SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Let's get refocussed...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Let's get refocussed...

Couldnt help but notice that there have been several heated threads as of late. I dont know if y'all have noticed or not, but the Lord has really convicted me of my love for contention. Yes, we are to absolutely contend for the faith... but it doesnt say that we should love the contention. We are to love the truth!

So I have repented of that before the Lord and have attempted to try and stay out of different frays, and try to keep civil any discussions I begin. (The recent one on Calvinism is a good example)

I think we all need to step back from time to time and remind ourselves that we are NOT each other's enemies. If we claim to believe in the Jesus of the Bible, and are truly saved... then we are brothers and sisters in the Body.

Love should reign supreme on this forum.

Debate and discuss... and contend when necessary? Absolutely! But if love is not the motivation, then we are wrong.

[b]1 Corinthians 13[/b]

[i]Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity [b](LOVE)[/b] suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity (LOVE), these three; [b]but the greatest of these is charity (LOVE).[/b][/i]

I LOVE Y'ALL!!

Krispy

2008/2/5 8:08
vico

Re: Let's get refocussed...

Amen, brother! Good word.

Quote:
I think we all need to step back from time to time and remind ourselves that we are NOT each other's enemies. If we claim to believe in the Jesus of the Bible, and are truly saved... then we are brothers and sisters in the Body.

Debate and discuss... and contend when necessary? Absolutely! But if love is not the motivation, then we are wrong.

2008/2/5 10:41Profile

Hi Krispy,

When I saw the title I knew (almost) it was yourself at work again in the kingdom of heaven. Past of your words about taking time out have been batting round in my head, and it's been helpful to [i]consider[/i] them, quietly.

Thanks, brother.

2008/2/5 11:28
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Krispy...

Thanks for this timely reminder. Each Christmas, I send out a Christmas card that shows a picture of Jesus. Inside, it simply reads: "[i]To know Him is all that really matters[/i]." On the back are the lyrics to [i]What a Friend we have in Jesus[/i] along with a few verses. I liked the card so much a few years ago that I purchased several boxes!

In the midst of all of the discussions about doctrinal issues (like calvinism vs. non-calvinism, the timeline and manner of the Lord's return, music, etc...), it is wonderful to return to our prayer closet and realize that we are privileged simply because we are allowed to know Him and to intimately fellowship with Him in prayer and worship.

Is there anything greater in this world?

:-)

2008/2/5 13:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
Is there anything greater in this world?

Nope...!

Just to be able to be saved is a priveledge none of us deserve.

Krispy

2008/2/5 14:48

Quote:

Right on Brother!

If I might add, that if we were to talk to one another by phone, or by meeting in person, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that we'd all get along. Text messages are not the best form of communication because we have no idea how a message is coming across and how each one is receiving it. Sometimes I wish there was an audio chat room here.

Thanks for sharing your convictions.

KR

2008/2/5 15:10
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Excellent post Krispy,

I am grateful for the privilege to post period. Our moderators have set forth an excellent opportunity for us to mirror the Love of Christ to those searching for something real in a world of fantasy, deceit and malice.

God bless all of you,

Clint

2008/2/5 15:12Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

How about we all start our posts with my dear beloved.

This could help the stoning (sermonindex style) that some people get when posting.

2008/2/5 15:12Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

And most are left handed.

2008/2/5 22:26Profile

Quote:

What??? You mean that person that isn't KJV preferred isn't my enemy?!!! ;-) :-P
Good point, Krispy. I agree. We need to remember who the enemy is and not let him subtly slip in and sow dissension and discord amongst the brethren.

Quote:

Amen. I am in total agreement, and not just for the forum but in all aspects of our relationships with other believers.

This may not fit in exactly here...but it does in a way. A while ago I talked to a fellow American who spends quite a bit of time in other countries amongst persecuted Christians. I asked this person if they thought persecution was coming to America. Their response: "I wish those Christians (who talk about the failures of the American church) would stop pointing fingers at the failing church and criticizing the body, and instead give their lives to the Lord as instruments of love to the luke warm church." That's not word for word, but it is the jist of what this person said.

It really did make me think about it. How willing am I to lay down my life for the lukewarm church and show the real love of Christ? Or in the context of this thread, instead of arguing, debating and getting upset with those whom I disagree with, am I willing to love them, and discuss those things in a spirit of love and leave it in God's Hands what they choose to believe? How high a priority does loving the brethren have in my life? According to Scripture, it should be a very high priority...umm, like second to loving God!

Thanks, Krispy. Good thread. :-)

2008/2/6 0:15

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy