SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The School of God ~ Keith Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

The School of God ~ Keith Daniel

I was sitting in a meeting listening to a preacher. This man in the pulpit, knowing I was in the meeting, suddenly turned on me. From the pulpit he began to lash out at me, publicly—began to undermine my integrity, the work I do for God, even the fruits and its viability. He seemed intent on destroying me. Now I don’t know whether being filled with the Spirit of God means you cannot feel hurt. Some people say it does. But I was hurt, crushed. I held back the tears as I looked at this man and thought to myself “How
could anyone believe this of me? How could this man believe these things of me?” By the end of that service I was so crushed I could hardly breathe. As everyone stood up I wanted to get out the door. I didn’t want to speak to anyone. I wanted to speak to God. I tried to get out before anyone else, but I couldn’t. As I looked at the faces all around, and their tears, as they looked at me, I realized a cloud of sorrow had fallen on the whole convention because of what this man had done. There was grief. As I walked hands were held out to me, touching me.

“Keith, don’t you worry. He’s destroyed himself, not you.” “Don’t worry, Keith. No one believed a word he says.” “He’s finished. You watch. He destroyed himself, not you.” But I still didn’t want to speak. I was so grieved I just wanted to get out of that building. I pushed past everyone. I got out of the building and tried to get in the dark of the gardens outside of the center. But there were three preachers who stopped me. They wouldn’t let me past. In their indignation and anger against what this man had done—his cowardice, the unethical way he had used the pulpit to express his grievances that he had against me—they began to cry out against what he had done to me. All the people were gathering around listening to these men. I couldn’t get past them. I was about to speak the first words about what was going on in my heart, when my father-in-law, Jenny’s father, pushed through the crowd, in front of these three men who were so
angry. He is one of the godly men of our country, loved across the land for his preaching, though he’s a farmer, and has never been through a theological seminary. He’s used in the great conventions of South Africa, more than most people have ever been used, and is loved across the land. He looked at what was happening. He was in that meeting. He stood in front of those preachers, and looked at me. A tear came down his face. It had not been easy for my father-in-law to hear what had been said about me that night. He put his hand here on my shoulder.

He said, “Keith, boy, we’re all in the school of God. The moment you’re born of God you’re in the
school of God. Some of us are in Grade 1, some in Standard 1, some in Standard 6, some in Matric, and some are in the university level. Only God knows what level we are on.

“Keith, I’ve learned something over the years. It’s exactly the same as secular school. Think,
Keith, of when you were a boy, when you were still at school as a boy. You had to face tests that were given to you as you learned. You had to face each level with an exam. If you failed the exams, Keith, of the Standard you were in, you would have to go through it again, and you’d have to face the same exam again. There’s no way of bypassing it. If you fail the exam, you have to face it again until you pass it. Keith, it’s exactly the same in the school of God, my boy. Trust me about this. I’ve seen it, I’ve learned it. Over and over I’ve learned it. You’re facing an extremely difficult exam here that most of us have never faced, and
may never have to. But Keith, if you don’t pass it now, in God’s eyes, and in men’s eyes—and men are
watching you—I guarantee you’re going to face this again. Now pass! Pass the exam, boy, or face it again.”

He turned and walked away.

You know, every single person—those three preachers and everyone else—said not a word. There
was utter silence. They disappeared at what my father-in-law said. Gone! At last I was alone. I stood there, no one else now but me and God. No one to talk to me, no voice to listen to now. Everything, the whole perspective of what had happened that I’d gone through, was changed completely.

The next day, it was arranged at this convention that we would meet at a certain time of the day,
and all the cars and combis available would take everyone across to another convention center, on the other side of the city, to join with other likeminded people and combine there. The time was announced. All the combis were to be ready, and so we wouldn’t get lost going through the city, we would all travel together and get there on time for the meeting that we were to attend. As I was resting, not realizing it was time, I suddenly became aware everyone in the building was gone. So I ran outside. All the cars were idling, and
the combis were all over the parking area. Everyone was already sitting in the cars. I ran down, knowing I’m keeping everybody now. They’re lingering to see if there’s anybody left. There I was, the only one. So I rushed around looking for a seat. Everybody was squashed in all the cars available, to get everybody there. No room! I ran around everywhere. Suddenly they pointed back, and said “There’s a combi back there. It seems there’s a seat.” So I ran. I was keeping everybody. They all want to go. As I got close to the combi I saw there was a seat, but my heart sank when I saw the only seat available was next to this man who tried to destroy me the night before. Everybody in that combi, when they realized I had to sit next to
him, their hearts sank also.Now that was God. It was no coincidence. That’s how God works with us, you know. Well, I got in the combi, and we all went off. There was a deathly silence. No one spoke. What was I going to do to him? Well, I looked out the window and I prayed. I prayed for my heart. “Oh God, give me the grace I don’t have. Give me the grace I don’t have, Lord, to pass this exam. To pass this exam in God’s eyes and men’s eyes. Men are watching me, Lord. I want to so pass this exam that I will never, ever have to face it again, so it’s behind me. Please, God, I don’t want to face this again. Give me the grace, God, to pass now.” I turned and I looked at this man. He looked at me with such fear. By this time the Holy Spirit had smitten him. He knew his whole assessment was wrong. He was feeling terrible. I took him by the arm, looked him in the eyes, and said, “Sir I want you to know I love you. I want you to know from this time onward I’ll be praying earnestly for you, that God will bless you.” He knew, as he looked in my eyes, that I was not being obnoxious. He knew I said it in integrity from my heart, and I meant it. Then I saw something in that man’s eyes that I shall treasure for all eternity. One of the most precious moments of my life was what I saw right then. I saw in the eyes of a man who so hated me—whatever the reasons the devil had given him I don’t know to this day—that he tried, literally, to end me off in the ministry. I saw in this same man respect one day later. I saw respect so deep that it stunned me as I looked into his eyes. I might never have ever had that treasure to hold on to, of what I saw in that man’s eyes, if I had defended myself, if I had given him what he needed in the eyes of the world. I would have lost having seen the man who made me his enemy looking at me with respect.

Why?

Because I looked to God for grace I knew I didn’t have to pass this exam in God’s eyes and men’s
eyes.

I’ve learned something. I’ve learned that no matter what difficulties you’re going through, no
matter what trials you’re going through, no matter what tests or exams you’re facing, no matter how hard they are, God will always give you the grace if you look to Him to pass. I don’t care what man or the devil’s doing against you. I don’t care how trying it is. I guarantee you, if you look to this God for grace to pass the exam in God’s eyes and men’s He will give you all the grace you need. If you’ll just look up from your heart, cry for it, before you react. I often from that time had occasion to think of the words my fatherin- law said. I remember, shortly after that incident, sitting and thinking about what he said about the school of God being the same as secular school. You’re in Standards, and you have to face exams. Unless you pass, until you pass, you can’t go on. If you fail you have to go through it again, so pass! It’s exactly the same as secular school.

[url=http://www.charityministries.org/pdf/transcriptions/2068.pdf]PDF Transcript[/url]

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4635&commentView=itemComments]Mp3 Sermon[/url]

2008/2/5 12:30Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re: The School of God ~ Keith Daniel

Excellent, and I firmly agree about the testing...

Was able to see Keith once in a meeting and my eyes filled with tears and respect watching him approach the pulpit to speak. Before taking that step up on the stage he paused, back towards the audience, he quietly submitted to God.

I feel he has such a deep reverence and fear for the Lord, which surely is the reason for the wisdom he carries.

Lord, let there be more men and women that will fear You and delight in all your commandments...

2008/2/5 14:59Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Excellent post Brother Christian!

I certainly agree with his message, and with Ruach34's assessment of the man also. I have listened to many of his messages and was so grateful to see him at the Revival Conference.

There is no doubt in my mind that every test is intended by the hands of our Potter to shape us into vessels of honor it we will surrender our wills to His knowing full well as I believe it was Hudson Taylor that said, "those who leave the choice to God, always receive the best".

Clint

2008/2/5 18:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

"[i]You had to face tests that were
given to you as you learned.[/i]"

Brother, thank you for this. So applicable to us all, to this forum. Read it earlier and again this evening before recognizing that it is an excerpt of the larger work that you linked to.

Pray this gets read ...

2008/2/6 0:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

[i]“Keith, I’ve learned something over the years. It’s exactly the same as secular school. Think, Keith, of when you were a boy, when you were still at school as a boy. You had to face tests that were given to you as you learned. You had to face each level with an exam. If you failed the exams, Keith, of the Standard you were in, you would have to go through it again, and you’d have to face the same exam again. There’s no way of bypassing it. If you fail the exam, you have to face it again until you pass it. Keith, it’s exactly the same in the school of God, my boy. Trust me about this. I’ve seen it, I’ve learned it. Over and over I’ve learned it. You’re facing an extremely difficult exam here that most of us have never faced, and may never have to. But Keith, if you don’t pass it now, in God’s eyes, and in men’s eyes—and men are watching you—I guarantee you’re going to face this again. Now pass! Pass the exam, boy, or face it again.” He turned and walked away.[/i]

A similar message;

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=16033]The Purpose of Trials[/url]

2008/2/6 9:33Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

I have heard preachers, teachers and evangelists talk about their lives many, many times. Some have done it for the whole sermon without cracking open the Bible, trying to teach from their life experiences.

But Brother Keith, he doesn't do that. When he speaks about his own life, and experiences he's had, it's important and meaningful. I love this brother dearly. I remember listening to the mp3 of this sermon and hanging on every word.

I pray God allows me to hear him in person soon. That would be a great gift to me. If anyone has information on his 2008 itinerary, I would be forever grateful!

2008/2/6 13:45Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: schedule

Brother Keith,

I believe you can get that information by PM to Roniya.

Clint

2008/2/6 17:20Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

You know, I thought of that after posting my note. I remembered that Joy was linked to his newsletter. I sent the PM to her right afterwards.

Thanks Brother Clint!

2008/2/6 17:28Profile
Tears_of_joy

You can hear the whole testimony of brother's Keith father in law (including this one from the first post) here:

[b]My Godly Father-in-law[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=8185

2008/2/7 3:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy