SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Maranatha Baptist Church PRAYER Retreat ~ March 11th

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Maranatha Baptist Church PRAYER Retreat ~ March 11th

Everyone is welcome to come and join us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maranatha Baptist Church of Mt. Vernon, MO will be hosting a prayer retreat March 11th, with possible extension on 12th and 13th. There may be prayer Monday night (10th) if some show up early. The location is Baptist Hill Assembly Camp, Mt. Vernon, MO, and we will start at 9am on Tuesday.

The focus will be praying for revival and any and all areas in need of God’s visitation.

Cost is $10 per person each night for accommodations at the camp with consideration being made for families. Bring your own bedding if you choose to stay at the camp.

You may email us at don@maranathabc.com for more information or call 417-864-3049.

For revival,
Don Courville

[i]“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14[/i]

2008/2/6 14:15
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Maranatha Baptist Church PRAYER Retreat ~ March 11th

Quote:
The focus will be praying for revival and any and all areas in need of God’s visitation.

I hope many brothers and sisters from sermonindex.net can attend this prayer event. There is "such" a need of less activity and more prayer and waiting on God. May God be glorified during this time of prayer. Post a reply if you are planning to go to this event.

2008/2/6 14:36Profile

Re:

"It is not enough for the believer to begin to pray, nor to pray correctly; nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray. [b]We must patiently, believingly continue in prayer until we obtain an answer. Further, we have not only to continue in prayer until the end, but we have also to believe that God does hear us and will answer our prayers.[/b] Most frequently we fail in not continuing in prayer until the blessing is obtained, and in not expecting the blessing.

Those who are disciples of the Lord Jesus should labor with all their might in the work of God as if everything depended upon their own endeavors. Yet, having done so, they should not in the least trust in their labor and efforts, nor in the means that they use for the spread of the truth, but in God alone; and they should with all earnestness seek the blessing of God in persevering, patient, and believing prayer. Here is the great secret of success, my Christian reader. Work with all your might, but never trust in your work. Pray with all your might for the blessing in God, but work at the same time with all diligence, with all patience, with all perseverance. Pray, then, and work. Work and pray. And still again pray, and then work. And so on, all the days of your life. The result will surely be abundant blessing. Whether you see much fruit or little fruit, such kind of service will be blessed." – George Muller

2008/2/11 22:16
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I would like to come but I won't know for sure until it gets a little closer.

2008/2/12 12:16Profile

Re: Maranatha Baptist Church PRAYER Retreat ~ March 11th

I have never been to one of these and won't be able to attend but what exactly do you do there? I know you pray but I do that at home.

2008/2/13 9:23

Re:

Quote:

Bekka wrote:

I have never been to one of these and won't be able to attend but what exactly do you do there? I know you pray but I do that at home.

Hello Bekka,

On [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16190&post_id=130851&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=16#130851]this thread[/url] I share about our prayer retreat last year and share some of the things we did. This year will probably be slightly different but the focus will be prayer and will involve group prayer with everyone and then small groups.

Corporate prayer is vitally needed in our churches and this is but an addition to the pleas already ascending to heaven on behalf of the church and this world.

"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; - A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

“A prayerless man is proud and independent, and any church that neglects corporate prayer is sadly no better. Only God's humble and needy children take the time to pray. Everyone else is just going through the motions and naively trusting in their own strength!” –David Smithers

"He can do all things who prays well. All soul-winners have conquered on their knees. Wherever the secret of prevailing prayer is found, something supernatural will come to pass." - G. F. Oliver

Hope that helps explain it a bit better.

~Joy

2008/2/13 10:28

Re:

Quote:

Roniya wrote:
Quote:

Bekka wrote:

Hello Bekka,

On [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16190&post_id=130851&order=1&viewmode=flat&pid=0&forum=16#130851]this thread[/url] I share about our prayer retreat last year and share some of the things we did. This year will probably be slightly different but the focus will be prayer and will involve group prayer with everyone and then small groups.

Corporate prayer is vitally needed in our churches and this is but an addition to the pleas already ascending to heaven on behalf of the church and this world.

"I would rather train twenty men to pray, than a thousand to preach; - A minister's highest mission ought to be to teach his people to pray." -H. MacGregor

“A prayerless man is proud and independent, and any church that neglects corporate prayer is sadly no better. Only God's humble and needy children take the time to pray. Everyone else is just going through the motions and naively trusting in their own strength!” –David Smithers

"He can do all things who prays well. All soul-winners have conquered on their knees. Wherever the secret of prevailing prayer is found, something supernatural will come to pass." - G. F. Oliver

Hope that helps explain it a bit better.

~Joy

Thanks for sharing that, it's a long way from Florida. It seems most of the conferences and meetings are up north but I would going the distance if God wanted me to go.

We have corporate prayer in our church. Most of those who are really devout christians attend on Wednesday night. Our prayer time is powerful. Any kind of prayer is powerful prayer.

It only takes two.

~Rebecca

2008/2/13 11:04
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

I wish I could attend, but it's a far distance from Minnesota. I'm all for prayer. As each day passes, I'm learning more and more of the great importance prayer has on all things and in the lives of those who are enduring to fulfill the call God has placed on their lives. I am convinced that prayer is not only necessary, but absolutely vital!

2008/2/13 11:29Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

Praying together creates a bond among believers also. What's the old saying? "A family that prays together, stays together." You can substitute "family" for any group of people and I believe it holds true.

I think Ravenhill once said something to this effect "I don't know a man until I've prayed with him."

2008/2/13 11:41Profile

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
Quote:

Praying together creates a bond among believers also. What's the old saying? "A family that prays together, stays together." You can substitute "family" for any group of people and I believe it holds true.

I think Ravenhill once said something to this effect "I don't know a man until I've prayed with him."

O.K., now you have me thinking I should go. :-)

The other thing I can't understand is why christians do not eat together very often? This is one of the best ways to get to know each other.

2008/2/13 11:58

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy