/b]

• 9:00am – Read guidelines and share on Fulton Street Revival and pray
• 10:30am – Break
• 10:45am- Prayer
• 11:45am – Break
• 1:30pm – Prayer
• 3:30pm – Break
• 4:30pm – Prayer
• 5:30pm – Break
• 7:00pm – Prayer

Prayer times are there for you to pray with us if possible.

We are focusing on revival for the church and salvation for lost souls.

Send us your prayer requests and then let us know how God answered.

([i]I will be checking on here periodically throughout tomorrow for prayer requests, you can post them here, or you can pm or email them to me and I will pass them on to the prayer warriors)[/i]

2008/3/10 22:42
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Prayer is everything

Quote:
These signs of prosperity had filled the minds of good men with apprehension and alarm before the panic seized the heart of the world. Christians who had kept free from the spirit of speculation and the mania for making money, had trembled for the future of a people so absorbed in the material, as to be oblivious of the spiritual and eternal. These pious people had been gathering in meetings for prayer, before the convulsion began."

Dear sister, what a tremendous thing this all is. I do have a request; For this very place and all that travel it's corridors, for all who post and for all who argue. For misunderstandings to be put straight and for more humility amongst us all. For more sheer consideration of each other and for more consideration of just Who we are representing. For agendas to be put down and put away and for drawing this whole great measure of riches to be fully appreciated. Pray for the moderators especially, we often do not know the best way of just mitigating so many diverse and often proud people, especially when we still have our own hidden aspects of all these things.

2008/3/10 23:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy