SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Need comfort.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
nfg22

Need comfort.

Me and my girlfriend broke up about a week ago. I was sure it was God's will when we started dating. She says she felt God saying we needed to end it. I dont feel the same way but I know God really refined me through it in the last week. I just feel lonely and without help. I feel deserted and dont know what to do. I know I need to trust im and I am trying. Are there any good sermons out there for this? Any prayers and words of comfort/advice are great too.

2008/2/4 23:04Profile
HeartSong

Re: Need comfort.

Jeff Wooldridge, Guitar Hymns - Precious Hands

2008/2/4 23:35Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Quote:

nfg22 wrote:
I just feel lonely and without help. I feel deserted and dont know what to do.

22, I noticed you didn't get much of a response from your post seeking comfort, but don't let that discourage you. I want you to know you are not alone.

This is a hard thing to go through, and right now it's probably not a lot of advice you need. (Maybe some of that later.)

But just one thing. I want to tell you... when you're bruised and bleeding like this, be careful your "old enemy" doesn't sneak up on you and hit you when your guard is down. Lean hard on the Lord; He loves you, and knows what you are going through, and will see you through.

"Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us" (Ps. 62.8).

In Christ,
AD

2008/2/6 21:33Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying.

Matthew 11:28-30

2008/2/6 21:40Profile
nfg22

Re:

Thanks guys. I didnt need a response very much. I just cry out to the body when I am in trouble. The thing is God provided much for me in the flesh as alot of my brothers and sisters outside of the web have gathered around me. It has been such a learning time, as is everything God does. I thank God that even three people replied because I know in the deep miracles of God, these are three people in whom God has conquered the unconquerable. If three miracles of that magnitude respond to my paulty problem then I know He loves me. Thank you brothers and though I am still down but it is now more of a crying out for what I want to happen more than crying for what did happen. Thanks. I love all of you. In Christ,
Dylan

2008/2/7 21:54Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I am still down . . .

Praise Him! and He will lift you up.

2008/2/7 22:05Profile
nfg22

Re:

I do and He does. Im not down in a depressed mood anymore. I believe its like the sorrow David had when he was about to lose his son. I am looking forward to restoration of my relationship, but still I know God is good. Thanks for that song BTW. It was awesome.

2008/2/7 22:13Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

nfg22 wrote:
I am looking forward to restoration of my relationship

Hi, Dylan.

Good to hear that you are doing okay, and that you have friends that have gathered around you.

About what you mentioned above (about looking forward to the restoration of your relationship)...I hope you are being careful here, and not setting yourself up for more disappointment. I think you'd be wiser to pray that whole situation into the hands of the Lord, and put your trust in Him, and keep His peace ruling in your heart. Whatever happens then, HE will never let you down.

...Since you're feeling a bit better already, I thought I might open my heart to you about something I think would make you a wiser person... if you're able to receive what I want to say. I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing you are fairly young. And, being a grandfather myself, and not so young anymore, I've been there. Been through a few things.

And I'd like to encourage you, Dylan, to forget about this whole girlfriend/boyfriend thing. It's the way of the world, and it only sets you up for heartache. I'm giving you this advice not just from wounded experience, but as an older Christian: I don't think it's the will of God... the "going steady" thing. (Uh-oh... here they come with the tar and feathers.)

No, seriously. It's kind of like "getting married" before you get married. Don't do it, Dylan. You get emotionally entwined with someone in a way that God doesn't intend unless there is a serious prospect of marriage. (And I said "emotionally," making no mention of getting entangled "physically," ...which, well, if you are a Christian and have a conscience that's in working order, I don't have to say anything about.)

So... make friends, yes. Of your own sex, and the opposite sex. But keep it there: friendships. Christian friendships. Build Christian friendships and relationships. Keep it wholesome. Keep it clean. Keep it right in God's eyes. Do things with others in a group together...

Then in due time, when with the Lord's help and leading, you feel strongly for someone and want to build a deeper relationship with marriage in view... then you can begin to close other doors, and "go a-courting."

So, are you still with me? Here's what I suggest. YOU take the lead in this thing now. You mentioned she felt God was saying you were to break off the relationship. I don't know what reasons she had for that, but YOU take the lead now, and agree with her... (that'll get her thinking) ...and then keep the relationship as a friendship. For now. Then, later on... who knows? I'm not saying I know. God knows.

And so let God lead you in this, and He will protect you in this.

I can't tell you how strongly I feel about this (because I think God Himself feels very strongly about it). It's one of the most important decisions you will ever make, the decision (eventually) about a marriage partner.

Some restraint now-- keeping a tight rein on your heart and emotions-- and willingness to obey God now... He will take it seriously, and be with you a hundred percent later on, and keep you from making a mistake.

Bless you,
AD

2008/2/7 23:49Profile

Re:

Agreeing with these brothers for you in prayer.

I'm a grandparent too and I can see you've been given good words here.

One thing that always comes to mind was Jesus' prayer in the Garden - "Nevertheless, Not My Will be done - but THINE".

If He could pray that - knowing what it would cost Him - we need to pray that at every turn and pain also.

GOD Bless you brother.

2008/2/8 0:01
nfg22

Re:

I do like what you have to say and I admit it is hard to hear. That is usually a good sign I need to do it. I am not one to just date girls to see how i feel about them. I use the term dating instead of courting or going steady only because it is the language used now. Before we started our relationship I prayed and sought the Lord's will and felt a peace. Now that we are apart I still feel a peace about being with her. I am tying to commit myself to the Lord and trying to get my emotions out of the way. I pray for His will and His emotions. It is hard.

Basically it comes down to this. I still feel as if her and I should be together so I am not as willing to give up on it. We are not talking for a month just to make sure we can get away and let God do His work. I am trying to find God's will here and any advice is well listened to. Thanks and anymore would be great.

2008/2/8 0:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy